Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 61votes)

nacuN

Alt Names: alt ナチュンalt Nachun
Author: Daisaku Tsuru
Artist: Daisaku Tsuru
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Near future. World-renowned mathematician/physicist Francis Dullam loses his left brain hemisphere and retires from the hard science to study dolphins. Several years later he comes up with a new thesis (which is essentially a collection of dolphin footage). As the "thesis" is being severely criticized by the media, Ishii Mitsunari (a student living in America) discovers the idea hidden there, that will help create a true Artificial Intelligence. Motivated to create the AI first, Mitsunari leaves for Okinawa, to follow the footsteps of Dullam.
Go to nacuN Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

153 Comments

You thought this was about something philosophically deep, but it was really about deep fishing! 

I thought it was about the philosophy of deep fishing.

This manga is irritating.

It makes you think that there must be something deep about everything that happens, people talk about the existence of god.... 

But the more this story advances, the more I think it's just a huge pile of bullshit.

We'll see. There's plenty of time for things to happen, we're only halfway through the series (6 volumes total). Over that sort of arc, the plot is advancing plenty fast, and the threads are starting to weave together. You can have a fun thriller that dabbles in spirituality without having any deeper meaning a la "the Da Vinci Code". 

IMO it's a fun manga depiction of magical realism that isn't playing all its cards right now, saving some for a later reveal. Weird and trippy in a way that stuff like "Going After Cacciato" or Pynchon. Of course, if you don't have a taste for stuff like that, stay away, but it's not bad, it's just a different style.

Dear author... what the fuck kind of life do you think i have? have i ever gotten the soles of my feet hit as hard as possible with a stick? hell no! and i seriously doubt other people have found themselves in that situation.

Also that mask design is really lazy.

It makes you think that there must be something deep about everything that happens, people talk about the existence of god, there's some unknown parthenogenetic race of island women, the intelligence of dolphins, AIs, living as a slave deep underwater. having a baby there or whatever...

It's all very edgy, so you *want* to think this is interesting and that there must be some deep philosophy here, or even a message about humanity or politics in the near future. You end up convincing yourself of it, because why would the author put so much intricacy and art into something trivial?

It's advertising itself as the answer to life, the universe and everything (42).

But the more this story advances, the more I think it's just a huge pile of bullshit.

You thought this was about something philosophically deep, but it was really about deep fishing! 

I guess the one in the 1st vol doesn't count?

Now hold it there a minute! i am pretty sure that the only development the maincharacter has had so far on this story was losing his virginity when he got kidnapped, now you come and say that we forgot one of the members of his harem?

It makes you think that there must be something deep about everything that happens, people talk about the existence of god, there's some unknown parthenogenetic race of island women, the intelligence of dolphins, AIs, living as a slave deep underwater. having a baby there or whatever...

It's all very edgy, so you *want* to think this is interesting and that there must be some deep philosophy here, or even a message about humanity or politics in the near future. You end up convincing yourself of it, because why would the author put so much intricacy and art into something trivial?

It's advertising itself as the answer to life, the universe and everything (42).

but if you know so clear that, why do you keep reading it? or deep down you're waiting for something big to happen? like when the guy was put to slavery

the series stopped trying to be realistic a long time ago, more than sci-fi it looks more like magic realism.

This story is so dark, so intricate, really weird, but I like it a lot

He's at his second now. The first one was that girl in the fuck barrel.

I guess the one in the 1st vol doesn't count?

Yeah totally forgot about that.

They were meant for each other, we can call them the adultery couple from now on.

Truely OTP.

Yeah totally forgot about that.

Wasn't she the one who wanted to do the young boy, so cheat on her husband?

She's no saint either.

Anyway, this has definitely been taking a turn for the weird for a while.

They were meant for each other, we can call them the adultery couple from now on.

He is just banging that one woman tho.

That said, it seems like this can easily devolve into a confirmed harem manga with him banging all the other women who have looked his way, he just has to get out of the fuck hole.

Wasn't she the one who wanted to do the young boy, so cheat on her husband?

She's no saint either.

Anyway, this has definitely been taking a turn for the weird for a while.

so trippy...

This should probably have a mature tag, shouldn't it?

Nah, let them have some surprise.

This should probably have a mature tag, shouldn't it?

If beta means "banging lots of woman while in slavery". Then, yes he is.

He is just banging that one woman tho.

That said, it seems like this can easily devolve into a confirmed harem manga with him banging all the other women who have looked his way, he just has to get out of the fuck hole.

This MC is the biggest beta on the planet... 

If beta means "banging lots of woman while in slavery". Then, yes he is.

For some strange reason i want teru and the mute to get together in the end....

With no paternal cromosome and the involvment of the church, she may very well be the daughter of God. Or wathever covers the role for God in this manga. Maybe the professor demonstrated that every interaction complex enough creates an AI, like a whole ecosistem or the entire planet, and that AI is God.

Na forget that, we now have shamans and evil spirits, this is officially a fantasy manga with a sci-fi sub-sub-sub-plot.

This always happen when authors mix slice of life and sci-fi , it is an awful combo, this is no where near as bad as Real Drive but man is it getting there, they get enthralled in the monotonous boring uninteresting shenanigans of everyday life, and leave the sci-fi as a side note, they then either forget all about it, or rush a condensed showcase for the end of the story, this one seems to be going that way but we now have magic to add to this, so at least as a saving point we get to have some action.

Someone better get to work on those tags.

So, she's the last of some alien race with esper powers, reproducing by parthenogenesis? And what about the A.I and God and the Pope and the Chinese triads and the dolphins and the half-brain guy?

I want some of what the author had. It looks like good stuff.

With no paternal cromosome and the involvment of the church, she may very well be the daughter of God. Or wathever covers the role for God in this manga. Maybe the professor demonstrated that every interaction complex enough creates an AI, like a whole ecosistem or the entire planet, and that AI is God.

So, she's the last of some alien race with esper powers, reproducing by parthenogenesis? And what about the A.I and God and the Pope and the Chinese triads and the dolphins and the half-brain guy?

I want some of what the author had. It looks like good stuff.

So more research is needed because in an isolated island with a small population everyone is kinda related, so the results are not conclusive, with that said, since magic is now a thing and the Vatican is involved, it seems that magical mute girl was born out of the grace of the holly spirit and thus it doesn't has a father ), this magical event will probably be explained by the author as a case of parthenogenesis in humans, that or seeing how she can mentally send magical messages and objects (her hair/needle), she probably can magically kidnap sperm to get herself pregnant, i mean that wouldn't even be the weirdest thing on this story and it is in line with recent events, which means that in either case it is bad news for granny since magical mute girl can give birth to the next generation without the need of the MC or Gin.

This shit is getting trippy 

The edge of Africa in Latin is Finis Africae, i.e. the secret room of the library in The Name of the Rose where Aristotle's book was hidden.

Fen, Laika and Elem, thanks as always.

Also, had a little help from Hox in his area of specialization.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics