Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 87votes)

Shounen Shoujo

Alt Names: alt Chico Enfermo Chica Enfermaalt 症年症女alt Disease Boy, Disease Girlalt Ill Boy Ill Girlalt 증년증녀alt Sick Boy, Sick Girl
Author: Nisioisin
Artist: Akatsuki Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Enrolled in a certain elementary school is an unpleasant 11-year-old boy with a highly cynical outlook on society. Believing that the world lacks individuality, he wants nothing more than to be unique and remembered. The boy seemingly gets the chance to leave his name in history when he becomes the first to be diagnosed with a new incurable disease that is estimated to kill him by the age of 12.

Just as he is rejoicing about his newfound individuality, he meets a cheerful, prodigious girl who has the same disease—and is nearing her 12th birthday. As the boy realizes that he won't be the first to die from the disease and therefore won't be remembered, he forms a twisted plan: kill the girl before her illness does.
Go to Shounen Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruit a translator and a proofreader for Shounen Shoujou manga New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

147 Comments

The premise is already ridiculously absurd, but I think it was the flowchart that tipped me over the edge.

That scene made me desperately hope that this is actually a sequel or spin-off of Medaka Box. Like, maybe the girl and/or boy are the children of characters from Medaka Box. We can hope, at least. :lol:

"Hey guys! Don't you think it would be awesome if you had kids? Oh! Even better! Kids that won't live past twelve due to an untreatable disease! Wouldn't that be fun?"

"What do you mean "no?""

This screams like a trap to me.

I don't mean that kind of "trap" though. But it feels like the boy's action was guided by someone else.

C'mon! Nobody got the reference?....

Damn, I'm old....

Cu9F8zK.jpg

Ι don't think that was really a reference, chief.

there's quite a few typos in this one...

who's betting that the 'doc' is someone from medaka box?

That scene made me desperately hope that this is actually a sequel or spin-off of Medaka Box. Like, maybe the girl and/or boy are the children of characters from Medaka Box. We can hope, at least. :lol:

who's betting that the 'doc' is someone from medaka box?

Wait, Wtf? Oh Suuuuure! There's an actual tutorial book that people conveniently find in a library for murder purposes but I can't find hentai doujins simply for important "scientific research"!? The hell is this!

Now why would you go to a library for hentai doujins comrade? We have the all purpose magical internet.

Wait, Wtf? Oh Suuuuure! There's an actual tutorial book that people conveniently find in a library for murder purposes but I can't find hentai doujins simply for important "scientific research"!? The hell is this!

It's a cruel world we live in

alfred hitchcock, robert bloch, brett easton, stanley kubrick, stephen king, the authors of the mask(comic),  half of DC and Marvel, james wan/leigh whannel (Saw), even suzanne collins, and many more.

yeah uh-huh, japaneese are suuure fucked up, no one in the west are.

Allow me to add 2 more into that primary list: H.P.Lovecraft for The call of Cthullu, and Valdimir Nabokov for.... "Lolita".

The author should be hospitalized like his protagonist is. Though, when I think what books Japaneese people sell in thier country... it's not art. It's just plain disturbing and disgusting.

alfred hitchcock, robert bloch, brett easton, stanley kubrick, stephen king, the authors of the mask(comic),  half of DC and Marvel, james wan/leigh whannel (Saw), even suzanne collins, and many more.

yeah uh-huh, japaneese are suuure fucked up, no one in the west are.

You can just buy some picture books if you're afraid of the big bad world.

But...but what if some people find the pictures disturbing, or objectionable, or frightening?

Clearly, the solution is just to ban every form of art, so that nobody is offended ever again.

That hospital is quite... boxy like a typical anime evil science or factory.

C'mon! Nobody got the reference?....

Damn, I'm old....

Cu9F8zK.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?

Ch.1: 「 ███ 」

Ch.2: 「 ▀░▄▓▌」

Somehow I get the impression that they aren't supposed to look like this.

...? What is the problem? the title of the chapter is wrote there clear as day, pretty fitting too.

Kay lets jail the guy who wrote American physco, every murder murder mystery writer, and anyone who wrote a story where characters want to kill others for selfish reasons too.
Oh hey where's everybody?

Don't forget to jail the one who wrote the screen play for The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger's Joker was down right disturbing.

The author should be hospitalized like his protagonist is. Though, when I think what books Japaneese people sell in thier country... it's not art. It's just plain disturbing and disgusting.

You can just buy some picture books if you're afraid of the big bad world.

Also, Western countries sell 50 Shades of Gray.

Kay lets jail the guy who wrote American physco, every murder murder mystery writer, and anyone who wrote a story where characters want to kill others for selfish reasons too.
Oh hey where's everybody?

That hospital is quite... boxy like a typical anime evil science or factory.

Either this dude is trolling or he didn't read the manga

"What kind of expression did I make?"
Spoiler

Anyone else seeing this?

Nope, you are special just like the MC congrats.

Anyone else seeing this?

Nah, I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be like that.

Anyone else seeing this?

They are supposed to look like that, I think. They correspond to

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics