Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.23 - 183votes)

Ultimate Antihero

Alt Names: alt アルティメット・アンチヒーロー
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Uonuma Yuu
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Adapted from the light novel series of the same name.

When humanity was threatened 5 years ago, the boy who saved the world was driven to despair and became regarded as the enemy of all of mankind. And now a new crisis approaches humanity. The curtain rises on a gallant drama about a hero falsely charged.
Go to Ultimate Antihero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

159 Comments

the mangaka can draw good faces, but he sucks at drawing actions he's better off doing VN adaptation instead of LN if u ask me

I have no clue on what the fuck is going on.

Geez I didn't expect much based on title and description but when chapter 0 has the super stupid "cease all resistance because of hostage even if there is no way that would help the hostage instead of just adding another victim" trope my expectations are lowered even further.

Edit: And she is a super high ranked mage with a ranged ability which includes great accuracy? Why exactly did she not shot the orc? Was the MC making an entrance where he saves them so necessary that she had to fail at a simple hostage scenario but also not important enough to invest the time in a less stupid scenario he could solve?

"adapted from the light novel series of the same name" <--- that pretty much explain everything.

chglq.jpg

@kobester11

Lol thanks for the thumbnails.

Uhh.. seriously?

What happened to the size of the pages? So tiny

Geez I didn't expect much based on title and description but when chapter 0 has the super stupid "cease all resistance because of hostage even if there is no way that would help the hostage instead of just adding another victim" trope my expectations are lowered even further.

Edit: And she is a super high ranked mage with a ranged ability which includes great accuracy? Why exactly did she not shot the orc? Was the MC making an entrance where he saves them so necessary that she had to fail at a simple hostage scenario but also not important enough to invest the time in a less stupid scenario he could solve?

That's right! China will paint Japan with a mountain of corpses and rivers of blood! Damn savages!

Btw for you guys who are like 'bah this is generic', this novel was written in 2014. 2012-2014 is when antihero stuff were picking up, and as the comments below mentioned, an antihero is not a conventional hero, but technically is still categorized as a hero, often masquerading as a villain. The webnovel overlord and shield hero are examples among numerous ones written in those years. The murabito manga is another one.

Except this MC isn't an antihero in any way, shape, or form.

Btw for you guys who are like 'bah this is generic', this novel was written in 2014. 2012-2014 is when antihero stuff were picking up, and as the comments below mentioned, an antihero is not a conventional hero, but technically is still categorized as a hero, often masquerading as a villain. The webnovel overlord and shield hero are examples among numerous ones written in those years. The murabito manga is another one.

Spoiler
even right now, there is a ridiculous amount of antihero webnovels that floods ncode. There's a lot more junk than this there, and some gems.

Wolverine dates back to the '70s.

If American comics don't count, Akagi dates back to 1992 and is still ongoing.

This story is generic as fuck.

Is the battalion/platoon 101 a special unit? I remember seeing this number in a some other mangas (such as Mahouka). Or it is just coincidental?

101 usually means basic, or introductory, it comes from how college introductory classes in colleges are always labeled as 100 or 101 (college classes are numbered, so it's easier to refer to since a lot of the names can be easily mixed up). A class labeled 101 would mean that they are either freshmen or under special needs because they are still doing the basics. 

In Mahouka, the 101 most likely refers to "first", as just like 101 classes are the first classes you take, the 101 batallion was the first magic battalion that was formed. 

You can just search it up on wikipedia for the other uses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_(number),but those aren't as relevant.

Is the battalion/platoon 101 a special unit? I remember seeing this number in a some other mangas (such as Mahouka). Or it is just coincidental?

# 101 or F class or Z class usually refer to "dead-last" or "problemic people"

then there's 101 or S class, which refers to "special" or "top ranked".

101 is usually just a number to be used, like 35, 76, 007, etc etc.

Other numbers includes 4 (Death), 8 (Lucky), 9 (Torture) 13 (Unlucky)

tho 101 can also mean "crazed"

Spoiler
even right now, there is a ridiculous amount of antihero webnovels that floods ncode. There's a lot more junk than this there, and some gems.

Uhhh "An antihero or antiheroine is a protagonist who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality."

Oh wow, you're right. Sorry, my bad - didn't know about antihero being an actual technical term in literature and the history behind it. I read it more literally, and went from there.

you know. so far, i've yet to see any anti-hero stuff going on. the dude has only been acting as a hero. helping people because he can, can't help but help people. these things are the very definition of 'hero', an anti-hero is someone who's forced to do these things against his will. such as a farmer who's called upon to kill a dragon even though he only wants to farm.

From what I could see he's a hero, and yet he's a "traitor"(Hypocrisy at it's finest. Demons are "always" evil, so someone who uses them is evil too?).

Being a traitor hero, he's an antihero(because while being an evil traitor, he's going to save everyone in the end).

This is what the title is all about, it's how people see him, not what he trully is.

The title is being roundabout instead of going straight, well they usually follow this pattern so I don't get why you've been thinking so hard.

p.s.:I don't know about you, but i use Caps Lock to give emphasis and highlight, and use quotation marks to leave a certain doubt, ambiguity, hidden meaning, and so on.

If this is what people normally do, then just forget I wrote this. But I usually get misunderstood in my comments, so I end up boring people with explanations such as this.

The opposite of a protagonist (i.e. "hero") is an antagonist (i.e. "villain") but the title is not referring to the literal meaning of anti-hero. It's rather a reference to the fact that he's the hero who's hated in the eyes of the people.

Uhhh "An antihero or antiheroine is a protagonist who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality."

I honestly think it's impressive that the author managed to write a story so generic, and so poorly, that this comment is the closest thing I've seen to a positive comment on this page.
It's probably the attitude of using the enemy power to defeat the enemy or such.
Hero"Maou, grant me your power to defeat you"
Maou: OK
villagers "Huh!!??"

In what way is this guy an antihero? All I've seen him do is help people.

I don't know why but this chapter is really annoying to me. 

......boring.. so good bye
Jesus. It's so... generic.

The opposite of a protagonist (i.e. "hero") is an antagonist (i.e. "villain") but the title is not referring to the literal meaning of anti-hero. It's rather a reference to the fact that he's the hero who's hated in the eyes of the people.

Since when was being loved by the people a requirement for being a hero?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics