Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 505votes)

Gosu (The Master)

Alt Names: alt 고수
Author: Ryu Ki-Woon
Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A young man set forth to avenge his master, a once powerful martial artist who was betrayed by his own men and barely escaped with his life. Armed with his master's supreme martial art techniques, he is ready to bring terror and wreak havoc among the murim. But before he even got started, he learns that the ones who had betrayed his master are already dead... Erm, so what happens now?

Raws found at: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662774&weekday=wed
Go to Gosu (The Master) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is there any connection between Gosu and Yongbi The Invicible? New Window Roxis
  • 2 Replies
Topic Too good to read for free New Window jonboybeebop
  • 4 Replies
Topic New Chapter Discussion. New Window geenius3ab
  • 16 Replies
Topic Gosu Wiki New Window Demotivator
  • 6 Replies

1760 Comments

For those who wants to keep up this series after it got licensed, go to google play and search webtoon, it should be green in color

There's two version, korean and English, i picked english
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.linewebtoon
With Line Naver English webtoon, not only i followed and subscribe to Gosu, but these series aswell

God of high school
Tower of god
Adventure Of God
Miss Abbot and the Doctor
She's a vampire
Hellper
I dont want to be this kind of hero
The gamer
Unordinary
Super secret
Oh holy
Kind of confidential
Untouchable
Girls of the wild
Orange marmalade

1. Read Yongbi the Invincible, then Yongbi Bulpae Oejeon
2. Next read 괴협전 (10 years after Yongbi)
3. Finally Gosu 1, Gosu 2 (30-40 years after Yongbi, 20-30 years after 괴협전)
You guys can understand EVERYTHING about what happened to Yongbi in Gosu 2 :)

Some of us can't read Yongbi 2 since it wasn't translated to english ever.

So explain it to us :)

1. Read Yongbi the Invincible, then Yongbi Bulpae Oejeon
2. Next read 괴협전 (10 years after Yongbi)
3. Finally Gosu 1, Gosu 2 (30-40 years after Yongbi, 20-30 years after 괴협전)
You guys can understand EVERYTHING about what happened to Yongbi in Gosu 2 :)

Well on this topic. A post from ghostiex on the SCS website a few weeks back, might put things into perspective a little or at least it did for me:

And their redrawer had some photoshop expierience as well ... god damn it, they could have just subcontracted them.

Seriously, just compared chapter 11 from SupremeCreamScans with webtoons and I agree... Webtoons trans are not up to par. SupremeCreamScans should reach out to them and offer their translation services. its a win win situation. :D

Well on this topic. A post from ghostiex on the SCS website a few weeks back, might put things into perspective a little or at least it did for me:

Well, the truth is, we (as in SCS working on Gosu) aren’t just amateurs – the translator is actually an accredited professional translator with 10 years of experience who’s also familiar with martial arts stuff, and the proofreader is an aspiring writer with a degree in journalism. We take pride in our work, and Line would’ve had to hire someone reallllly good to match our quality – which probably wasn’t the case.

Seriously, just compared chapter 11 from SupremeCreamScans with webtoons and I agree... Webtoons trans are not up to par. SupremeCreamScans should reach out to them and offer their translation services. its a win win situation. :D

Thanks for the script. Very useful if one doesn't want to wait for webtoons to catch up. With 2 screens, this works well :D

So Chief Gang spent at least a few months with Goo Hwi and the lads... but he's still fat lolololol.

Wat....WAT? What happened between the seasons? Did Ryong and Yongbi fight? Did he train under him or was he just resting up with Goo Hwi? How did he even find Goo Hwi? I feel we skipped over some very important parts in this jump between seasons.

I just saw the raws too. I think you are right. That should be who we think it is. I can't wait for the script next week. It should be amazing.

So it seems the script confirmed this :)

Now I wonder what the hell he was doing there for the past year!

SupremeCream I have so much respect for what you do and your professionalism! I can't believe I've been following you since the beginning of The Friendly Winter! Keep it up :)

Woah... was that Yongbi sitting there saying goodbye to Ryong?!

The official translation on line webtoons is so low tier. When i re-read something like Noblesse there, most of the times they just "translate" the words rather than capture and sending the whole context and meaning to english reader, which is the point of translation.

For example in some conversation they call Rai just Raizel as opposed to Raizel-nim like in fan-translated(which show the respect the other char for Rai) which disturb me. There's couple more small or not so small "lost in translation" error that lessened my passion of reading officially translated webtoon. Hopefully in future Line get better translator and editor, though i highly doubt it.

That's not the complete translation is it?

another bites the dust.....lame. 

Well thank you http://www.webtoons.com/en/for screwing us over big time now we have to wait like 8 months or more to pick the series back up

And even then, the translation quality is piss poor compared to what we've been getting from Supreme Cream. Not to mention the redraws. I mean c'mon, those redraws were professional! Now we have to wait for an inferior version to eventually catch up.

As a Korean, even I think that it would be better for Supreme Cream to simply ignore Naver. No matter how immoral that may be.

Well thank you http://www.webtoons.com/en/for screwing us over big time now we have to wait like 8 months or more to pick the series back up

Great. Now I'm gonna have to learn Korean.

who are Goo Hwi,YBb and HYM?

Goo whi and Ybb(Yongbi) and HYM(Hong Yemong) are the main characters in the prequel series Yongbi.

who are Goo Hwi,YBb and HYM?

It's up to us to finish the strip! I'll donate 8 figures:

stock-vector-stick-figure-positions-set-

Thank you SCS, your translations were awesome. See you on the other side pleasingly plump bro.

OMG I saw the raws!!

Is that who I think it is?????!!! EPIC

I just saw the raws too. I think you are right. That should be who we think it is. I can't wait for the script next week. It should be amazing.

This is very gracious of SCS...Thank you all very much.

Not sure this kind of deceit is all that good for that old woman, even if knowing the truth might cause her health to decline even further..But god forbid someone else came along and actually revealed the real contents of that letter.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics