Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 200votes)

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~

Alt Names: alt Wizard's Soul - Koi no Seisenalt Wizard's Soul 〜恋のジハード〜alt Wizard's Soul 〜恋の聖戦〜
Author: Aki Eda
Artist: Aki Eda
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Wizard's Soul" is a competitive trading card game famous the world over (based heavily on a certain real life game with the initials M, T, and G). Skilled players are popular, make a lot of money, and are even offered acceptance to prestigious universities.
Follow the story of Manaka as she struggles with love, money, and friendship in a world run by cards.
Go to Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I don't know if some people haven't realized, but this is an exact copy of MTG New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 8 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Wizard's Soul New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

426 Comments

Persephone, Hades, Demeter, and Blue Skies. I'm glad spring arrived for Manaka.

Damn stupid idol with tons of ultra-rare cards.

Manaka should've won if she played normally, i.e., with her old deck and the power of hatred and despair. Goes to show that friendship and happiness weaken a person.

Anyway, nice ending.

For those who missed the meaning of that "Ou", it's an awkward way to affirm something in Japanese, usually either for a really casual tone or out of embarrassment.

THE FUCK YOU MEAN, "Ou."?

Falling snow outside

Um, Eita-kun, I love you

- Ichinose Manaka

Eita, I didn't do all of this just for you to say ou..............

Thank you for enjoyable ride and the translators for translating it. Aki Eda and card game, Ou.

OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU

WHO THE FUCK SAYS OU

End felt a bit fast paced but it worked out. Better end than others I've read.

what a good end ... Aoi-chan was really strong and had rare card and knew really well how to used them ... the difference in skill wasn't that big, but the power of the cards were what defined the duel in the end.

and they ended together, the series completed all what it needed to show.

(even the problems manaka had weren't easily resolved, but are in the work to do so ... that's pretty realistic)

Ou. Another completed Aki Eda series.

Great job. Thanks for a great story.

Ou.

Thanks for translating this.

I want more. I'll never get more. Are there even any other card game manga or anime out there like this? Like, actually playing the game?

iGbNHxe.jpg

Thanks for going through this series to the end. I loved it.

25e.png

and live happily ever after

That was a nice ride. 

I love this manga!!!

I want to play Magic again after reading this manga.

That 4 mana Dig Through Time.... totally not busted :^)

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you not remember some of the ridiculous BS that they put in there that was nothing like the card game? Not to mention, Yugioh "King of Games" wasn't even originally about Duel Monsters; In fact, the card game didn't even show up until 9 chapters in, and it didn't appear again (aside from the start and end of the Kaiba Land arc) until the 4th arc, which was the Duelist Kingdom Arc.

The Phi Brain anime or whatever it was called reminds me a lot of the non-card-game Yu-Gi-Oh of old, if anyone's watched that it might give a slightly better idea.

And even the first major card-based arc came before the card game was designed in the real world, so the rules weren't consistent at all. It was only later, after someone else actually created a real card game that the manga even slightly resembled the CCG and the rules inside the manga were changed to be more in line with it.

And that is why I said it was ultimately a promotional tool, not that it was always one from its inception- because the pre-card game stuff was insane and hilarious.  But the moment the card game became a real product and the series started to follow actual rules, the IP became an advertisement and never looked back.  That's why the IP still keeps going, with increasingly absurd premises like boarding schools dedicated to playing the game and extreme card games played in the middle of motorcycle races- it's all still about the card game and plugging whatever new expansions were relevant at the time.  The original manga, which didn't become entirely about the card game, ended back in 2004 but the Duel Monsters anime began in 2000 even now there's still card game based shows and manga adaptations of those being produced.  Let's call a spade a spade here: at the end of the day YGO as an IP is a toy commercial and has been one for over fifteen years. 

so this all started because her dad is a retard, her mom was emotionally cripple, and the love interest just couldn't say no? I feel like this story has a supreme lack of responsibility from everyone who isn't the main character.

Eh whatever, fuck it I guess that's the human condition.

The other players are reasonably good people though.

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you not remember some of the ridiculous BS that they put in there that was nothing like the card game? Not to mention, Yugioh "King of Games" wasn't even originally about Duel Monsters; In fact, the card game didn't even show up until 9 chapters in, and it didn't appear again (aside from the start and end of the Kaiba Land arc) until the 4th arc, which was the Duelist Kingdom Arc.

And even the first major card-based arc came before the card game was designed in the real world, so the rules weren't consistent at all. It was only later, after someone else actually created a real card game that the manga even slightly resembled the CCG and the rules inside the manga were changed to be more in line with it.

No you fools you don't understand. She's only a beast because she uses the power of despair to fuel her abilities. Making her happy is the last thing you want to do.

yeah. She's getting crushed. Maybe Aoi will go like "After I defeat you, I will kill everything you love and you, weak and helpless as you are, can do nothing but watch mwuahahaha." and then it refills her despair gauge and she mothereffin' rap- murders that Cutie and they get married and have lots of children and they live happily ever after. Except Eita, 'cuz he ain't gettin' none o' that.

Can't believe I actually missed this with all the times I rechecked these chapters.

Ch 21, p5, the little white empty box under Roman says: bulls-eye (raw: 図星)

Cheers, second to last chapter was just uploaded a minute ago. Go wild.

Thanks once again xtostos for picking this up

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics