Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 109votes)

Saki

Alt Names: altalt 咲 -Saki-alt 咲‐Saki‐
Author: Kobayashi Ritz
Artist: Kobayashi Ritz
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Miyanaga Saki is a high school freshman who doesn’t like mahjong. Ever since she was a child, she would lose her New Year’s gift money during her family mahjong game. If she won, her parents would be upset, and if she lost, well, she lost.

As a result, she’s learned to play in such a way that her score always remains plus/minus zero: not good enough to win, but not bad enough to lose. When we meet her, she’s being dragged to her school’s mahjong club by an old friend. How will a girl who hates mahjong, yet has become adept at the game as a result of her upbringing, survive in this environment?

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Spin-offs:

> Saki-Biyori
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-r2845 )

> Saki-Biyori - Otona no Maki
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-otona-no-maki-r2846 )

> Saki: Achiga-hen - episode of side-A
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-r2824 )

> Side Story of - Saki - Shinohayu the Dawn of Age
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/side-story-of-saki-shinohayu-the-dawn-of-age-r9683 )

> Toki
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toki-r19434 )

> Ritz
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ritz-r8860 )
Go to Saki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anybody here play Riichi Mahjong because of this manga? New Window pantsu
  • 6 Replies

383 Comments

I love Shindouji.

Needs more lewd.

It looks like that request was accepted.  :D

Though two months wait to resolve the last reservation.

Those last pages... did... did Ritz just invent a way to make non-inked pages ARTISTIC?!

She realized her rough sketches look better than normal non-inked ones?!

i want to read this one but chapter 1 - 60 is missing can someone nice enough to tell me why it's missing??sigh

Just download and watch the anime.

Needs more lewd.

I feel bad. I don't remember the girl that got the winning hand or her team or even who they played in the previous round.

i want to read this one but chapter 1 - 60 is missing can someone nice enough to tell me why it's missing??sigh

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

It's in the description.

I think Saki has said that Teru plays completely differently than how she used to play so that she couldn't give Tacos any advice on how to face Teru.

Also, its been so long that I can't remember Taco's name djey!

all i could think of what will happen in vanguard fight in final is a cooperative play of Satoha and kuro (or kuro just backing her from the sidelines with her passive skill, when satoha do all the dirty work,)

while tacos waiting from the sidelines, just like kuro on achiga's semi finals

If you think about it, it's not unlikely that Saki managed to get +-0 even if Teru went on a chain-rampage at home. Now that's scary. 

I think Saki has said that Teru plays completely differently than how she used to play so that she couldn't give Tacos any advice on how to face Teru.

Also, its been so long that I can't remember Taco's name djey!

What devilry was this? Coloured pages AND fully-inked chapter? That's impossible.

It's offset by the fact that _we're still in a match that is fundamentally irrelevant to the plot_.

Thanks for the scanlations as always, Akio, but god, could I possibly care any less about the 5th place match? No, no I could not.

What devilry was this? Coloured pages AND fully-inked chapter? That's impossible.

I think so too. Maybe later we will know what happened with Shino in the current timeline.

I also wonder, what's the usual score of the miyanagas new year mahjong match?

Since Saki can constantly get plus minus zero, then she probably in either 2nd or 3rd place. That means either Teru or one of the parent (probably the mother) usually got first place.

the question that arises is, who is the one who always lose or take 4th place?

my guest is her dad because in saki verse somehow the male is kinda suck at mahjong when compared to the girls.

Poor Saki's dad, always getting beaten by elementary girl with weird supernatural skill

If you think about it, it's not unlikely that Saki managed to get +-0 even if Teru went on a chain-rampage at home. Now that's scary. 

Holy shit the whole chapter was inked and of decent length? Are we back in 2012?

Also, is that a reference to Shino I see on page 12?

I think so too. Maybe later we will know what happened with Shino in the current timeline.

I also wonder, what's the usual score of the miyanagas new year mahjong match?

Since Saki can constantly get plus minus zero, then she probably in either 2nd or 3rd place. That means either Teru or one of the parent (probably the mother) usually got first place.

Maybe Ritz is hurt somewhere and drawing this manga in her non-dominated hands. 

Ritz, we get it, you want to write more Teru, just start a new manga already and stop bullying your editor with half-inked pages whenever she is out of the scene

Ritz, we get it, you want to write more Teru, just start a new manga already and stop bullying your editor with half-inked pages whenever she is out of the scene

Apparently the editor chained Ritz to the desk to make her finish the chapter properly, all hail lord editor.

Guess, Ritz broke the chains, knocked out her editor and ran away to continue the search of her long lost father.

We need a new Side stories titled "Saki : Shiraitodai-hen". that wasnt enough!

Agreed wholeheartedly!

I suppose last chapter zapped Ritz of all her energy.

Akio has released Ch 172 on his/her blog.!

too bad in ch 172 it wasnt fully inked.

btw,

We need a new Side stories titled "Saki : Shiraitodai-hen". that wasnt enough!

Holy shit the whole chapter was inked and of decent length? Are we back in 2012?

Also, is that a reference to Shino I see on page 12?

Apparently the editor chained Ritz to the desk to make her finish the chapter properly, all hail lord editor.

it is very amusing to belive that teru is this lured in by sweets.

Like comon teru

Pancakes?

Spoiler

Just for the sake of pointing it out, that top-right panel is kind of interesting, specifically regarding the cooldown for Teru's ability.

I really need a Shiraitodai-hen now!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics