Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 209votes)

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

Alt Names: alt ハーレム漫画の主人公だが同性愛者〈ゲイ〉なので毎日がつらいalt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Douseiaisha nano de Mainichi ga Tsuraialt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Gay nano de Mainichi ga Tsurai
Author: Ryosuke Kataoka
Artist: Ryosuke Kataoka
Genres: Comedy ComedyHarem HaremSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touge Yuugiri is the main character of a harem manga, but he's gay, so everyday is hell for him.
Go to I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Opinions New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

170 Comments

Well, this is much funnier than the oneshot. The oneshot has a nice concept, but every joke boils down to "Here's a harem trope, but I'm gay so I'm not interested".

i was until i grew some beard. all the time and everywhere i know what im talking about ^^ . you just shrug it off with humor...
edit: not with the "go away from me you disgusting being" like almost any other straight male would do...
if someone likes you, its in their right to hit on you, but you just cant go full asshole mode if you dont like them back (like in any ethero situations)
anyway if you are gay, the whole school will know it the next day you told somene
I assume they don't land with their balls on your face all the time?

Huh, how does one even come across the rough draft for some mangaka's work that's being submitted for serialization? Guess the scanlator's just really excited about this work?

He's posting the drafts to Niconico (with a self-imposed challenge that if he misses his one-per-week deadline for any of the ten drafts he's planning on making, he'll give ten people on Twitter 10,000 yen iTunes cards). He actually started like two months ago, but I only found out when another author I like retweeted it.

He doesn't really act like a gay person though. He is mearly a try hard to say the least.

Right, he doesn't speak with a lisp, isn't wearing flamboyant and eye-fuckingingly bright clothes and doesn't skip when walking. Also, he should flail his right arm a bit and use "girrrrl" when talking with other guys.

...Are you serious?

Imagine that you as a straight male were getting hit on by guys all the time. How would you feel about this situation?

i was until i grew some beard. all the time and everywhere i know what im talking about ^^ . you just shrug it off with humor...

edit: not with the "go away from me you disgusting being" like almost any other straight male would do...

if someone likes you, its in their right to hit on you, but you just cant go full asshole mode if you dont like them back (like in any ethero situations)

anyway if you are gay, the whole school will know it the next day you told somene

• Niseguy
  • Date A Man
  • Infinite Homos
  • Gay Sensei Negima
  • White Male Bum

For those who missed the reference:

Spoiler

You got me with White Male Bum lol.

He doesn't really act like a gay person though. He is mearly a try hard to say the least.

You can't be a try hard at your own sexual preference. That's not how it work, that's not how all of this work.

This chapter for some reason reminded me when I was studing to get my driving license back in the day.

All in all if author were to make every chapter an "how to avoid a standard harem trope" this series could run longer than One piece. Mc is pretty much gay saitama with hair and a different super power which helps to make it likable. MCs who are usually unfazed, yet get slightly annoyed by their own almightyness, are the shit right now.

A potential series is more than enough.

and... i dont think being gay means threat women like they are disgusting .... author must have some issue with them, sure of it. buuut he think "gay" is a nice selling word

Imagine that you as a straight male were getting hit on by guys all the time. How would you feel about this situation?

Huh, how does one even come across the rough draft for some mangaka's work that's being submitted for serialization? Guess the scanlator's just really excited about this work?

and... i dont think being gay means threat women like they are disgusting

Think before you speak.

If you were a gay man, I think you'd get sick of constant romantic attention from girls too. Incidentally, I imagine a lot of women are sick of that attention from every other guy they meet, too. That doesn't constitute misandry.

As for everything else you said...none of it makes sense. C-

we sure is this even a real manga and not some shit from some Kevin Smith wannabe mangaka  living in toronto ?

and... i dont think being gay means threat women like they are disgusting .... author must have some issue with them, sure of it. buuut he think "gay" is a nice selling word

• Niseguy
  • Date A Man
  • Infinite Homos
  • Gay Sensei Negima
  • White Male Bum

For those who missed the reference:
Spoiler

Boy Skirt.

Oh wait.

wow i literally logged in JUST to reply to this dumbass comment. being gay has nothing to do with your personality, so go take your stereotypes elsewhere

I'm just not sure if they were expecting irl gay stereotypes or shoujo manga gay stereotypes. You know the ones. Lots of roses, and chins so sharp you could sculpt marble with them.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

jRLkX4M_700wa_0.gif

Ever watch Soviet Womble? This reminded me of Cyanide.

You do realize not all gay people are a stereotype right?

wow i literally logged in JUST to reply to this dumbass comment. being gay has nothing to do with your personality, so go take your stereotypes elsewhere

Can someone be more unlucky?

Trying to put myself in his shoes, I'm imagining walking around the corner of an all boys school, except the twist is a dude in a short skirt and panties lands on my face, hairy balls and all. If something like this happened everyday, it would be absolute hell for any straight guy too.

When I saw the title of the manga, I was like WTF 

=.=

This is funny, but I can't help but feel it could have been more so if they'd used a more cutesy art style like they do in harem manga. Not for the fanservice, but for that extra layer of ridicule.

Not much of a difference between a normal harem manga other than the fact that he is openly gay and completely upfront about it to us. 

Except maybe seto no hanayome. setono9-3.jpg

This needs to be serialized.

Yes

and

Yes

This needs to be serialized.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics