Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 133votes)

The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want to Cheat

Alt Names: alt 転生者はチートを望まないalt Tenseisha wa Cheat o Nozomanaialt Tenseisha wa Cheat wo Nozomanai
Author: Natsuki Aoi
Artist: Funatsu Wase
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasySchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mira peacefully resided in a magical world until a blow to the head caused her to partially remember her previous life in Japan.

The protagonists in reincarnation stories always end up having to deal with trouble, which is the last thing she wants. Alas what awaited her was the selection exam for a magic academy and naturally(?) her special cheat ability was discovered then.

A fantastical tale of a reincarnated girl who doesn't want any cheats.

https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/535000093
Go to The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want to Cheat Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel? New Window scepterofice
  • 2 Replies
Topic interesting read so far New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies

210 Comments

SyLphy

UnDine

Salamander

Gnome

Now I wonder if she pronounces Lphy as a certain pirate-king-to-be.

I have a feeling that when the adults find out they're gonna react like this:

onepiecejawdrop.jpg

someone has been playing monmusu quest in her past life...

I enjoyed this manga! Thank you for the updates! 

Wow, that was fast.

Kudos to /ak/.

Random Comment:

I wish to be reincarnated as a cute loli too with a cheat. I love cheats, cheats are so fun. *giggles*

I always wondered how it's like to be a loli...

(PS: this loli doesn't really have a cheat... since her power isn't unique)

(But her "real cheat" is that she's a cute Loli)

(unless of course... her Japanese Life isn't really what she thinks and she used to be a fatso male nerd...)

Edit: what do you know... the night after I read this series, I had a dream where I was a loli... felt funny...

Also, I am not a fatso male nerd.

I disregard the summary, I read the manga. She clearly claims she wants a simple life, yet she pushes herself towards the role of a hero. It's like the author went: "whoops! I actually wan to do something completely different!"

And regarding the history....You're not wrong, but at the same time: so what?
Our world also has rich history, but I don't see anyone learning about WW1 unless someone forces them to. People tend to learn things which they are either interested in, or is useful for them.

If the MC truly did not want anything to do with being a hero, she'd just go "lalalala" every time something grand would pop up in the story. She'd severely reject any claims that she's above average and resign herself to a simple life.
But that doesn't happen.
This doesn't mean the story is not amusing anymore, but it does lose points for going against its hook so quickly. It reminds me the webnovel "My disciple died yet again", and the said disciple only dies after 2 volumes.

It's sad how many times authors use hooks falsely. If the author wanted an adventure story, he could just do that. No need to lie to us.
It's very possible I'm over-reacting on this, and the next few chapters are very mellow and calm, but the foreshadowing is already set. The structure itself is iffy.
Welp, I'll just focus on the cute things, and ignore anything else. It's not like I came here for a story anyway.

I don't understand what your problem is. Specifically, the last two sentence made me go "huh?". How did this author throw "false hooks"? And if you didn't come here for the story( wait.... what??? I mean you mainly read stuff because of the story, no?) Did you expects some little kids doing some cute and fluffy stuff together surrounded by magic? The tags says adventure. I knew what I was getting here, so how about saying "No need to lie to me." instead of "No need to lie to us."

Looking at the comments, I think you are the only one here who confused this with some trivial pure fluff. Besides, because this story did not comply with your expectations, the author lied? Just.....what? Do I take you too literally?

And also 

Our world also has rich history, but I don't see anyone learning about WW1 unless someone forces them to. People tend to learn things which they are either interested in, or is useful for them.

giphy.gif

what =_= ? So, let's say you didn't liked math and English back in school, you just ignored it and got away with? When you are in school you have to study all kinds off stuff you might not be interested in. And I don't even have to elaborate how important it is to study it properly nonetheless? Or the fact that we are talking about 6-8 year old children ->Isn't that the age were kids get send - world wide - to elementary school and the first thing they do is to learn how to read and write?

They were obviously given a mandatory history lesson. They are students of magic, headed for the capital. Basic national history knowledge and knowing how to read and write is a must. In fact it is a must in our world, too. It also helps to establish the historic background and setting of this world to the reader. Bonus fact : WW1 is a mandatory history subject here in Germany and - I think in most parts of Europe, too. Also some people enjoy that subject and learn about it on their own ( Anyone interested in Gunka no Baltzar?) .

I know the last part was a bit nitpicking on my part and I get what you were trying to say. But let's just say, WW1 was a not a good example :P.

He's blushing because she's staring at him. The way these panels are read is from right to left and top to bottom. The top (first) bubble here goes with the (first) person on the right and the "next" bubble goes with the "next" person in order in the panel. Also, considering that Gai is a typically oblivious boy of his age while the girl has memories and wisdom literally beyond her years, while being from a culture (Japanese) that has the idea of "childhood friends become romantic" embedded in it, it's pretty likely she's the one remarking on the relationship.

I think it's the other way around. Gai's been the one doing the talking throughout that page (with the wizard) so it's safe to assume that all bubbles before the "What?" are attributed to him.

Plus, it's exactly because Mira has memories of the past that she's not interested in Gai, she sees him more of a kid than anything else compared to say, how she feels when she's with le suave earth spirit bro.

Gai's blushing.  It's pretty obvious he's not the one being oblivious.

He's blushing because she's staring at him. The way these panels are read is from right to left and top to bottom. The top (first) bubble here goes with the (first) person on the right and the "next" bubble goes with the "next" person in order in the panel. Also, considering that Gai is a typically oblivious boy of his age while the girl has memories and wisdom literally beyond her years, while being from a culture (Japanese) that has the idea of "childhood friends become romantic" embedded in it, it's pretty likely she's the one remarking on the relationship.

I like this

From what I've read from WN/LN it's as shoujo as it gets.

Though not exactly romantic one.

sorry in advance for double post.

I'm surprised ya'll care about the actual "story" here. I thought we were here just to get some dose of cuteness and call it a day.
(I mean, the MC herself does not even want to be a Hero. So why should we learn anything about former heroes and great powers? It has nothing to do with us, conceptually.)

I'm sometimes confused when authors do that.
They propose a certain setting, and then they do everything they can to completely destroy that setting so they can do something else. It's nothing but a cheap hook.

The nation already took her as a magic student, want or not she must learn her nation's history lesson (or at least how to write).

Are you a NEET or something ? If you are student, doesn't your school teaching your nation's history about hero (of war) in the past  even you NEVER NEED IT in everyday life? Don't you also need to study the letter to write and read ?

Her reaction is perfect fit, can somehow relate to a countryside girl go to city that everything is new for her.

TL;DR:

I don't want to be a hero too (like about hundred millions of my nation citizens) but we still learn about former heroes (of war) and great power (military power).

I disregard the summary, I read the manga. She clearly claims she wants a simple life, yet she pushes herself towards the role of a hero. It's like the author went: "whoops! I actually wan to do something completely different!"

If the MC truly did not want anything to do with being a hero, she'd just go "lalalala" every time something grand would pop up in the story. She'd severely reject any claims that she's above average and resign herself to a simple life.
But that doesn't happen.
This doesn't mean the story is not amusing anymore, but it does lose points for going against its hook so quickly. It reminds me the webnovel "My disciple died yet again", and the said disciple only dies after 2 volumes.

It's sad how many times authors use hooks falsely. If the author wanted an adventure story, he could just do that. No need to lie to us.
It's very possible I'm over-reacting on this, and the next few chapters are very mellow and calm, but the foreshadowing is already set. The structure itself is iffy.
Welp, I'll just focus on the cute things, and ignore anything else. It's not like I came here for a story anyway.

have you ever read any harem manga ?

all male Protag 90% are spineless, dense guys who ALWAYS WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE, always run away whenever possible from every event, but lesson is he ALWAYS THE CENTER OF EVENTS.

In this manga case, YES, as you just said she can just "lalala" and everyone will become the dinner of that Mana Eater, It's a "Do or Die" situation.

From what you said, are you ONLY read chapter 1 and come here to blah... blah... comment ? Because if you are read even JUST to chapter 2, you already see the Mana Eater and the life threaten situation. Or you just simple forgot ?

Regardless of the what the summary says, which you assume is the setting, it can never fully explain what the story really is because it's probably written by someone other than the author of the manga, has to be small enough to read quickly, and has to go through the editor, who naturally wants it to peak the interest of someone skimming through piles of mangas. An author is a story writer, a good story writer will have an idea and then build a world with a history to support and encompass interesting characters that evolve as the story progresses.

Not that all mangakas are good story writers but most strive to be, it's got to be difficult insanely difficult to churn out chapters that move the story forward in a positive way and meet the required poll numbers, within the monthly release deadline. 

But that doesn't happen.

So devious!

This Queen is so devious! LOL!

The poor magicians can't win!

I'm surprised ya'll care about the actual "story" here. I thought we were here just to get some dose of cuteness and call it a day.
(I mean, the MC herself does not even want to be a Hero. So why should we learn anything about former heroes and great powers? It has nothing to do with us, conceptually.)

They propose a certain setting, and then they do everything they can to completely destroy that setting so they can do something else. It's nothing but a cheap hook.

Regardless of the what the summary says, which you assume is the setting, it can never fully explain what the story really is because it's probably written by someone other than the author of the manga, has to be small enough to read quickly, and has to go through the editor, who naturally wants it to peak the interest of someone skimming through piles of mangas. An author is a story writer, a good story writer will have an idea and then build a world with a history to support and encompass interesting characters that evolve as the story progresses.

Not that all mangakas are good story writers but most strive to be, it's got to be difficult insanely difficult to churn out chapters that move the story forward in a positive way and meet the required poll numbers, within the monthly release deadline. 

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, it's Mira who mutters about childhood friends, and Gao who is responding obliviously. The panel is just constructed poorly, making it ambiguous who is saying what.

Gai's blushing.  It's pretty obvious he's not the one being oblivious.

It's not the first time I've seen an alternate-universe story call the powers that the traveler gets a "cheat". I think the title just means she doesn't want to have a cheat ability (because it means she'll be an adventurer), not that she doesn't want to cheat for moral reasons.

Yeah the title should be "The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want A Cheat" instead of "The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want To Cheat". Even the description says: A fantastical tale of a reincarnated girl who doesn't want any cheats.

What I find even more interesting: the fact that Suin (and I would presume the rest of the world who knows the story) remembers the Queen's name (to be expected) and the name of her future-husband-to-be (who also just happens to be a childhood friend, though I guess Suin remembers this detail because of Gai/Mira), but not the Hero's name.  Despite, you know, the hero sacrificing himself to seal the demon lord and ensuring peace.

Typical, obviously - who here remembers of all the people who died for the sake of peace?  Interesting nonetheless.

Or maybe with truly heroic and pure heart the hero has, he decided to never reveal his identity so people can't directly return him a favor because you know, the old saying that Heroes Does Good Deeds without Expecting Anything in Return?

It's just one of those borrowed words that doesn't have exactly the same meaning as the original English word. Like how Mansion means a one-room apartment lol...

Weird title since she is just worried about being reincarnated with powers never resulting in a peaceful life. (Well and worried about being experimented on.^^) But she doesn't seem to have any problem with using her powers.

It's not the first time I've seen an alternate-universe story call the powers that the traveler gets a "cheat". I think the title just means she doesn't want to have a cheat ability (because it means she'll be an adventurer), not that she doesn't want to cheat for moral reasons.

Weird title since she is just worried about being reincarnated with powers never resulting in a peaceful life. (Well and worried about being experimented on.^^) But she doesn't seem to have any problem with using her powers.

What I find even more interesting: the fact that Suin (and I would presume the rest of the world who knows the story) remembers the Queen's name (to be expected) and the name of her future-husband-to-be (who also just happens to be a childhood friend, though I guess Suin remembers this detail because of Gai/Mira), but not the Hero's name.  Despite, you know, the hero sacrificing himself to seal the demon lord and ensuring peace.

Typical, obviously - who here remembers of all the people who died for the sake of peace?  Interesting nonetheless.

I suspect plot twist

Spoiler

It could be the hero was mysterious. He was chosen by the Spirit King and not by humans so keeping himself known as simply The Hero could have been for the best if he was a transported person or maybe he had family.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics