Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 63votes)

Kyoumen no Silhouette

Alt Names: alt 鏡面のシルエットalt 镜面的剪影alt Kyomen no Silhouettealt Silhouette in the Mirror's Surfacealt Silhouette in the Surface of the Mirror
Author: Nagayama Tamase
Artist: Kagesaki Yuna
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Elna was entrusted with ruling a country at a very young age when her father, the king of a small kingdom, fell very ill. With such a heavy burden placed upon a mere teenager, the king gave Elna an important piece of advice about how he made his time of rule a success: find your shadow. By finding her double, she will find the will to live and be brave even in the most dire situations. Elna does find a person who looks identical to her but it turns out fate loves to play games. Teshio used to be a simple rancher who had a problem of always being mistaken for a girl but he is about to go from rags to riches because he becomes the new shadow for princess Elna.
Go to Kyoumen no Silhouette Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

124 Comments

Today's a good day.

I've waited 2 years for this. Vortex Scans, ily.

A new twist on "good things come in threes", noted by our graphics guys: in their queue at this moment are Kyoumen no Silhouette #3, Nariyuki Makase no Tengu Michi #3, Nagi no Asu Kara #3 and Tamanyan #3.

yay ~~~

cheers ... thanks for all of your teamwork release ... ^o^ ...

I like it, thanks for the upload, btw there's an exactly same manga with the same plot/characters (female princess/male shadow) though that one is has tragic and drama tags xD

I've looked at that other manga, and agree that much of the basic premise is the same, but the tone is worlds different.  The other manga is far more serious.  Though women are important in this series, they are still more or less normal.  In the other series, women are absolutely the bosses, and men are treated as chattel . . . much as women have been treated (and continue to be treated) at different times and different places in the history of our world.

I like it, thanks for the upload, btw there's an exactly same manga with the same plot/characters (female princess/male shadow) tough that one is has tragic and drama tags xD

At last.....
after this manga abandoned 2 years ago, a brave warrior from Vortex-Scans revive it. Thank you so much !

As I mentioned before, it was never abandoned. The scanlator had done one chapter to guage interest.

Rise from your grave!

At last.....

after this manga abandoned 2 years ago, a brave warrior from Vortex-Scans revive it. Thank you so much !

Thanks Vortex guys, this is one of the few gender bending series that i actually like reading. It's so good and funny, and i feel like singing the "trolololo lololo lololo" every few pages. If you don't know the music, try going to the youtube, it's really funny.

Edit: I kind of wonder how funny they would look as king and queen. I mean, imagine when they are a couple and sit on the throne, two people looking the same, or when the princess starts pretending to be him...
And no, this is not a spoiler, since i only read what is in here, it's just a prediction

A new twist on "good things come in threes", noted by our graphics guys: in their queue at this moment are Kyoumen no Silhouette #3, Nariyuki Makase no Tengu Michi #3, Nagi no Asu Kara #3 and Tamanyan #3.

And finally, here are the first two chapters.  Our main graphics guy's computer went on the blink and it literally put us back a whole month.  Anyway, the next chapter is already translated, so it may be out somewhat quicker.

Thank you so much. You literally just made my day. :D

Whoa ....an update!

55966-Supernatural-thank-you-gif-dg3W.gi

And finally, here are the first two chapters.  Our main graphics guy's computer went on the blink and it literally put us back a whole month.  Anyway, the next chapter is already translated, so it may be out somewhat quicker.

tumblr_mr9q64Dlj41r1mr1po1_500.gif

UPDATE 2013/09/10: We would have had chapter one done already, and would probably have been done with chapter two . . . except that the main cleaner/typesetter's computer crashed, and the technician isn't quite letting it out of his grip yet.  Fortunately, no files were lost since they live in a DropBox folder.  In the meantime, progress is being made in translating chapter 3.

UPDATE 2013/09/16 - Chapter 1 fully typeset, Chapter 3 fully translated.

This looks interesting, and from the mangaka who did Karin, no less.  I should have the three tankobon volumes by next weekend.

UPDATE 2013/07/29 - Have all three volumes.  Work commenced, redoing chapter one so it will be consistent with later chapters.

UPDATE 2013/08/15 - Chapter one translated and mostly cleaned.    Translation of chapter two started.

UPDATE 2013/08/26 - Chapter three scanned. Chapter two translated. Chapter one being typeset.

THANK YOU.

I read this so long ago, just saw this again, and you comment made my day. >>:D

I think your best bet at seeing more of this manga is to try to convince another scanlator to scanlate it. I certainly hope that some other scanlator picks it up, because I really like it so far.

This looks interesting, and from the mangaka who did Karin, no less.  I should have the three tankobon volumes by next weekend.

UPDATE 2013/07/29 - Have all three volumes.  Work commenced, redoing chapter one so it will be consistent with later chapters.

UPDATE 2013/08/15 - Chapter one translated and mostly cleaned.    Translation of chapter two started.

UPDATE 2013/08/26 - Chapter three scanned. Chapter two translated. Chapter one being typeset.
@Nyashuki The Scanlator only did the first chapter to gauge interest. Then they did some releases for some of their other work, then dropped off the face of the earth for over half a year. I don't know if the scanlator plans to continue this series, but it doesn't matter as long as the scanlator herself is mia.

I think your best bet at seeing more of this manga is to try to convince another scanlator to scanlate it. I certainly hope that some other scanlator picks it up, because I really like it so far.
I'm not really sure if this Manga is been dropped or not since the Scanlator site doesn't tell anything and since its July 2012 already and the last update was September 2011, so I'm guessing this manga has been dropped.

Too bad, I find the story and art amusing.
also is this not being released or translated anymore? I mean it says september was the last release and all so just wondering...
He should have made a deal to have the farm animals atleast brought to where he was, I mean like peko said that cow is cute no fair lol.
If he forgets about his cute cow, I will hate him forever....
I like this one, it's funny, I love the art style(easy to recognize Kagesaki Yuna's style), and oh my god it's not set in any school, that's refreshing indeed.
I love the commander she's freakin Awesome!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics