Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 56votes)

Soil

Alt Names: alt ソイル
Author: Kaneko Atsushi
Artist: Kaneko Atsushi
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Something strange is going on in "Soil New Town." The sudden disappearance of a seemingly normal family leads the two detectives Yokoi and Onoda to the idyllic town in the middle of nowhere. What looks like a routine case at first quickly turns into a complex and deadly riddle where nothing is what it seems to be. Will the two desperate investigators manage to solve the mystery before it's too late?
Go to Soil Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

66 Comments

This is one of the top 5 manga I've read. Its just way up there, out there. And such a strong warning against abstract art. Really. It also explains why Koike Keiichi isn't done with another volume of ultra heaven yet... It's Sakura and Sakurada's fault!!

If the Suzushiros disapperaring was the way reality had to fix itself (I assume the flayed horse is some kind of reality guardian of sorts) why even weirder stuff started to happen afterwards.

Its like the Suzuhiros were a plug and once removed all kind of foreign bodies started to pour into Soil.

Man, this shit is good.

I just read all the translated chapters (I found this gem only a few days ago) and as I see it,

Spoiler

Its like the Suzuhiros were a plug and once removed all kind of foreign bodies started to pour into Soil.

Like a scab that came off too soon? And now the open wound is open to all sorts of "infections"...

If the Suzushiros disapperaring was the way reality had to fix itself (I assume the flayed horse is some kind of reality guardian of sorts) why even weirder stuff started to happen afterwards.

Man, this shit is good.

My guess for the bad shit is:

Spoiler

Talking about all that "foreign bodies" stuff. Does the chaos also expel bits of reality going the other way?

Finally, that is a pretty well set up tragedy. Been there since the beginning and now we're having the narrative payoff. There are a few more things that I can think off that should be getting a similar treatment soon. We have seen a lot of fucked up stuff happening in this town from even before the event with only the barest of context and background.

Spoiler

Man, this shit is good.

I think that the plot is becoming clearer and clearer, while things are getting weirder and weirder.

Spoiler

If you read it again, it's probably gonna come to you. I reread the whole thing, and a few days afterwards, Hox started publishing these again. Whew, lucky me!

I'm kinda getting lost now.... There're just a lot of 'Huh?' or 'wtf?' moments now... 

Truck- san never tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ckbYJ2eRUU

Truck- san never tires.

So it's basically a story about meme magick: how the bizarre thoughts and beliefs of the masses eventually take physical shape. 

For some reason I thought of this after reading the latest chapter:

http://www.viruscomix.com/page567.html

Not that it's really relevant to the chapter but the theme of the series is a bit similar to its concept.

HOX many thanks for picking this up! a great rare psicodelic manga, the author probably has had his way with many chemicals :D, sitill it's a really cool work to enjoy.

all the best Hox, let's see if the soil is unveiled, great work!

Was reading this before on Fox, totally forgot about it.

The author has done some ball tripping, and i am just following him behind.

Happy to see new chapters after 3 years of break! Caught by chance the updates (was not following the manga).

I only found this manga recently and marathoned it in two sittings. Thanks for taking up the scanlating, Hox (if you read this)

Tripping time!

This manga has it all.

That horse has Shrek ears.

What a masterpiece, thanks for scanlating this.

Well, the art is kinda meh, but I'm enjoying the story. It's like a milder version of Junji Ito's work. Clear similarities with Uzumaki.

Sergeant Yokoi did nothing wrong, he's da real MVP here
This... Is amazing. Just... expertly done.

Damn, this manga easily goes into my top ten. Definitely worth a read.

I think I just soiled myself.

Finally!! There is a GOD!! Just didn't know his name was Hox!... Thanks Hox and Kid Kongo!!!!

Amazing! Thank you for picking this one up!

Is anyone going to pick this up????? Really would like to read it...

Guess someone did :)

And Hox of all people, too!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics