Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.92 - 294votes)

Big Order

Alt Names: alt พลังจิตเปลี่ยนโลกalt ビッグオーダーalt Gran Orden
Author: Esuno Sakae
Artist: Esuno Sakae
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The manga's story centers on an introverted high school student named Eiji Hoshimiya with a huge secret — he wished for the destruction of the world when he was younger. Fairies give certain people special powers called Orders. What Order Users can do with their power depends on their wishes. 10 years after the Great Destruction, Eiji struggles to come to terms with his immense power.
Go to Big Order Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Volume 9 Chapter 47 Discussion: Sakae screws up New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Fan Theory - Big Order + Future Diary New Window dragontune172
  • 3 Replies
Topic Who are YOU rooting for? Rin x Eiji or Iyo x Eiji? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 5 Replies
Topic Powers, discussions and theories New Window Irecinius
  • 9 Replies
Topic Mirai Nikki and Big Order: Similarities and Differences New Window Theoderich
  • 1 Replies
Topic creating a team for Big Order New Window domper60
  • 7 Replies

586 Comments

Can someone tell me how much the anime is different from the manga?

Shall I pick it up from Chapter 1?

Story wise, plot is the same with the anime skipping some parts here and there. But the anime gives the impression that the director read the manga and went,"Screw this. Let's just wing it, have fun and go full camp with this."

It's overall more mindless fun, more edgy-ness, more glorious sunlight, more random Rin death scenes, more heartwarming, more outright incest, more campy saxy (Yes, it's so sexy it becomes saxy) jazzy soundtracks, more Eiji x Rin, more defiance of basic laws of physics, more innuendo, more smile inducing and more jaw dropping (Edgy-sama. I'm pregnant). And they take the time to draw food- lots of food. Considering the source material, it's B-movie anime gold in its finest form, on par with the works by veteran studios such as Ghibli, feel, White Fox, Madhouse and ufotable.

The anime is not a mere adaptation of a manga about Edgy-sama trying to save his beloved non-blood related imouto. It's a Gilgamesh and Homer level epic about a small studio's rebellious warcry against the gods who sneer and mock at them while tossing their endless divine arsenal of bad source material, flat characters, deus ex machinas and illogical plot twists upon humanity, just as Zeus chucks lightning bolts against any mere mortal who dares to defy him and scale Mount Olympus.

The review at the top nails the anime perfectly (10/10 by MozillaFennekin) - https://myanimelist.net/anime/31904/Big_Order_TV/reviews

On a serious note, it's not "Anime of the year" material, but it's a strong contender for the "Considering the budget and source material, you gave it your best" category if it exists. It's so bad it goes full circle to awesome. It makes you want a season 2 just to see how the studio is going to save this "Sena is the main boss" arc.

In chapter 44, as someone who watched the anime, my biggest shock was that the nudity in this chapter was not covered by sunlight coming out of nowhere.

In the anime, it could be nighttime and sunlight, against all odds and laws of physics, would actually appear every time there's nudity.

Though the writer is taking his time at least he is not pulling ridiculous twists coming out of nowhere.

Spoiler

In c44 we see a bit more of Eiji's mindset. He picks up some grand goal and as long as he does it he feel that his existence is justified and he can be here. Doesn't even matter what exactly it is - "be a good brother to Sena" or "murder Sena". Of course it makes him overlook smaller things and treat everyone around him terribly becasue they're not necessary for what he's pursuing even though they actually think he deserves to be here. Of course, with all those themes ripping off Evangelion goes even further than giant naked chicks and instrumentality.

Eventually people start to see how Eiji mistreats them though, he can be such a scumbag it's almost fascinating, Rin caught up to it in this chapter and Dazaifu abandoned him just like Igawa said. Hiiragi will also have something to say about that.

For some reason, he just stood there panicking when his power is actually much superior to a Nuclear bomb. Problem lies in the writing itself, not in the way the plot had advanced

Well, in the end it just comes back to the manga being bad, which is univerally accepted even amongst the people who like it.

Though the writer is taking his time at least he is not pulling ridiculous twists coming out of nowhere.

The manga will become 10 out of 10 if in the end Sena fights her brother like Vergil.

Don't go that way, you might as well start questioning why can't Hiiragi just declare "it's not true that we're not winning". Superpowers in this manga used in the way it's convenient to the plot.

No, that's precisely the problem here. THe author failed the moment he gave a godly power to the MC.

Had he a restraint of some kind, or at least a restriction, like, "can only dominate people", or "only objects", we wouldn't have this problem.

But he's pretty much a god inside his territory, all problems would have been avoided if he only used his power earlier, to the point where most plot devices become stupid, cause he already has the power to avoid most bad outcomes, but still let's them happen.

Just remember the Yamaguchi Arc, he could've dismantled the Nuclear Bombs himself, by just ordering the damn thing directly, it was already in his territory, after all. But for some reason, he didn't.

For some reason, he just stood there panicking when his power is actually much superior to a Nuclear bomb. Problem lies in the writing itself, not in the way the plot had advanced

He would need to put all of the explosive devices in his domain (we see at least 6 in the spread).

Nah, just dispatch that order to the console. No need to bother with biometrics.

Order: Don't detonate. Problem solved.

He would need to put all of the explosive devices in his domain (we see at least 6 in the spread).

Order: Don't detonate. Problem solved.

What I want to know is why Sena is evil in the first place. What made Sena see the world in the way she does now.
Please, let it not be the "just because she's evil" kind of story. I think I would go fucking nuclear over this shit then.

She isn't evil. She's still doing the same thing she's been trying to do for half this series: free her brother from his image problem. Being peaceful in that endeavor didn't work out, now she's going for the evil villain route featuring her brother as the hero.

Every time she does something, you can see her little mannerisms that betray her ulterior motives. She constantly eggs him on to stop her, and even now she's always explicitly giving him the information he needs to stop her. She just needs him to go the final mile. But even after all the vile things she has said to him to push him to the edge, I still doubt he can see her as an enemy. He's totally and utterly heartbroken right now and feels cornered, but she'll always be his little sister. That's why making Rin and co. show up now is important. But he's still probably going to try to stop them from harming her.

I've said before though, I don't really like this turn of events with Sana... I think Sena is being an idiot and it's seriously hard to read.

The manga will become 10 out of 10 if in the end Sena fights her brother like Vergil.

why the hell no one tried to stop her sickness with Bind Dominator?

Don't go that way, you might as well start questioning why can't Hiiragi just declare "it's not true that we're not winning". Superpowers in this manga used in the way it's convenient to the plot.

What I want to know is why Sena is evil in the first place. What made Sena see the world in the way she does now.

Please, let it not be the "just because she's evil" kind of story. I think I would go fucking nuclear over this shit then.

No it's because the author is stupid. The one who caused the Great Destruction was never. Sena but her father, the power may have been hers, but she never used it for that. Also why the hell no one tried to stop her sickness with Bind Dominator? That thing can even bend gravity, i don't know any disease that could not be healed by it. Sclerosis? Just order your tissues to stop hardening, or to work proplerly.

Pneumonia, be it viral in nature, or Bacterial, just order those microorganisms to stop replicating, even Aids could healed this way. There was no need for a fancy experiment that results in the armaggeddon.

[quote name="Stiff" timestamp="1466693862"]The sex scene gave us more feeling to put into their relationship. The anime staff understood this work better than the mangaka himself.[/quotquoNo, that is not it. The Overlying theme of Big Order is :How Far you would go for Family. That has been blatant since the beginning. The animators added unnecessary romantic bits to conform to the harem formula when it wasn't needed.

Right Now it appears that It's Sena hating Wiki from the bottom of her heart. Rin also Gets more screen time here. And the Manga is more coherent and has decent comedy. In the anime Sena and Eiji had this weird Incest thing going on. I nthe manga they both feel that they have to protect each other and love each other like siblings. It seems like I am contradicting myself. But I'm not.

I would'nt say it's THAT different, anime has some exclusive scenes (lots of them) and manga is more coherent with the story, it also has some exclusive stuff. It's better to get familliar with both for full experience. Anime ends around the end of volume 6, manga continues to go it's way.

I like how whatever Sena said to Eiji is apparently so bad we're not allowed to read it.

Yep, even the chapter 1 is different

Well Sena's actually right...

Mc is just a stalker now...

And a stupid one too...

Dear Sena, your oni-chan just went full yandere on you...

The problem with this manga right now is that Eiji refuses to see his sister as bad. It's annoying.

I no longer care what is happening in this manga.

yep, I'm out, maybe read it again in some years, or when it's end xD

Please, don't go that way.

If my current theory is right, Sena want's to be stopped, or rather she want's to be killed.
Her personality change smelled like bullshit from day one, and now i'm almost certain she didn't change a thing.
Here's my theory: 
(Putting it in spoiler tags, in the small chance it does becomes an actual fact...)

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you're spot on. I've considered this angle as well since her change was so spontaneous, and since it happened before she even activated the machine so it's not like this change was the work of turning on that machine.

The problem with this is that her brother could never hate Sena. She can try, she can be as cruel as she can to illicit that hatred from him up to and including fully intending to destroy everything, but she's never going to find that hatred in him. The whole time he's going to try to save her, rather than kill her. If her plan goes the way she (presumably) wants, he would blame himself until the day he dies.

I no longer know what is happening in this manga

I no longer care what is happening in this manga.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics