Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 76votes)

Boku to Kotori-chan

Alt Names: alt ぼくとことりちゃん
Author: Nonohara Chiki
Artist: Nonohara Chiki
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kotori-chan and Hi-chan promised to marry each other when they grow up. But 10 years forward, the only one who’s actually “grown” is Kotori-chan, while Hi-chan still looks like a grade schooler. Hilarity ensues.
Go to Boku to Kotori-chan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

158 Comments

Hmm. That kind of ominous shadow... I guess ignorance IS bliss - in some way.

Looks like men end up marrying their mothers in Japan too.
Perfect chapter for Mother's Day.

Besides how diabetes-inducingly cute this is, I think one of the other reasons I like this manga is because BOTH ACTUALLY REMEMBER AND ARE WORKING TOWARDS THEIR PROMISE!!! (Even if she's an idiot). There's so many freaking mangas and animes where they make a childhood marriage promise and forget or whatever, but both remember and actually think about it! Even though Kotori's goal to become a good wife is hurt by Hi-chan's abilities.

This might seem like a silly thing to notice, but in "Vol.1 Ch.10 Pg2" there is some interesting effect to note.

If you have a scroll wheel, and it is not the "smooth scrolling type", you may notice a nice parallax effect due to the dotted background.

That brings to mind. I would really like to see webcomics with parallax backgrounds. 

HOLY SHT! didnt notice that till i saw your comment XD

This might seem like a silly thing to notice, but in "Vol.1 Ch.10 Pg2" there is some interesting effect to note.

If you have a scroll wheel, and it is not the "smooth scrolling type", you may notice a nice parallax effect due to the dotted background.

That brings to mind. I would really like to see webcomics with parallax backgrounds. 

...As if this series couldn't get any cuter, now we've got a tiny little mama for Hi-chan, which explains his size. Tiny moms sure are great.

<_< While your henchmen clearly had an ethymologic travel through ages and societies,

Lolita is a part of post-war 20th century literature. That's just recent (1955) and noone should use the obvious connection to this part of literature and give it the opposite meaning (it's like using the term "oedipus complex" for parents falling in love with their children instead of what actually happened in the tragedy).

In fact, the Japanese use many "terms" of historical western(European) origin in a wrong way, and this is just another bad example. I ask you: if the connection with the novel by Vladimir Nabokov is gone, what is left of "Lolita"? Nothing else besides that it's one name of millions for women...

The term "Lolita complex", which is the long form of lolicon is correctly used in Japan, because in Japan the term refers to an elder male's response towards a younger female's attraction towards him. Basically, as originally used in Japan, a lolicon is a dude who responds to and reciprocates Lolita's advances. This correct use is what is then misunderstood in the West to mean something like predatory paedophilia. In other words, it's not the Japanese who are confused about the etymology of the term, but Americans who take it out of context. Kodomo no Jikan has probably the best exposition of lolicon in action compared to other manga that treat the concept as a joke. In that manga Rin plays the part of the original Lolita rather forcefully (with Usa playing it more subtly) and both sensei and Ryuuji play the lolicons reciprocating Lolita's advances. This is the proper context of how the term "lolicon" applies in Japanese use. The Japanese fully recognize paedophilia as a separate idea although they're equally uncomfortable with both concepts. 

When a character in manga admits to being a lolicon, he's not saying, "I want to sexually abuse little girls," but rather, "I wish a younger girl would fall for me so I could return her feelings."

Both are equally disturbing, but in the context of our etymological discussion, the latter is accurate to the context of Vladimir Nabokov's original work.

Hi-chan's mother and family circumstance remind me of Ryuuji's from Toradora!...

Hopefully, Hi-chan does have a decent dad, so that his mom can have a better life than Ryuuji's mother.  T T

ah those days when i slept before the sun came up and woke up after it sets......  

Mom knows her son's shit. I like this mom. XD

Good god, that last page in chapter 9... This series is really adorable.

God damn it Hi-chan... you make me so jelly with your awesome skills.

You're confusing meaning with etymology. The origin of a term is interesting but it's not particularly relevant when it comes to examining the meaning. For example, the word "henchman" derives from a word meaning "horse handler" but how often in fiction do you see a villain's henchmen looking after horses?

<_< While your henchmen clearly had an ethymologic travel through ages and societies,

Lolita is a part of post-war 20th century literature. That's just recent (1955) and noone should use the obvious connection to this part of literature and give it the opposite meaning (it's like using the term "oedipus complex" for parents falling in love with their children instead of what actually happened in the tragedy).

In fact, the Japanese use many "terms" of historical western(European) origin in a wrong way, and this is just another bad example. I ask you: if the connection with the novel by Vladimir Nabokov is gone, what is left of "Lolita"? Nothing else besides that it's one name of millions for women...

Ahhh, the loli and shota discussion again...

In most cases, a "loli" isn't a loli at all. Just look at Kagami Rins character from Kodomo no Jikan, she's a true lolita. Instead of an adult man that is interested in very young girls (he isn't a lolicon but a paedophile), an adult man who is kind of seduced into a relationship by a young girl is a real lolicon.

The important point is that the girl is attracted to an adult man and tries everything to make him hers, that's what a lolita is about. And the one who gradually gets attracted to this girl is the one with a complex. So a real lolicon isn't one who stalks young girls but who (mostly unbeknownst to himself) wants to be seduced by a young girl.

Dunno how it is for "Shotacons" because I don't know where this originated from, but from what I've seen so far shota seems to be focused more on paedophilism than being the opposite of lolita...

You're confusing meaning with etymology. The origin of a term is interesting but it's not particularly relevant when it comes to examining the meaning. For example, the word "henchman" derives from a word meaning "horse handler" but how often in fiction do you see a villain's henchmen looking after horses?

M-MUH DIABEETUS

"What the hell is this?!"

"The sky."

lol

That aside, Hii is surprisingly talented, isn't he? O_O

Good god, that last page in chapter 9... This series is really adorable.

crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif Looks like Hi-kun can draw by memory

In most cases, a "loli" isn't a loli at all. Just look at Kagami Rins character from Kodomo no Jikan, she's a true lolita. Instead of an adult man that is interested in very young girls (he isn't a lolicon but a paedophile), an adult man who is kind of seduced into a relationship by a young girl is a real lolicon.

The important point is that the girl is attracted to an adult man and tries everything to make him hers, that's what a lolita is about. And the one who gradually gets attracted to this girl is the one with a complex. So a real lolicon isn't one who stalks young girls but who (mostly unbeknownst to himself) wants to be seduced by a young girl.

Dunno how it is for "Shotacons" because I don't know where this originated from, but from what I've seen so far shota seems to be focused more on paedophilism than being the opposite of lolita...

Loli = girl

Shota = boy

con = complex

what's not to get?

interesting talks...

while I was on the other manga's comment talking about how lolicons aren't bad, here is talking about shotacons, lol.

Well... Genetics declared he be a shota.,, so don't get your hopes up.

looking at the day they get married and "alone time"...

o man... soooo akward...

Then, he grows up and ends up being super hot. XD

Well... Genetics declared he be a shota.,, so don't get your hopes up.

Ouroboros. 

This isn't Prison School

For me the series works much more effectively when the main couple are "on the outside" of the narrative, like in chapter 8. This was a really funny chapter. ^^

Make up your mind, who should eat whom? :P

Ouroboros. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics