Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 135votes)

Hatarakanai Futari (The Jobless Siblings)

Alt Names: alt Ang Walang trabahong Magkapatidalt İşsiz Kardeşleralt 働かないふたりalt Kaka-beradik Pengangguralt The Jobless Siblingsalt Бездельники
Author: Yoshida Satoru
Artist: Yoshida Satoru
Genres: Comedy ComedySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A slice-of-life story about two siblings, both jobless shut-ins.

Haruko is a teenage girl who shares with her brother a love of laying around the house in sweats, watching television and playing video games. Her brother has a few friends, but Haruko has a lot of problems with social anxiety. The two of them pass their days happily playing together, though their mother worries about how she's going to get Haruko to shape up enough to find a husband.

LQ scanlation for the missing chapters up to ch.173: http://hatarakanaifutari.tumblr.com/
Go to Hatarakanai Futari (The Jobless Siblings) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

590 Comments

Those guys while being a societal rejects are living a comfortable life supported by their two parents and had each other to rely on. Not really bad and depressing. Now if you are outcast, living alone and no jobs that's depressing.

I am for the most part agree with you, this manga is not (at least to me) depressing because even if we see the struggles of the main characters in their unique situation, we don't see them having a miserable existence, they seem if not happy as least, as you said, comfortable with their current situation.

Spoiler

maybe in first-world countries, but not shitholes like the US. 

Are you implying that the US isn't a first world country? Bruh.

Haha! This is a pretty fun and adorable series. Sign me up!

maybe in first-world countries, but not shitholes like the US.  in the US, you make the same shit wages no matter how much you boost your employer's profits with your hard work.  even worse, if you work hard at shit jobs you'll never get promoted because your manager is counting on you to make his evaluations look good, so there's no way he'll help you move to another position.  there's also a massive problem of wage theft in this country, lots of employers force their employees to work off the clock and lots of unpaid overtime, and if you try to clock in so the extra hours count or try to do anything to get properly compensated you're immediately fired (thanks "At-will employment" laws!).

don't ever work a temp job in the US either, pretty much every place that uses temp workers only does so to rip off their workers by not providing benefits; they'll work their temps up to the day before the law requires employers to provide benefits like healthcare and then fire them, and then hire up another batch of desperate suckers to do the same thing to them.

now, on to a lighter subject...  its alright Haruko-chan, forget about your mean ol' brother and come ride me instead ;)

Still means you actually earn money no matter how little it is. I haven't earned a single cent in the last 6 years.

Honestly, that you worry about it means that you probably wont end up that way. Just work hard at what ever job you do because a good reference & a good work ethic goes a LONG way.

maybe in first-world countries, but not shitholes like the US.  in the US, you make the same shit wages no matter how much you boost your employer's profits with your hard work.  even worse, if you work hard at shit jobs you'll never get promoted because your manager is counting on you to make his evaluations look good, so there's no way he'll help you move to another position.  there's also a massive problem of wage theft in this country, lots of employers force their employees to work off the clock and lots of unpaid overtime, and if you try to clock in so the extra hours count or try to do anything to get properly compensated you're immediately fired (thanks "At-will employment" laws!).

don't ever work a temp job in the US either, pretty much every place that uses temp workers only does so to rip off their workers by not providing benefits; they'll work their temps up to the day before the law requires employers to provide benefits like healthcare and then fire them, and then hire up another batch of desperate suckers to do the same thing to them.

now, on to a lighter subject...  its alright Haruko-chan, forget about your mean ol' brother and come ride me instead ;)

I want to protect this imouto.

I don't know about any of you... but this manga is hella depressing. Like, it's a look into one of the "bad ends" your life can take.

I'm not sure how you can describe a person in their teens or twenties as being at the "end" of their life, unless you're living in an Oku Hiroya manga, in which case a person in their teens or twenties is liable to drop dead at any moment.

I don't know about any of you... but this manga is hella depressing. Like, it's a look into one of the "bad ends" your life can take.

Those guys while being a societal rejects are living a comfortable life supported by their two parents and had each other to rely on. Not really bad and depressing. Now if you are outcast, living alone and no jobs that's depressing.

Me too. Actually, I have been avoiding manga likes this, I'm seventeen close to eighteen now, and going to college soon. But I still fear the days after I graduate, I fear that I couldn't get a job and become a burden to my parents. 

Honestly, that you worry about it means that you probably wont end up that way. Just work hard at what ever job you do because a good reference & a good work ethic goes a LONG way.

Is this a new Mangaka?

He was probably the only one really getting exercise.

Oh stop it you! You can read Mahouka for that. 

not enough!

Wincest!!

Oh stop it you! You can read Mahouka for that. 

How lewd.

I don't know whether to enjoy this or just feel amazingly upset 

Wincest!!

Pretty cool dad

How true. I lost to everyone when we played MMA for PS3. Even to people who played it first time and just randomly pushed buttons. 

This right here is what I was afraid of becoming, someone with no job that just sat at home playing games & being a burden on there parents. It seriously scared me when i was younger, like i had nightmares & everything. I did not turn out that way thankfully (though I do play video games more than I should). I just hope that there is development in this manga & they turn from NEETs into self-sufficient adults.

Me too. Actually, I have been avoiding manga likes this, I'm seventeen close to eighteen now, and going to college soon. But I still fear the days after I graduate, I fear that I couldn't get a job and become a burden to my parents. 

The father has sad eyes. He knows he has failed.

Did they separate the license between manual and auto? O.o

Some country do.
I live in France and we have a permit where you can only drive automatic.(MT permit allows to drive both)
It's pretty rare since the overhelming majority of cars are manual, and most people don't even know the automatic only permit exists

You know what, reading manuals is actually pretty amusing for me too, but deffinetily not gonna read them in my usual free time mmm...

It's not as rewarding anymore as it was in the old times, when the ENTIRE story of the game was in the manual

Spoiler

Awwww~

You know what, reading manuals is actually pretty amusing for me too, but deffinetily not gonna read them in my usual free time mmm...

Spoiler

Awwww~

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics