Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 56votes)

Ultra Battle Satellite

Alt Names: alt UBS
Author: Utsumi Yuusuke
Artist: Utsumi Yuusuke
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Welcome to the world of street fighting!!
Sakura Momochi, a mysterious black-haired girl appears before teenage fighter, Jin Matsuriya.

"You'll get one soon… an invitation to real deadly fights with no rules... a tournament where blood is washed away with blood."

Her mysterious words and an invitation arriving at the same time to the UBS (Ultra Battle Satellite) fighting tournament draws Jin into the world of street fighting!!

A no rule head-on battle begins!!
Go to Ultra Battle Satellite Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

90 Comments

I'll be ecstatic if this doesn't get cancelled. But hey, Jump love destroying potential greats right??

well since naruto is gone and bleach is just prolonging its suffering, I bet that they are searching for potential mangas that could replace bleach and naruto.

With that said, I dunno if non-fujoshi females will like this series, either. We'll see how it turns out.

Well, I like it so far, but I also don't get to vote in the reader polls. Seems that it avoided the latest purge that ended Takujo no Ageha, Cyborg Roggy, and Gakkyu Houtei, at least.

Out of four new series that UBS is part Cyborg Roggy is first cancelled

The fuck do the fujoshi's love about One Piece?

Spoiler
I wonder

I'll be ecstatic if this doesn't get cancelled. But hey, Jump love destroying potential greats right??

- The fujoshis are not going to support this(do not dismiss the importantce of fujoshis spending). Not enough of "attractive" young male casts (like Hakiyuu, Kuroko Basket and Pedal, lol you think these average series would make it without the girls backing?).

The fuck do the fujoshi's love about One Piece? I don't underestimate the "female vote", but females are head-over-heels in love with One Piece (just like males are) without the "fujoshis" giving a shit about it. Fujoshi votes are pieces of shit compared to non-fujoshi females.

With that said, I dunno if non-fujoshi females will like this series, either. We'll see how it turns out.

- The fujoshis are not going to support this(do not dismiss the importantce of fujoshis spending). Not enough of "attractive" young male casts (like Hakiyuu, Kuroko Basket and Pedal, lol you think these average series would make it without the girls backing?).

:3

I can tell without a doubt this manga won´t last long. Not saying I´m not enjoying the brainless brawling with a cool male MC (finally, we need more of those). No, I´m saying this will get axed for the following reason.

- No emotional investment in the characters. MC haven´t had a flashback chapter yet, and they usually come early (like the first chapter).

- There´s only one girl fighter so far, and her character art range from attractive to below-attractive. Also she have a personality that the general male Japanese readers aren´t all that too fond of (unless is a genki girl, tsundere or kuudere most males lose interest).

- Not much focus on story development (yeah, I know, only 4 chapters, but a paying readers interest is one fickle one.).

- The author have skipped too many staple stage in story telling and went straight to fight-of-the-week-format, never good.

- Is in Shounen Jump.........series get axed more or less every month, with the user vote system.

- Not all that unique, except for the concept of no-holds-barred fights. I mean a recent SJ series that is very alike this one would be Judos, and that got axed at vol.3.

As mentioned at the start, I´m not saying this series is going to end because is not enjoyable (it is very much enjoyable). Is just that UBS does not meet the requirement to be a longrunning in SJ. Which is sad, but is the truth. Wish the mangaka would have taken this series to another publication.

This is Grappler Baki all over again, I just can't seem to get enough battle manga.

Female version of Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)!?

Spoiler

Her heart went doki doki

LoL Shonen Jump have Hunter x Hunter (when it's not in hiatus), and that thing has some crazy motherfuckas...

Yeah, but it's hunter x hunter, an established manga, not a new thing. For something that came out of the blue, it has some cojones. And jump usually cancels stuff in the brink of an eye, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got canned. Let's hope thought.

Hah, the sister kinda reminds me of Hayate's parents.

Also, ya'll need to learn how to hide your giant-ass rants and images in spoiler tags.

The biggest problem with this manga is that it is in Shonen Jump...
I am amazed enough simply by the fact that it was allowed to show what it did. The fight, the bloody injured bodies, the panties are all not new. However, the concept and the mindset of some characters are way too twisted for a young teenager to read. Heck, that guy lying on the beach said it himself :/
So anyhow, two indirect ugly outcomes: it got axed or its full potential is held way down.

LoL Shonen Jump have Hunter x Hunter (when it's not in hiatus), and that thing has some crazy motherfuckas...

Spoiler

You know, if this had a Romance tag, I'd tell MC to run the fuck away. But there isn't. I don't know whether or not to counsel fleeing.

Spoiler

It did have the romance tag for a while but it got removed.

You know, if this had a Romance tag, I'd tell MC to run the fuck away. But there isn't. I don't know whether or not to counsel fleeing.
The biggest problem with this manga is that it is in Shonen Jump...
I am amazed enough simply by the fact that it was allowed to show what it did. The fight, the bloody injured bodies, the panties are all not new. However, the concept and the mindset of some characters are way too twisted for a young teenager to read. Heck, that guy lying on the beach said it himself :/
So anyhow, two indirect ugly outcomes: it got axed or its full potential is held way down.

Spoiler

acb.jpg

Is that a bribery attempt? Because if yes, then....
business-deal-sealed-1-73425.jpg

I think you need to talk to real karate masters... In combat-oriented karate or "real karate", the definition of true mastery is the ability to defend against and prevail over opponents using dirty tricks, not actually using dirty tricks themselves. It's kinda like how the MC of No Game No Life is such an unbeatable gamer that cheats don't have any effect on him.

Combat-oriented karate expects two things:

1. That fights may happen anytime and anywhere and in mostly uncontrolled environments where circumstances may encourage and permit the use of features in the environment to one's advantage.

2. That practitioners may be faced by opponents using unconventional and even unfair methods.

However, at no point are practitioners encouraged to use unconventional or unfair methods themselves. A line is drawn in combat-oriented karate to prevent what is sometimes known as "moral slippage". This is a Japanese concept that is best described this way: Once you've allowed yourself as a fighter and the system you adhere to to accept morally questionable practices in small amounts, there will be nothing preventing escalation to the point where you've effectively negated the purpose of your training.

See, the easiest way to win a hand-to-hand fight is to bring a handgun to it, at which point you've essentially negated the purpose of having karate in the first place. Even carrying a knife already violates the basic tenets of karate, yet knives are the most commonly used weapon in street fights in Japan. As strange as it may sound, finding blunt weapons is much more difficult than finding a knife in the modern urban setting.

All traditional martial arts systems, no matter how "real-life" oriented, will never allow "moral slippage" to occur. This is because in the modern era, there's no real life application to traditional martial arts in violent situations anyway. In the US, if I want to defend myself I'll learn tactical shooting and carry a handgun (or, heck, a 5.56 megapistol with a SiG brace) with me at all times. Even in Japan, which doesn't allow private ownership of firearms, serious self-defense instructors draw their techniques from MMA (in Japan there are MMA dojos where they've standardized MMA practices to a system of their own). If someone is using karate in a real fight, he's doing so out of principle. By definition, then, he wouldn't be violating those principles.

Going back to the manga, practitioners of combat-oriented karate will recognize MOMOCHI as one of their own, and MC as just another street thug. Throwing sand at one's eyes is a trick as old as time, but it's not condoned by any form of karate. There's no mastery in throwing sand. Even monkeys can do it. True mastery is being able to predict that the opponent would try it and avoid it. Even greater mastery lies in being able to fight on and win after having sand thrown in one's eyes. Momochi still needs to learn - obviously she's not a master - but MC has even more to learn. If this manga stays published long enough, eventually MC will, like TT's Souichiro, encounter opponents who can still beat him up like the bug he is with eyes full of sand and feet superglued to the asphalt, then he'd reflect on his weaknesses and learn true karate. The alternative is to buy a knife and go stabbity-stab, but that wouldn't make for an interesting shonen battle manga.

You're totally right about karate's principles, after all, it's name means "Empty Hands". But i don't think dirty tricks is something only losers use. if killing is allowed (and it'll reach this point if the axe doesn't come) then even a grand master may be killed by a fighter who while not as strong, doesn't hesitate in using dark ways like poison to scratch him then run until the poison defeats the stronger one.

In a real fight with no rules applied, it's never just about who's stronger, but who's the last standing man., but this is shonen and the MC will never truly cross the point.

This is fun, definitely better than Judos...hope it won't suffer the same fate

Although the artstyle is little bit bland, especially the background

It's a pity that this will likely be one of the next Shonen Jump titles to be cancelled for low ratings, along with Cyborg Roggy and Gyaku Hottei.

Meanwhile, Black Clover is becoming the toast of the town, despite being an unholy fusion of Naruto and Fairy Tail.

Look on the bright side: if Black Clover becomes popular enough, it could be the perfect 'sacrifice' for Toei to animate instead of 'My Hero Academia'.

Spoiler

acb.jpg

It's a pity that this will likely be one of the next Shonen Jump titles to be cancelled for low ratings, along with Cyborg Roggy and Gyaku Hottei.

Meanwhile, Black Clover is becoming the toast of the town, despite being an unholy fusion of Naruto and Fairy Tail.

@sssr 

The "Real combat oriented Karate" that you speak of, I'm not sure you're talking about something that I know of. The things that are taught at Dojo's will differ depending on the moral code of the master himself, and for the most part it's self-defense oriented. But Karate itself is a martial art that was MADE to be lethal and used in any situation. Attacking the eyes, attacking the crouch, were ok back then.

I attended a Kobudo practice myself. Although there were obvious moral limitations there. There were also moves which seemed to be slightly altered for the sake of "Moral Ground" (Like hits that just by slightly altering the trajectory would have been a devastating hit to the nads and seemed to be perfectly optimized for that.). There's also the thing that "Don't aim to punch through a person", which again is something to reduce the amount of damage you do on a person. But I have experiences with only 1 dojo that I went to for a year, so yeah. I can't talk for every single Dojo that exists, and I have no clue on how the dojo's in Japan or Okinawa are teached.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics