Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 88votes)

Saijou no Meii

Alt Names: alt 顶尖神医alt Saijo no Meiialt The Best Skilled Surgeonalt 最上の命医
Author: Hashiguchi Takashi & Irie Kenzou
Artist: Hashiguchi Takashi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMedical MedicalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Saijou Mikoto was born with a bad heart. It was thanks to the incredible skills of Japanese leading pediatric heart surgeon, Shindou Mamoru, that he survived into adolescence, and he's decided to show his gratitude by becoming the greatest pediatric surgeon the world has ever known.
Go to Saijou no Meii Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Staff Recruitments to get this manga rolling New Window shougei
  • 2 Replies
Topic Saijou no Meii's Scanlation New Window Derek
  • 4 Replies
Topic Someone wanna pick this up ? New Window ello
  • 2 Replies

106 Comments

HAHAHAHA CHAP 44.5 WAS HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAH =))))) 

Finally updated again!

Thank you for this brilliant updates! :awesome:

thanks for another wonderful chapter. Awaiting more chapters.*-* 

ch42: sena, u dun f*cked up, gurl.

ch41: cool that the president dude actually seems like a decent guy, unlike the creepy professor in Team Medical Dragon.

Thanks so much for the recent releases!

(i propose that some of us readers should comment enough to push the scanlation debates past the first page? honestly, i don't mind having two versions of a chapter.)

Thank you for the update! This series is always a pleasure to read.

Just in case you've forgotten, let me remind you that the previous scanlator was 1|2 Scans and not you. But then again, since we seem to stand firm on each our grounds, let's end this pointless debate here. Dragging this any further won't do any of us any good but spamming the comment page. Let's just go our own respective ways and do what we see fit, whatever that is. The last decisions are in the readers' hands.

Sorry to say this, but no one's gonna check your blog. I posted the same thing (staff recruitment for this series) on our site for like half a year but with no avail. I've even secured a joint but we're still short in hands, that's why I started a thread here WHERE everyone can see and read.

I don't know many scanlators who regularly check Batoto forums about groups' project status, since that's not typically a reliable place to look (for the same reason that it isn't on other manga aggregator sites).

Know where project status can very easily be found? Hint: Derek already said it--on the website belonging to the scan group in question. It isn't a logical leap to assume that everyone knows that this is an option, especially those using Batoto. And echoing Derek once again, you don't even have to search the news posts on most sites (or our own) to find said status. It's in a stickied post at the top of the front page, in our case. Lots of groups even have active IRC channels (another thing we do).

Edit: Guys, put your quotes into spoiler tags if they're longer than 4 lines. Most of the mods hate it when you don't do that.

Sorry to say this, but no one's gonna check your blog. I posted the same thing (staff recruitment for this series) on our site for like half a year but with no avail. I've even secured a joint but we're still short in hands, that's why I started a thread here WHERE everyone can see and read. And the result came pretty quick (it took no longer than 2 weeks). I don't mean to judge you, but see the difference in effort we took to get this manga going. Don't you see that even your readers don't know you're still continuing it? I read it, and I appreciate your work, but I've been waiting for god knows how long for an update. Groups kept coming and going, passing this manga around like a ball. We readers don't expect much from scanlators but a regular release. Or at least, tell us you're still on it WHERE we could see.

Anyhow, it was all in the past, and what's done is done. We've got all the hands needed for this manga and we'll continue it. Feel free to do what your conscious mind's telling you, though my suggestion is for you to stop, since it's a waste of time and energy (you don't even read or care about it, and you don't have a regular translator).

Pardon me if any of my words are hurting you, but I'm just stating a matter of fact. At last, thank you for your hard work up until now.

No one's going to check the site of a previous scanlator group for a manga? That makes absolutely zero sense. That's exactly what group(s) looking to pick up manga should do, that's the first thing you should do. There have been quite a handful of groups and people who do actually check the site and the latest project statuses post for manga, and have contacted me about some, which has resulted in a joint on one series and others helping us with other manga. There's no reason you or others couldn't have either.

I have no intention of dropping it. We paid and got scanned 2 volumes of the manga, and will be doing them, and will be buying the last 4 volumes to get scanned and finish up as well.

Not sure why it seems like this release of chapter 38 was completely out of left field to you. I've been talking about our continuation of Saijou no Meii very regularly on Renzokusei since chapter 34's release. I have a post on the top of the site that is there for everyone to see that includes the latest update for every single series we do. There's a gadget on the side of the site that lists everything we're currently working on and a vague time frame in when we plan on releasing it. We've repeatedly stated that we never drop manga, our group name literally means "continuity". Our about page explicitly says that we are more than welcome to joint projects, and has always said so. I don't do these things simply for the readers who are looking forward to the releases, but for other groups as well, who are looking at possibly picking series up.

As far as the delay goes between chapters 34 and 38, there are two reasons for it; the first being that once we released 34 we had no usable raws for 35. All the public raws available at the time were too small to translate off of and too small to use for editing. So we had to wait quite some time until I had the extra money or got enough from donations to buy volumes. Eventually we did, and they got scanned. Then I had to poke roan enough to get him to translate the chapter. We decided on doing chapter 38 because we wanted to get something out that was brand new to the readers at the time, and eventually go back to fill the gap between 34 and 38. It just so happens that you released chapter 38 before I was able to finish up the last of the redraws.

I'm not claiming stake in the series, nor have I ever, it's not ours, so we can't even if I wanted to. And personally, I don't even read the manga. It's not what I usually read, though I don't think it's bad. But 2 years ago we said were going to pick up this manga and finish it, and we will. We're not the most consistent releasing some series, but that's why we're always recruiting and looking for help, albeit most of the time to no avail.

Sorry to say this, but no one's gonna check your blog. I posted the same thing (staff recruitment for this series) on our site for like half a year but with no avail. I've even secured a joint but we're still short in hands, that's why I started a thread here WHERE everyone can see and read. And the result came pretty quick (it took no longer than 2 weeks). I don't mean to judge you, but see the difference in effort we took to get this manga going. Don't you see that even your readers don't know you're still continuing it? I read it, and I appreciate your work, but I've been waiting for god knows how long for an update. Groups kept coming and going, passing this manga around like a ball. We readers don't expect much from scanlators but a regular release. Or at least, tell us you're still on it WHERE we could see.

Anyhow, it was all in the past, and what's done is done. We've got all the hands needed for this manga and we'll continue it. Feel free to do what your conscious mind's telling you, though my suggestion is for you to stop, since it's a waste of time and energy (you don't even read or care about it, and you don't have a regular translator).

Pardon me if any of my words are hurting you, but I'm just stating a matter of fact. At last, thank you for your hard work up until now.

Not sure why it seems like this release of chapter 38 was completely out of left field to you. I've been talking about our continuation of Saijou no Meii very regularly on Renzokusei since chapter 34's release. I have a post on the top of the site that is there for everyone to see that includes the latest update for every single series we do. There's a gadget on the side of the site that lists everything we're currently working on and a vague time frame in when we plan on releasing it. We've repeatedly stated that we never drop manga, our group name literally means "continuity". Our about page explicitly says that we are more than welcome to joint projects, and has always said so. I don't do these things simply for the readers who are looking forward to the releases, but for other groups as well, who are looking at possibly picking series up.

As far as the delay goes between chapters 34 and 38, there are two reasons for it; the first being that once we released 34 we had no usable raws for 35. All the public raws available at the time were too small to translate off of and too small to use for editing. So we had to wait quite some time until I had the extra money or got enough from donations to buy volumes. Eventually we did, and they got scanned. Then I had to poke roan enough to get him to translate the chapter. We decided on doing chapter 38 because we wanted to get something out that was brand new to the readers at the time, and eventually go back to fill the gap between 34 and 38. It just so happens that you released chapter 38 before I was able to finish up the last of the redraws.

I'm not claiming stake in the series, nor have I ever, it's not ours, so we can't even if I wanted to. And personally, I don't even read the manga. It's not what I usually read, though I don't think it's bad. But 2 years ago we said were going to pick up this manga and finish it, and we will. We're not the most consistent releasing some series, but that's why we're always recruiting and looking for help, albeit most of the time to no avail.

So someone just applied for the redrawer position, and there it goes. The positions are all filled, so thank you for all those that are contributing.

Geez man, maybe you should ask for your money back.

...oh wait.

Scanlating is a hobby. We'll pursue that hobby the way we want, thank you very much. It's hard enough actually getting the hands needed to work on a project--I wasn't aware that someone had slipped in a rule requiring a warning before a release too.

At any rate, this had been in the works for a while, but there were a number of issues delaying the whole operation. Long story short: we wanted to do it, so deal with it. You're not suffering for it.

I don't know what held you guys back before WE released it, but as far I see, the staff you use for chapter 38 was exactly the same with your previous release, except Derek jumps in to cover the staff shortage. Which confuse me, why now of all other time? You have your translator all along, and your cleaner can cover your staff shortage. So why, when another group took over the project you stayed silent and raise your protest now? And what does the meaning behind mentioning us making it sounds like we're sabotaging what your project? So what about 35 -37? If you guys really have them under your hands, why didn't you release those before 38? Please do a favor to enlighten me.

Cutting things short, we don't wish for any fights among scanlators since we're all doing this out of hobbies. We've got things going for the whole volume 5 so it's impossible for us to cancel the project completely (I don't want to waste our staff's hard work). The redrawer position is still open, you guys can take it or leave it. We can even have your translator co-operating with ours. But whatever the turn out, we're going to keep releasing,

I know I might sound selfish to our dear readers, but please understand this (the feel of having your work going to waste is terribly disappointing). You guys can choose whichever you like to read and leave the other. Or you might as well appreciate both work. They're all up to you, readers.

...oh wait.

Scanlating is a hobby. We'll pursue that hobby the way we want, thank you very much. It's hard enough actually getting the hands needed to work on a project--I wasn't aware that someone had slipped in a rule requiring a warning before a release too.

At any rate, this had been in the works for a while, but there were a number of issues delaying the whole operation. Long story short: we wanted to do it, so deal with it. You're not suffering for it.

Thats okay, when I donated to Renzokusei well over a year ago it was simply because I'm happy to give to the manga community.

On the other hand your right, it is hard getting the hands to work on a project, thats basically my point. Which is why when Shougei made a topic looking for people to start scanlating it would be nice if you contact him and let him know your still working on it.

But to be fair, its not like your group is checking every forum twice a week, that would be unreasonable. But what was the point of releasing chapter 38 today then? It certainly seems like they are trying to stake a claim in the series, on Renzokusei's blog Derek even mentions that hes willing to do joint work but there needs to be communication. But that communication can't be expected from Blast since they had no idea Renzoku would be working on this series. So, Yes its a hobby, it certainly is up to you what you do with your time, just know the people who suffer are Saijoi no Meii readers if blast moves on and Renzokusei fumbles again.

And just about your quip about a requiring a warning before a release. I'm neither suggesting there is a rule or even necessarily a precedent, that doesn't mean that 2 minutes writing a post wouldn't have saved Shougei the time and effort he put in assembling the hands for the project, like you said, its actually hard enough getting the hands, 2 minutes was the difference.

But pursue your hobby anyway you like, thats your freedom, everyone else will of course deal with it if you choose to pick up and drop random series all over creating confusion, and potentially wasting other groups time. But I atleast would appreciate it if the groups scanlating went above their call of duty and put minimal effort into coordination with other groups.

Its been almost 2 years since your one release, almost a year since your post about finally starting. Another group posts its looking for people, gets the people, releases it first update, and then you just release the same chapter over them? Geez man, if your group is going to actually start scanlating then make a post a few weeks before the release, now we have two groups working on one manga.

...oh wait.

Will be going back and doing 35-37, the idea was to release a new chapter when 38 was translated, but then Blast decided to do 38, so yeah... Anyway, more to come soon enough, for real now yay.

Its been almost 2 years since your one release, almost a year since your post about finally starting. Another group posts its looking for people, gets the people, releases it first update, and then you just release the same chapter over them? Geez man, if your group is going to actually start scanlating then make a post a few weeks before the release, now we have two groups working on one manga.

the boy reminds me of Tarrare but not to that extremity.

Will be going back and doing 35-37, the idea was to release a new chapter when 38 was translated, but then Blast decided to do 38, so yeah... Anyway, more to come soon enough, for real now yay.

Thanks, BlastComicScans, for a new chapter of a really enjoyable manga.  It's a nice story about integrity, and about one person influencing others for the better in what seems to them to be a dog-eat-dog world.  Good work!

An update!

Hallelujah!

Thank you BlastComic Scans for re-reviving this!

Someone picked this up?? i'm so happy ... :batoto_004:

It's like a Japanese Doogie Howser!

Another great find!

I guess its time to reread this series :D thanks for scanlating :DD

omg

thx, 1|2 Scans and hoxyho!

AWESOME, Saijou no Meii is active again!

Thanks a lot, 1|2 Scans and hoxyho!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics