Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 194votes)

Detective Conan

Alt Names: alt 名偵探柯南alt 名侦探柯南alt 名探偵コナンalt ยอดนักสืบจิ๋ว โคนันalt Case Closedalt Détective Conanalt Dedektif Conanalt Detective Conanalt Detektif Conanalt Detektiv Conanalt Detektyw Conanalt 명탐정 코난alt Meitantei Conanalt Thám Tử Lừng Danh Conanalt المتحري كونان
Author: Aoyama Gosho
Artist: Aoyama Gosho
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shinichi Kudo is a high school student who, by using observation and deduction, is good at solving mysteries. While investigating one, he is caught by the criminals that he was watching and forced to take an experimental drug. Leaving him for dead, the criminals disappear. Instead of killing him, however, the drug turns Shinichi into a little kid.

To preserve the illusion of his 'disappearance', Shinichi adopts a new name based on his favorite author (Arthur Conan Doyle) and becomes Conan Edogawa. Ran, his (actually Shinichi's) childhood friend takes this little boy under her wing and brings him to her home. Conan now lives at a detective agency run by Ran's father, but his mind is as keen as ever and he continues to solve mysteries... always allowing Ran's father to take all the credit.

As far as everyone's concerned, Conan is just a little kid anyway... even to Ran. This is *extremely* frustrating to Conan since nobody will listen to a 'little boy'. In spite of this, Conan has a mission... to find the criminals who did this to him and get the antidote to that drug.
Go to Detective Conan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Detective Conan Fan Communities New Window Not-N
  • 2 Replies
Topic Kaito Kid Appearances New Window pistolcream
  • 2 Replies
Topic how do you think detective conan will end? New Window bruhh
  • 1 Replies
Topic anyone here likes vermouth New Window bruhh
  • 4 Replies
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window genz
  • 15 Replies
Topic who is rum? New Window bruhh
  • 9 Replies

774 Comments

tat last panel........its a red herring , its a red herring, its a red herring.......must not fall for red herring

over the last two or so weeks, I've re-read the entire series.
I can't believe social media is actually an issue haha, that would have been nonsense when the series released.

I still remember how at early chapters all people in-manga have are just pagers. :D

THREE WEEKS BREAK, oh well... f

over the last two or so weeks, I've re-read the entire series.
I can't believe social media is actually an issue haha, that would have been nonsense when the series released.

Its only took place in one year

Ooh, major development.

Edit: Did some googling and found my answer. Don't know if I can delete posts.

Oh shit things are starting to escalate!

...but bet you anything that next week is a detective boys case dur

In terms of plot, I always welcome DB cases more than Kogoro/Heiji cases. Akai/Subaru appeared in a DB case. Rum's traits are introduced in a DB case. Ai/Mary similarity is introduced in a DB case. The death of Haneda Kohji also in a DB case. Wasaka Rumi first appeared in a DB case

Why do the worst girls always win?
Oh shit things are starting to escalate!

...but bet you anything that next week is a detective boys case dur

Yeah you can say that again, over 20 friggin' years.

Well, i'm sure being involved in many murder cases serves as a great distraction. :P

The feelings she's been wanting to tell him for a loooong time

Yeah you can say that again, over 20 friggin' years.

Haven't kept up with this manga for a while but wow... so Detective Conan is in the same universe as Yaiba?!? now Conan can use a magical sword to destroy the Black Organization at the end or something lol

It's not the same universe so much as it is an alternative one. Magic isn't a thing in DC - but some Yaiba and MK characters do happen to exist.

Haven't kept up with this manga for a while but wow... so Detective Conan is in the same universe as Yaiba?!? now Conan can use a magical sword to destroy the Black Organization at the end or something lol

Oooh, sh*t, guess the plot is about to start moving a bit! (Still, Ran's so cute ^^)

If one wants to be harsh, it's a common way for authors to say "We're still relevant, dammit!"

It's not something everyone should make a problem out of, because

Nah, i'm not complaining about unaging characters, just find it funny how it seems the author doesn't bother at all with excusing how the manga's in-universe's technology suddenly matches with our current technology. 

I mean for example, in this very case where someone finally blurted out on the internet that they saw Shinichi fine and alive. Think about it, i'm pretty sure why things like this never had posed a problem for Shinichi before is because those chapters are made/drafted/published when SnS still hasn't relevant yet, maybe it was 2001 or somewhen. So things like people blurted something they shouldn't on the internet has never been an issue before, until now, lol. :P

so glad with this development

about time his "stupidity" bite him in the ass

and a plot advancement is something to be glad for obviously

does anybody remember who/when the chef guy showed up? I don't remember him as a possible suspect for being RUM. Though i do remember the police and teacher. or is it a new character yet to be fully introduced? (though that would seem weird)

He's in the The Stolen 10,000 Yen Betting Ticket arc.

does anybody remember who/when the chef guy showed up? I don't remember him as a possible suspect for being RUM. Though i do remember the police and teacher. or is it a new character yet to be fully introduced? (though that would seem weird)

It's just me, or the universe of Conan is actually advancing technologically since the first chapter without any of the characters aging? Lol.

If one wants to be harsh, it's a common way for authors to say "We're still relevant, dammit!"

It's not something everyone should make a problem out of, because

the point of this manga is the mysteries.

It's a floating timeline.

Yeah it's nothing like ippo that has a coherent setting where time only passes realistically with the pace of a boxing schedule. I'm pretty sure most holidays have also been celebrated in this manga multiple times, that more than 365 days can be explicitly tracked in-universe, and that the author doesn't care about advancing anyone's age because the point of this manga is the mysteries.

It's just me, or the universe of Conan is actually advancing technologically since the first chapter without any of the characters aging? Lol.

It's a floating timeline.

it was hilarious
tho i'm not sure why it's written with an "l". it's not an english sound he's failing to make, it's a wholly japanese, uh, "expression" of bringing smth to attention :'D

It feels like one part spoken-over-written and one part tradition. "Ah-le-le" is a very consistent rendering for this fandom, at least ten years old by now, but it's also quite close to transcribing Conan's actual pronunciation as opposed to how its written form would look formally romanised. At the very least, the way it's been broken up into individual syllables seems like a deliberate attempt to make its sound as clear as possible, since you're not going to mix it up with any English-based readings (it's not gonna turn into sounding like 'a rare' or 'a rear', or 'arere' as in the tree, and certainly not into 'allele').

Wait, there are two chapter 1000s--are Beika Street Irregulars actually different from Irregulars?

Doing a namechange/baton pass at ch. 1000 is classy though.

The group's founder had a falling out with the rest of us. More details here. The BSI version has several fixes, but Gent refuses to delete the flawed one out of pride.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics