Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

I really like the art for this, and I'm looking forward to how Ulises changes in this countryside life (that or past-war flashbacks, those would be cool +__+). Though admittedly after checking the webcomic website, I'm a bit worried :'D; 5 chapters in about three years.... I don't know how patient I can be for that ahahaha;;; It seems the next chapter is out February though, so fingers crossed (TT 7 TT)

It's funny, I could swear I just mentioned not feeding trolls.

Can someone kick this guy?

• First, don't be liar!
  • Can you read japanese?
  • What the source make you this NTR?

That guy ruined the feels bruh.

Just kick it.

Warning:

Spoiler

Can you tell your source?

What benefit would I get if I lie?

We will see kekeke

Can someone kick this guy?

• First, don't be liar!
  • Can you read japanese?
  • What the source make you this NTR?

Probably sama.

Not probably. It is sama if you check the original (look for 様 or さま).

Ahh Christ...

Another cavity. Thanks manga!

Damn smooth player... Or is it just natural airhead?

I am not crying...

OP45112.jpg

My tears just won't stop flowing from all these feels.

I definitely can't lie that my eyes were wet when reading chapter 5, these couples are just so cute and awkward  mmm...

After this chapter I need to go check my blood glucose level

I am not crying...

OP45112.jpg

My tears just won't stop flowing from all these feels.

a WHAT? you better not lying young'un... on the second thought i hope you're lying

What benefit would I get if I lie?

They're lying.  Only 5 chapters have been published.  No way of knowing what's ahead.

We will see kekeke

This is one of those I'm enjoying more and more each chapter. MC's emotional growth is going at a good clip, so I don't think it'll be super long, but I really hope they manage to keep the quality up for the run of the series. Hope they do at least a couple chapters from the wife's perspective. Love to see her side of the story more.

They're lying.  Only 5 chapters have been published.  No way of knowing what's ahead.

I LOOVE YOU!!!!

a WHAT? you better not lying young'un... on the second thought i hope you're lying

Warning:

Spoiler

Warning:

Spoiler

Wut? For real?!

Warning:

Spoiler

You know, this manga isn't reflecting 18th-19th century European society at all. It's been about traditional Japanese family values from the start. Ulises is being a rather modern dude here. Japanese wives traditionally call their husbands danna-sama, and this is accepted by society even now. Housewives today still occasionally use the term when referring to their husbands in polite conversation, especially in Japanese elite society.

Is this monthly? It's monthly isn't it? I'm sad :(

Calm down folks. They're either a troll or beyond help anyway, just ignore them.

this some boring ass patriarchal bullshit

That is the setting, yes. This story explores the emotions and lives of a couple who were subject to the standards of their society, and are going forward with their life together instead of dwelling miserably on how they got to where they are. If the story is not for you, then I suggest you seek alternatives.

Don't feed the troll pretending to be a stereotypical "SJW".

I love that it's a fish out of water from two different angles. How a man of war is suddenly thrown into peace, how a woman is thrusted upon the responsibilities of marriage, and how both are easing into their new lives together.

All is right with the world, under a sky so blue

Where's the vanilla tag? Romance tag is not enough! I demand vanilla tag!! At least give us a "This-will-give-you-diabetes" warning tag!

What honorific was she using, just san?

Probably sama.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics