Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 488votes)

Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Alt Names: alt Cara Mengawali Karir Sebagai Raja Iblis - Komikalt 魔王の始め方 THE COMICalt How to Book on the Devil - The Comicalt How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon Kingalt How to Get Started as the Demon King - The Comicalt 成为魔王的方法
Author: Warau Yakan
Artist: Komiya Toshimasa
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I do not trust humans. They’ll betray you without fail.” Aur, the man who had obtained the ability and right to become the Maou at the end of his life of research. Summoning the succubus Lilu, he then sets out on creating his own domain, a gigantic labyrinthine dungeon… The misanthropic Maou taking on the world, the curtain rises on a dark harem fantasy!

Webcomic:
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/modules/web_valkyrie/maouno/

adapted from web novel series of the same name

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Chapters removed due to content
that violates our Guidelines on
Inappropriate Content.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD!
========Staff Notice End==========
Go to Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window babbo5d
  • 4 Replies

771 Comments

That chapter, these comments, so full of hate.

giphy.gif

Like I said earlier, not every villain need to try hard to be some type of Joker. You don't like this type of villain who spends his days creating his dungeon and sex up girls, fine; but your opinion of 'boring' is simply subjective and shouldn't be imposed on other people because I myself rather see this than 'boring' heroes wasting entire volumes to never get any stronger, or ever getting laid, or being hellbent on saving a world full of people he never even met.

If you have been paying attention, Aur even said that he's not a Mary Sue, he's not OP like Ainz or Rou. He can be defeated in single combat without the use of his mind games and tricks, like when he fought the hero girl. That's why he needs to form contract with demons to protect his ass so Idk where you get that "Mary Sue" thing from. I agree with you though about the interaction with the recent girls, especially Wikipedia girl and cleric bitch. Too many inconsistencies. 

Some of your questions have already been answered:

_ Motivation? He hates human and his hatred fuels his motivation to create a dungeon for himself to stay away from human.

_ Central conflict? Thus far it's between him and the dumbass wannabe heroes like Alan treading into his lair just to get screwed, or maybe Aur vs. village elders who refuse his terms. Again, whether people like this type of conflict or not is entirely subjective but your desired "central conflict" is there all along. A conflict can always shift focus so maybe he'll fight stronger foes in the future, who knows? It's still 12 freaking chapters and aren't most stories taking more chapters to introduce the mastermind/boss? 

_ Who or what is he up against? Like I said, against adventurers/trespassers and village elders. Could be against different enemies in the future. What type of enemies should he fight to please you? Gods? Animals? Republicans? 

_ Theme? Dungeon building, negotiating with humans and manipulating them, trolling adventurers by sexing the females and NTR-ing the males, conquering villages that refuse negotiation and possibly fighting against a kingdom in the future. 

_ Why care? Well if you don't like what's presented thus far then like I said, it's time to stop and pick up something else and if you do like it, stick around. You already said he's a badly written villain/MC so why are you still here? Are you waiting for someone like Alan to appear and beat the big bad guy to fulfill your hero fantasy? Or are you here for the smut, which is subpar at best? Idk man, I'm very perplexed by your insistence to stay and read something you dislike... 

Problem is that Aur is truly becoming a Gary Stu type of character. A character that is weak on combat but op at mind games will be op as fuck when hes never forced to confront his weakness and he can always face his foes on a mind game battle

And even if Aur is weak on direct combat, his growing harem is starting to cover already that weakness.

I like evil MC but what i dont like is that they use the bleach/naruto cliches of always winning by default easily unless facing super OP foes, and mind you hero classes on that setting are pretty op even young inexperienced ones like the hero gal yet she dances on the palm of his hand whe she faced Aur with just the succubus on his side that is heavily outmatched against the hero gal. Aur on that fight had everything under control even her decapitating him was calculated for her to lower her guard and win the fight and thats coming from someone "weak at direct combat".

There have been no "cold sweat" moment when Aur got himself on a really dangerous position up to now and seems hes playing with a coin that says "heads i win, tails you lose".

Up to the L part, Death Note was good example of how can a evil MC struggle against the good guys and win even if some parts sounded a bit off.

Basically Aur is having basically everything handled to him on a silver plate after he found his mana supply, and that god mode sue is starting to get as repetitive as seeing Rito Yuuki "accidentally" caressing a female character on a suggestive manner for the 100th time.

I hate to tell you this man but has it ever occurred to you that you may be projecting just a tad?

Also the issue here isn't that Aur is a villain protagonist. It's that he is a boring and badly written villain protagonist. Seriously he reads like a Mary-sue character written by a edgy, horny teenager who has no idea how social interaction with the opposite sex works.

The story has yet to answer the fundamental questions of what makes a good character.

What is his motivation?

What is the central conflict?

Who or what is he up against?

What are the themes of the story?

And above all else. Why the fuck should I care?

Aur's backstory is stupidly petty and shallow. oh he was betrayed by some vague force.

Well boo fucking hoo.

You can pretty much pick anybody off the street and chances are they can give you a better backstory than this hack author can come up with.

This manga to me is the absolute epitome of cynicism. This hack author seems to think by waving tits in our face and giving us a "edgy", "badass" Mc to project ourselves onto he can get away with giving us shit and expect us to eat it up. no questions asked.

Like I said earlier, not every villain need to try hard to be some type of Joker. You don't like this type of villain who spends his days creating his dungeon and sex up girls, fine; but your opinion of 'boring' is simply subjective and shouldn't be imposed on other people because I myself rather see this than 'boring' heroes wasting entire volumes to never get any stronger, or ever getting laid, or being hellbent on saving a world full of people he never even met.

If you have been paying attention, Aur even said that he's not a Mary Sue, he's not OP like Ainz or Rou. He can be defeated in single combat without the use of his mind games and tricks, like when he fought the hero girl. That's why he needs to form contract with demons to protect his ass so Idk where you get that "Mary Sue" thing from. I agree with you though about the interaction with the recent girls, especially Wikipedia girl and cleric bitch. Too many inconsistencies. 

Some of your questions have already been answered:

_ Motivation? He hates human and his hatred fuels his motivation to create a dungeon for himself to stay away from human.

_ Central conflict? Thus far it's between him and the dumbass wannabe heroes like Alan treading into his lair just to get screwed, or maybe Aur vs. village elders who refuse his terms. Again, whether people like this type of conflict or not is entirely subjective but your desired "central conflict" is there all along. A conflict can always shift focus so maybe he'll fight stronger foes in the future, who knows? It's still 12 freaking chapters and aren't most stories taking more chapters to introduce the mastermind/boss? 

_ Who or what is he up against? Like I said, against adventurers/trespassers and village elders. Could be against different enemies in the future. What type of enemies should he fight to please you? Gods? Animals? Republicans? 

_ Theme? Dungeon building, negotiating with humans and manipulating them, trolling adventurers by sexing the females and NTR-ing the males, conquering villages that refuse negotiation and possibly fighting against a kingdom in the future. 

_ Why care? Well if you don't like what's presented thus far then like I said, it's time to stop and pick up something else and if you do like it, stick around. You already said he's a badly written villain/MC so why are you still here? Are you waiting for someone like Alan to appear and beat the big bad guy to fulfill your hero fantasy? Or are you here for the smut, which is subpar at best? Idk man, I'm very perplexed by your insistence to stay and read something you dislike... 

Ok, after this chapter I'm done. The way as I see it now is as if the Prime Minister* was the protagonist of "Akame ga Kill!" would anyone actually like that? I'm sure I would not.

*That's just the most despicable villain I could think off the top of my head now but if you don't know Akame Ga Kill just imagine the most hateful villain ever and you will get it.

It is "maou story", just what do you expect? A great champion is the best material for dullahan afterall. owo

Ok, after this chapter I'm done. The way as I see it now is as if the Prime Minister* was the protagonist of "Akame ga Kill!" would anyone actually like that? I'm sure I would not.

*That's just the most despicable villain I could think off the top of my head now but if you don't know Akame Ga Kill just imagine the most hateful villain ever and you will get it.

everyone else is complaining and making essays and im just like..

HELL YEAH NTR!!

OH DAMN AND A  DULLAHAN TO BOOT!!

<3 <3 <3

dullahan-chan*

everyone else is complaining and making essays and im just like..

HELL YEAH NTR!!

OH DAMN AND A  DULLAHAN TO BOOT!!

<3 <3 <3

And honestly, we won't get much of an answer. Apparently the web novels finished. So unless he decides to invent from new cloth (which usually doesn't happen that often) this will be quite short (as there's only a year worth of WN).

Actually, Sebas's true form is a Dragonoid. As far as "good" NPCs are concerned, besides Sebas, there is also Yuri Alpha, CZ2128 Delta and possibly the Lastborn of Pleiades. Doesn't stop any of them from killing anybody without hesitation, if Ainz orders it.

There is the "Lastborn of Pleiades", who is an irregular human. But yeah, Sebas doesn't qualify as human, he just looks like one for the same reason as all of the other important NPCs.

I said they were 'decent fellows' not that they wouldn't hesitate to follow what is basically their god's commands.

Spoiler

You clearly love the goody protagonists so why bother sticking with this manga? There are plenty of those out there about brainless "good" MCs who do world conquests without ever getting laid. Or deep down you enjoy seeing this but still in denial? Sort of life the weirdos who claim they love vanilla hentai but still bother to read and comment on every single NTR hentai out there about how it bothers them?

Funny that it took you 12 chapters to notice that Aur is corrupting, enslaving yadda yadda. What noble motivation would you like him to have? Can't he just simply enjoy his life fucking bitches who trespass his lair and building a wonderful dungeon to live in? Even if the pacing were to pick up, I'm sure you'd still complain about how evil he is, how little to no motivation he has lol

It's time to stop bro, this one is not for you. Please go read fluffy crap like Mushoku Tensei that better suit your needs.

I hate to tell you this man but has it ever occurred to you that you may be projecting just a tad?

Also the issue here isn't that Aur is a villain protagonist. It's that he is a boring and badly written villain protagonist. Seriously he reads like a Mary-sue character written by a edgy, horny teenager who has no idea how social interaction with the opposite sex works.

The story has yet to answer the fundamental questions of what makes a good character.

What is his motivation?

What is the central conflict?

Who or what is he up against?

What are the themes of the story?

And above all else. Why the fuck should I care?

Aur's backstory is stupidly petty and shallow. oh he was betrayed by some vague force.

Well boo fucking hoo.

You can pretty much pick anybody off the street and chances are they can give you a better backstory than this hack author can come up with.

This manga to me is the absolute epitome of cynicism. This hack author seems to think by waving tits in our face and giving us a "edgy", "badass" Mc to project ourselves onto he can get away with giving us shit and expect us to eat it up. no questions asked.

"Maou No Penis"

Be warned, I started reading this series thinking it was going to be about how he would climb from the gutters and get revenge on those who have wronged him... well it is about that I just never thought he would do it with his penis.

Overall I'm dropping this series there are better hentai mangas with a deeper plot than this...

Spoiler

Spoiler

You clearly love the goody protagonists so why bother sticking with this manga? There are plenty of those out there about brainless "good" MCs who do world conquests without ever getting laid. Or deep down you enjoy seeing this but still in denial? Sort of life the weirdos who claim they love vanilla hentai but still bother to read and comment on every single NTR hentai out there about how it bothers them?

Funny that it took you 12 chapters to notice that Aur is corrupting, enslaving yadda yadda. What noble motivation would you like him to have? Can't he just simply enjoy his life fucking bitches who trespass his lair and building a wonderful dungeon to live in? Even if the pacing were to pick up, I'm sure you'd still complain about how evil he is, how little to no motivation he has lol 

It's time to stop bro, this one is not for you. Please go read fluffy crap like Mushoku Tensei that better suit your needs.

It sounds like you really weren't paying attention at all to what happened to the mage.

The only one who went the "corrupted via sex" route was the hopelessly naive cleric.

You mean the mage  that is easily outsmarted by Aur as is if she were retarded on a obviously rigged game, lost all her body parts but not her mind/heart and suddenly she tells him her true name for no apparent reason aside that he is banging her in front of the poor guy?

Because with that game he got ahold of her body but not of her mind, and suddenly she joins the slut cleric club.

I know that manga on general is quite machist, but what im complaining about is the drop of quality on those 2 last corruptions.

Heck, warrior gal was decent with magic slowly modificating her memories, but when Aur said "need to take less time" didnt expect to count on the last 2 gals being brainless sluts, moreso when one was a mage the "smart class" and the other cleric "the corruption resistant class" on fantasy settings.

It sounds like you really weren't paying attention at all to what happened to the mage.

The only one who went the "corrupted via sex" route was the hopelessly naive cleric.

Remember, there a lot of people in the otaku world who don't even begin to imagine how a woman's mind work because they don't ever bother to know one and just want to justify their desires and point of view (machist and misogynistic in many of them). We need to have in mind also that Japan is still quite a machist country and also sexually repressed.

The woman who throws everything away for a big dick is quite common in hentai, which can be justified to a certain point since it's material for mastubating so fantasies and ludicrous, unexplained and convenient situations suit them well (not that I like that but I can understand someone can find that arousing). But frankly, I expected something with more level in this manga, it could do a better mix instead of just seeing how the mc is going to broke this week's woman and use her as a cum dumpster.

Frankly disappointing, I expected something more elaborated, the premise had potential.

I know that manga on general is quite machist, but what im complaining about is the drop of quality on those 2 last corruptions.

Heck, warrior gal was decent with magic slowly modificating her memories, but when Aur said "need to take less time" didnt expect to count on the last 2 gals being brainless sluts, moreso when one was a mage the "smart class" and the other cleric "the corruption resistant class" on fantasy settings.

So is it just me or is this basically wish fulfilment in the vein of RE:Monster and some others. Were the protagonist turns absurdly powerful (basically invincible) and then starts amassing a harem while running circles around everyone else and everything they do is okay, cause reasons (either relativism or at least being honest and not pretending that anything but what they want matters.).

He is killable, we've heard him say so, but he also has decades of experience and wisdom in magic and life (especially deep insight into the human psyche- he was betrayed). We haven't seen the making of weak to strong but we do know that now that he is strong, he is living out his true dream.

This is a wish fulfillment story. He doesn't care about the happiness of others (again, being betrayed scarred him greatly) and does whatever he can to take more power including brainwashing others and adding them to his war potential. What I do find interesting is his methods of twisting others to come under him. It is becoming a bit disappointing that it is mostly done through romantic/sex relationships but it is also the most effective (arguably) to keep them loyal.

Especifically both mage and cleric girl. One has still her mind yet still surrenders her true name to Aur, the other loved the now deceased hero and just leave him to die because  Aur dick is ubber.

Come on is quite insulting that those 2 women are so easily broken. Looks that they only needed a lil bump on the right direction instead of a proper manipulation, and they only existed in the story to just go instantly to Aur growing harem the moment they meet him.

Remember, there a lot of people in the otaku world who don't even begin to imagine how a woman's mind work because they don't ever bother to know one and just want to justify their desires and point of view (machist and misogynistic in many of them). We need to have in mind also that Japan is still quite a machist country and also sexually repressed.

The woman who throws everything away for a big dick is quite common in hentai, which can be justified to a certain point since it's material for mastubating so fantasies and ludicrous, unexplained and convenient situations suit them well (not that I like that but I can understand someone can find that arousing). But frankly, I expected something with more level in this manga, it could do a better mix instead of just seeing how the mc is going to broke this week's woman and use her as a cum dumpster.

Frankly disappointing, I expected something more elaborated, the premise had potential.

What was this series about again

Spoiler

LOL this manga, just what the actual fuck xD

Spoiler

Anti-hero?

Lol more like straight villain to me

Wonder if there will be any hero that can give him some big trouble

Already bored with this everyday sex life

Welp, do keep in mind that he is seeking to...."garnish" his labyrinth with monsters, so yeah. Undeads are commonly a good thing to have. Cheap too. Considering the rate at which those humans reproduce. o/

Oh man , I love these harem without romance mangos. I used to think that it wasn't possible for harem to exist without romance... I've never been so wrong in my life.

So is it just me or is this basically wish fulfilment in the vein of RE:Monster and some others. Were the protagonist turns absurdly powerful (basically invincible) and then starts amassing a harem while running circles around everyone else and everything they do is okay, cause reasons (either relativism or at least being honest and not pretending that anything but what they want matters.).

Yes it is.

Problem?

Eh. Sex with this, sex with that. Sex with everyone. What else is new? And is the series going somewhere with this or is he just doing this for the sake of harem and sex?

He pretty much explained that's what his goal is in the first chapter, why does everyone seem surprised now?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics