Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 297votes)

Gleipnir

Alt Names: alt グレイプニルalt 被束縛的芬尼爾alt 被束缚的芬尼尔
Author: Takeda Sun
Artist: Takeda Sun
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shuichi Kagaya isn't human. He has an unnatural sense of smell, and can transform into an incredibly powerful beast... of sorts. He does all he can to avoid standing out and being discovered, but no good deed goes unpunished, and his decision to use his power to save a girl spells the end for his quiet life.
Go to Gleipnir Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Vol 3 Ch 15 Discussion New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic TFW you wish 2 manga series were somehow connected New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

548 Comments

I just realised that this series is a lot more popular than I thought. Granted it has been a while since I read it, but it was still a fun little surprise to see that people are enjoying the manga so much.

It is delay of chapter or translation?..

Jag announced he's dropping the translation because he doesn't like the series anymore. Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To is also being dropped.

It is delay of chapter or translation?..
Where's the update??

Spoiler

looks like someone will get pissed

Spoiler

And with that, I can safely say that you've probably given more thought about this manga's plot than the author ever has.

Hmm, just read the whole thing and, I may be making a lot of assumptions, but I feel like that kid has a lot of depth to him.  

Spoiler

On the topic of mythology, I don't know if he would personally be Glepneir, the chains that held Fenrir, or if he's Fenrir himself.  If so, I don't know if he's breaking the chains around himself, one by one, to eventually devolve into a true monster, or to merge with something using the 2nd tier of his ability and possibly create the true monster.  One thing I am certain of, that trickster Alien lied, and he's our Loki, and there's our Ragnarok right there, coming down the pipeline.  Their trip wasn't to burn time until their world restored itself and they aren't on their way back.  They ruined their world, and they intend to take another one, once those coins are collected.  Earth is the target.  I'm not sure if I should regard Claire's sister as Jormungand and Claire as Thor, and expect a double KO in their final fight.  Given that many manga can rarely land the hard hits when they matter, and kill off the characters that it really hurts to kill, for the sake of a good narrative.

Wow I kind of expected Shunichi to be fucked up real bad and the girl to be dead or something, but I don't really mind the outcome much to be honest. I'd prefer them both to live. What I'm interested in though is what our in-denial main character's special power is.

Spoiler

And in yet a different appendage, the whole thing is a cheap get out of jail card and game breaker. What I take out of last chapter and this one is that while there's someone in the suit they're for all terms and purposes, indestructible and immortal, unless the fused form is killed, but that seems unlikely.

honestly, i would have liked to see then both fused for good after that. or at least like they have a bit of each others hair. like, this type of shit should have some permanent consequences 

I estimate that the author can only pull something like this once more before all threats of death become meaningless. I cried when Goku died the first time damnit give me back my feelings!

The trackstar is still buried in a ditch...

Regardless I'm okay with this, she was too sweet and innocent to be killed so mercilessly. 

Also I'm okay with this being NTR, I don't really care for claire, too crazy. Now if eyebrows was winning, I'd be a little more upset. But atomic dog is a solid candidate.  

Wow ... Shuichi

Spoiler

Way to Go?

Does this count was NTR?

Gleipnir, GIVE ME BACK MY TEARS~!

How can they plot-deus-ex-machina her out to be alive... WHY WHY WHY~!?!

Shuichi and cat-girl pretty much merged into one, saving both of their lives, for the duration of it, and I would guess Claire's sis had something to patch them up, maybe another potion.

Plot twist, Shuichi power also include the ability to absorb the abilities of people that was killed while inside him. :P

What if... What if their bodies fused right now?!..
Spoiler

Edit: Oh, wait, it can't possibly be, Shiuchi's (suit) body is outside, right. I'm dumb...

SHE'S ALIVE? Did not expect that. Little disappointed, to be honest.

Anyway, if I was to guess, and I am, I'd say the restoration of these two is tied to the second coin that was used to repair Suit Boy's head, I really doubt that he could have done this before he got it. 

Seems reasonable that the coin didn't just repair his decapitated head, and gave him a permanent additional ability instead. Since it was used to fix himself, it seems likely that he now has some sort of regeneration. It probably normally works through the transformation mechanic. Whenever he transforms into human, he fixes all damage. 

If you say that damage repairs during transformations, then transforming into wolf girl fixed both of them. This means that the suit has 3 transformations. Normal mode, suit mode, and merged mode.

I kinda agree with your theory. If it's like you say I hope tho that these trasformations and regenerations require some price or heavy toll. If he begins to "merge" willi nilly this will turn into Dragon Ball.

Our neko is alive 

\(^▽^)/

SHE'S ALIVE? Did not expect that. Little disappointed, to be honest.

Anyway, if I was to guess, and I am, I'd say the restoration of these two is tied to the second coin that was used to repair Suit Boy's head, I really doubt that he could have done this before he got it. 

Seems reasonable that the coin didn't just repair his decapitated head, and gave him a permanent additional ability instead. Since it was used to fix himself, it seems likely that he now has some sort of regeneration. It probably normally works through the transformation mechanic. Whenever he transforms into human, he fixes all damage. 

If you say that damage repairs during transformations, then transforming into wolf girl fixed both of them. This means that the suit has 3 transformations. Normal mode, suit mode, and merged mode.

Godlike Furry powers?!

Given the level of the other characters this is the only way for the manga not to finish in a couple of chapters

Which is understandable, really.

Plus, we also have to take into consideration that maybe Shuichi's power came from the wish both flashback-Shuichi and Claire's Sister came up together, so it's kinda acceptable that Shuichi's power is definitely more than meets the eye and have some cheat feature like this. :P

Ok show of hands, who else is surprised that the kid is intact right now?

I can roll with this. He survived getting his head ripped off while in mascot form, maybe he transfers that property to anyone who is inside him, or maybe this is a unique thing that occurs after a fusion. Plus we still don't know if she's actually alive or just intact, and if her mental state will be sound after having experienced her own death.

Given the level of the other characters this is the only way for the manga not to finish in a couple of chapters

Of course they have a right to complain. They're not the ones breaking the established rule. The people dropping spoilers without spoiler tags are the ones that have no right to complain when a thread is nuked.

Every time you make a comment, you have to agree to follow the comment section guidelines. A guideline which, I might add, clearly states what kind of comments require spoilers. I certainly wouldn't expect to have a right to protest if I ever explicitly broke such a clearly written guideline, so why should you guys? 

The only time I would blame the person being spoiled for being spoiled is when they deliberately open a spoiler tag that is accompanied by spoiler warnings.

No, they still have no right to complain. It's like someone came at barbecue party and then tries hard to avoid getting the vegetables but complain anyway when they get it. They can complain, but their complaints are vain.

Like i said, people are seriously naive if they think everyone on the freaking internet obey the comment section guidelines at heart. Plus, spoilers regarding latest uploaded chapters are grey case anyway.

I estimate that the author can only pull something like this once more before all threats of death become meaningless. I cried when Goku died the first time damnit give me back my feelings!

While i agree such in-depth discussions should have been made on forums instead of comment section, is it really necessary to hide in spoilers people's opinions and speculations of the current/already translated chapter?

I mean, aren't that what people usually comments about? And from what i see, there are like only 3 comments here that are discussing plot informations, starting from lejdcool's comment.

Being perfectly honest, people just don't use the forum sections for manga even though it (arguably) provides better readability for conversation chains. But even with that most people just use the comment sections because it's already here and gets the main traffic. You could make a thread and advertise it being a chapter discussion, it's worth a shot instead of just arguing in the comment section.

Hrmmmmmmmm.

Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I dislike that she's alive because as is regularly the case when you do fake-outs for deaths it feels like a betrayal of the reader's emotional response to the death when it occurred. There are times when a death reversal can be emotionally engaging for a reader such as if it is a tremendous relief or the character is beloved and comes back in a bad-ass way or whatnot so a death reversal isn't always bad. But the reader needs to be invested in the person or the way they survive needs to not insult the reader's intelligence. As is always the case, an event can have a good outcome if it is well written. If it makes sense or is done properly. Now, we've seen that the author does not shy away from death so there isn't a real expectation that this is going to happen all the time so I think that worry is a little unfounded.

On the other hand, I liked her as a character and was curious how she would develop and how her interactions would pan out. Her death was sudden and graphically brutal so to be frank it was pretty startling and effective. It was one of the few times a type of death like that worked for me, as I normally am not a fan of the Walking Dead style of "Hey, this character suddenly died in a random way ISN'T THAT SO REAL AND SUDDEN" because I'm reading a manga/book/whatever so I want a person's death in my narratives to mean something other than "well anyone can die at any time, SHOCKING" There are effective ways of writing this but honestly it is FUCKING HARD to write that kind of death and not have the reader feel cheated in some way. In this instance, the reader can feel not cheated because the character survived and thus we can have proper exploration and character depth. So the small flash I got of her made me like her and think she could bring something interesting to the manga and thus I could be okay with her surviving.

On another other hand, this raises a number of interesting questions about his power. That could make for some unique exploration of his character and what the sister actually wished for or how it was enacted. Could make for more interesting parts of the manga.

On yet another hand, where did all these extra hands comes from?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics