Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 198votes)

Mai Ball!

Alt Names: alt マイぼーる!alt My Ball!
Author: Inoue Sora
Artist: Inoue Sora
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mai has been helping out her childhood friend, Kunimitsu, every morning with football practice ever since they were little. After years of practice, Kunimitsu has been MVP 2 years in a row at the middle school nationals. One day, Reika - one of Kunimitsu's admirers - witnesses the two childhood friends practicing, and is shocked by Mai's ability to keep up. Determined to prove herself to Kunimitsu, Reika challenges Mai to a football challenge!

Caught between her childhood crush and new competition, will Mai be able to hold her composure? With a tendency to get too nervous or fantasize about Kunimitsu, Mai has a hard time playing football outside of practice. Can she stop her lewd fantasies long enough to beat Reika? [Kamas]
Go to Mai Ball! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

935 Comments

But that is kilometres offside. How blind can the ref be?

no offside is counted if the player get the ball in his own side of the field XD... 

just wait for the author to not make it blatantly stupid his excuse in how the goal was made.

But that is kilometres offside. How blind can the ref be?

and now is going to be monthly, dammit!! 

Wait, that was obviously offside. The sideways pass from Chidori to Mai was fine, but when Mai took the shot and another player flicked it in with no defenders anywhere between Mai and the goal? That's so blatantly against the rules and only the dumbest ref in the world would miss it.

just wait for the author to not make it blatantly stupid his excuse in how the goal was made.

What is this absurd offside? What the actual f author? 

Inb4 the goal is not counted and that's it. Another 30min's or they face off again in some time.

Wait, that was obviously offside. The sideways pass from Chidori to Mai was fine, but when Mai took the shot and another player flicked it in with no defenders anywhere between Mai and the goal? That's so blatantly against the rules and only the dumbest ref in the world would miss it.

Here's what probably happened.

The author wanted Giant Girl to be a crushingly unstoppable force no one can do anything against and, in many ways, she is just that. When done right, this particular plot device is a good way to show what happens when your protagonists are cornered into a desperate situation. This, however, can only work when your characters have already faced and overcome a fair number of obstacles before which, obviously, isn't the case here.

I can't help but compare her to Eyeshield 21's Gaou because she is basically a gender swap of that character, which isn't the problem here. The problem is that by the time Gaou was introduced, we were way into the story and our protagonists had defeated quite a list of very diverse and formidable foes. Regardless of whether or not they beat him, they were given the time to properly grow into a team capable of at least facing that type of monster.

Here not only our characters are still a bunch of inexperienced rookies but we're so early into the manga (this is their second official game, I think?) the stakes aren't nearly high enough to make it exciting.

It's too bad because aside from this sadly crucial detail, the trope is relatively well depicted. Oh well, we all know what we're really here for.

And even on Eyeshield it was tricky, since the whole Story was built for that 2nd match against Ojou and when that was over, the story started to fall into all those "Sports Manga" traps it had avoided before.

Spoiler

I think the author didn't have much faith in his own work, 'cause in the end the story is about them playing only that tournament, while in eyeshield they got more than 1 tournament to focus and they could make more challenges for the bats, that's why you're right in the use of the giant as an enemy for the match.

Nothing's really happened in the last 10 chapters.  Pace of writing has ground to a halt.  Don't remember how many chapters Mai's been out-played, out-muscled, out-schemed by Giant Girl.  Now we're going to get another chapter of how Mai "powered up" because the rain stopped, only to get out-run, out-smarted, and out-hustled by Giant Girl anyway.

*sigh*

I feel like the author's out of tricks in their writing.  Kunimitsu's made no contributions as a coach, Mai is just chasing the ball, and Reika's been irrelevant this whole match.  I still don't get the point of having her sit out the first half of the game when she hasn't done anything in the second half.  How is she more worn out than everyone else?

They should just stop playing soccer and the author should just turn this into an ecchi harem rom-com.  Don't need to pretend it's a sports manga anymore.

Reika gave the team their second air and has been blocking no.11 and just saved the third goal of them, how is she more worn out? first have you played a competitive sport?? even if you enter the second half at the end you get tired like the rest of the team and you remember she didn't play the first half 'cause she isn't still in her 100%??

the team is still pretty rookie and they're only 11 (can't believe reika convinced him) ... it's harder for them to make them change strategies, he can only get them to pump on for now, specially since no.6 blocks really fast mai or the other players when they attack, so they can just attack for the sides, they need to get over the giant to get the goal (like what happened with the first and second goal), so Mai fighting her ... getting the giant only focused in her was the right choice.

I guess I missed something or something wasn't depicted, cause I don't see/get where was a foul there. They both face-planted, but it look like either one had did anything to the other to cause it. Seemed like they both just got overbalanced, not a foul.

Nothing's really happened in the last 10 chapters.  Pace of writing has ground to a halt.  Don't remember how many chapters Mai's been out-played, out-muscled, out-schemed by Giant Girl.  Now we're going to get another chapter of how Mai "powered up" because the rain stopped, only to get out-run, out-smarted, and out-hustled by Giant Girl anyway.

The author wanted Giant Girl to be a crushingly unstoppable force no one can do anything against and, in many ways, she is just that. When done right, this particular plot device is a good way to show what happens when your protagonists are cornered into a desperate situation. This, however, can only work when your characters have already faced and overcome a fair number of obstacles before which, obviously, isn't the case here.

I can't help but compare her to Eyeshield 21's Gaou because she is basically a gender swap of that character, which isn't the problem here. The problem is that by the time Gaou was introduced, we were way into the story and our protagonists had defeated quite a list of very diverse and formidable foes. Regardless of whether or not they beat him, they were given the time to properly grow into a team capable of at least facing that type of monster.

Here not only our characters are still a bunch of inexperienced rookies but we're so early into the manga (this is their second official game, I think?) the stakes aren't nearly high enough to make it exciting.

It's too bad because aside from this sadly crucial detail, the trope is relatively well depicted. Oh well, we all know what we're really here for.

Who cares? I just love the shapes of these girls.

Watching them running around and getting wet is all the charm of this manga.

*sigh*

I feel like the author's out of tricks in their writing.  Kunimitsu's made no contributions as a coach, Mai is just chasing the ball, and Reika's been irrelevant this whole match.  I still don't get the point of having her sit out the first half of the game when she hasn't done anything in the second half.  How is she more worn out than everyone else?

They should just stop playing soccer and the author should just turn this into an ecchi harem rom-com.  Don't need to pretend it's a sports manga anymore.

Randomly noticed that the title is one "S" away from being hilarious to say out loud. Too bad.

Die loli. I don't want anything but boobs on the team. >:^)

Somehow it feels like this match is dragging a little bit too long. But that's personal opinion btw.

If this starts turning into a Kuroko no Basket type manga... this big girl is already pushing it tbh.

You're right.

Let's call it:

Chidori no Sakka

UPDATES!

If this starts turning into a Kuroko no Basket type manga... this big girl is already pushing it tbh. 

RIP Chidori, butt-slapped to death.

WAS it a butt-slap? Judging by the forearm's position in the first panel, the hand hit at the small of the back, not the butt.

Okay I know I might be beating a dead horse (haha get it cuz she fuckin' died) but uh...

b e s t    g i r l

Spoiler

Spoiler

RIP Chidori, butt-slapped to death.

Spoiler

It sure did D0=.... well played...

Jebaited

Sadly they still haven't found a way to stop the Colossal Titan.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics