Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 158votes)

Rengoku no Karma

Alt Names: alt พลิกชะตาชำระบาปalt 炼狱之业alt 煉獄のカルマalt Karma del Purgatorioalt Karma of Purgatoryalt Rengoku no Karuma
Author: Hirose Shun
Artist: Haruba Negi
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Makoto does not have it easy. He gets bullied in School and has problems with his father due to skipping School.

His outlook on life brightens when Kirisaki, a girl in his class, compliments his drawing skills. A while later he sees her getting harassed by the ringleader of his bullies. He decides to intervene, but is cut short by the revelation that she is the ringleaders girlfriend who incited the bullying in the first place.

Depressed by his situation Makoto decides to kill himself. He lands in purgatory, neither Heaven nor Hell with the mission to save the lives of six people, whose life will be negatively affected by his suicide...

His father, his bullies and Kirisaki.
Go to Rengoku no Karma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 1 discussion New Window Gogogamera
  • 0 Replies

161 Comments

Hooooo boy.... what now

Oh man, I really hate that woman

But you can't take your eyes off her? I can't though lol. Tis' just the beginning.

Oh man, I really hate that woman
http://vatoto.com/reader#1589d930fb977071

What manga or show is this character from? Nvm I am a retard should reread manga first lol
i think im gonna wait for chapters to stack reading this one at a time gives me headaches
Spoiler

Oh ffs...

That's the only reaction I have from reading this chapter.

When things suddenly go awry even when you thought you made things right is extremely frustrating..

The phone is broken, but where is do you think the file stored?. And why the author try to twist the story too much? even it's simpler it's still going to be good.

Yes the data is still there, but that's not the point.  The premise revolving around Fuwa being able to get away with everything he's doing hinges on the fact the school has a greater interest its protecting its name and reputation than it does anything else.  The quickest and quietest way to make everything go away is what they want, the appropriateness of that solution is comparatively irrelevant- silence everybody and sweep it under the rug than have to acknowledge there's a problem and damage their image.  This is a very common criticism of how the Japanese school systems operate, especially as bullying began to lose its socially acceptable and necessary status in Japan, it's not entirely an unbelievable conceit for the sake of manga drama.

Spoiler

Without the phone immediately functioning to display his incriminating evidence, the school was no interest in digging deeper into any accusations made against him and Fuwa knows that.  Instead they will take his word at face value that Kusanagi beat them all up (as well as the kid they tried to murder) for revenge for his expulsion and resolve it all with that; Kusanagi's family's yakuza ties will be all the 'proof' they need- he's from a bad family and therefore must be bad if one of their students says so.  Fuwa knows he will be presumed innocent as long as he claims it because currently everyone, institutionally and socially, is on his side in absence of immediate incriminating evidence being spread to the public. So he does not have to do much to prevent that as nobody will scrutinize him otherwise.  Breaking the phone is all it takes to prevent that, no teacher will remove the card and load it elsewhere to see what was on it, not even if Kusanagi says something about it since he's been deemed a liar and a scoundrel from the start.

wait who is this girl again...its the 2nd person he saved right?

The phone is broken, but where is do you think the file stored?. And why the author try to twist the story too much? even it's simpler it's still going to be good.

Koe no Katachi is probably one of the best "bully redemption" stories (the MC being the bully here), but it isn't supernatural.

Try "Hanged Doll" and make sure to read it in the long page format.

Yeah, the slice-of-life mange I mentioned was indeed Koe no Katachi (didn't remember its name). One of the best manga I have read. Mood swinging from wanting to hang the MC to rooting for his relationship.

it's not like ...

Spoiler

Hmmmm, I guess you could look at it that way, though it sucks that...

Spoiler

I looked at the raws.

Spoiler

it's not like ...

Spoiler

This was really annoying to read but Chapter 7 made it worth it

the bully's head smashed against the glass of the door? hell yeah!

I don't know what's going on anymore, but that's okay! 

I looked at the raws.

Spoiler

I get the feeling like he isn't actually dead and is in a coma or something in the hospital. Like after he "saves" those 6 people he'll be allowed to wake up.

Or when he's about to jump and his brain started working so fast, giving him this kind of state
You see, they say, when youre about/facing death, you see all those sweet memories, in his case, those possibilities

I get the feeling like he isn't actually dead and is in a coma or something in the hospital. Like after he "saves" those 6 people he'll be allowed to wake up.

Wow this manga just feels a tad bit lazy on some parts and overrated imo. Not saying it had an good start and had a interesting plot but after chapter 2 some of the shit ruined it for me.
First off why the hell is this guy obliged to save these 6 people? What is this the Christian faith or some shit where they say suicide is bad and we end up with this almighty asshole of a boob god(?) in purgatory to save said people even if they had a real shit life? It was kind of a cool idea but this boob women is omnipotent yet can't cut the guy some damn slack for the shit life he has and decides to instead make him work for this shit when she has other better targets probably that actually need reforming? Also he has to save all those 6 people and deal with their BS in under 60 minutes? Damn it Boob god(?) cut the kid some slack and stop being a bitch.
Secondly there were targets on that 6 affected list that didn't make sense and his dad wasn't included when it was mention in the summary? Like wtf man out of all the people you think his dad would be the most affected unless he is a straight up asshole but the random online guy he was texting and the neighborhood kid is on that list. Yea that makes perfect damn sense. I let the 2 girls fly as they were partially involved with the guy but the kid and online guy probably under most circumstances would not know about the suicide.
Finally his powers and everyone's obliviousness to this shit. First off he is a damn ghost. He can't be seen and apparently can interact with the shit around him but he still gets hurt by physical objects due to reasons unknown but probably bull shit. Yea kids if a ghost haunts your ass best get a baseball bat and bash his damn knees in. Not to mention some really weird shit has been happening around these 6 people and no one stops to question it. Next time a bathroom stall swings full force into my or someone face with no one behind it I won't stand around to question it. Also asshole god makes zero damn sense to finally remove his unlimited retries for dumb reasons to make him feel motivated or else he going to hell for apparently causing shit beyond his control. Damn boob gods(?) and boob logic.

Wow this author's lazy. He only realized how infinite loops break tension 8 chapters in? He doubled down on despair and hopelessness without realizing that leaves no room for any actual motivation. Has he even established what the consequences of failing to "save" these people are? He could have just said, "you're going to hell if you don't." At least set a finite number of cycles as a ticking clock plot device. Why would you continue with this nonsense if the rules change without a moment's notice? Who's to say it isn't all a big fucking lie? At this point the protagonist has no reason to continue. Why does he even give a shit? He's dead either way and he only cares about 1/3 of his targets. Why hasn't he tried killing those guys yet? He's in purgatory, he should go Jim Corrigan on their asses. What's he worried about the stupid Gothic Lolita Shinigami getting mad at him? What's she going to do, bring him back to life?

I agree about the infinite loops lacking tension. When that was first introduced I wondered what the point was, if he had an unlimited number of tries. Besides, if he has unlimited tries, he can just focus on saving only one person each time and ignore the others once he's "cleared" them (which I guess he does anyway). I think it would only make sense if it were impossible to complete them, so the futile mission with the infinite loops are the "purgatory".

I feel like she might bring him back to life at the end tbh. I can't imagine how this will go on for 5 volumes considering he's saved two already and we don't even know who the chick on the cover of vol5 is.

Wow this author's lazy. He only realized how infinite loops break tension 8 chapters in? He doubled down on despair and hopelessness without realizing that leaves no room for any actual motivation. Has he even established what the consequences of failing to "save" these people are? He could have just said, "you're going to hell if you don't." At least set a finite number of cycles as a ticking clock plot device. Why would you continue with this nonsense if the rules change without a moment's notice? Who's to say it isn't all a big fucking lie? At this point the protagonist has no reason to continue. Why does he even give a shit? He's dead either way and he only cares about 1/3 of his targets. Why hasn't he tried killing those guys yet? He's in purgatory, he should go Jim Corrigan on their asses. What's he worried about the stupid Gothic Lolita Shinigami getting mad at him? What's she going to do, bring him back to life?

Why is every villain just fixated on making everyone else suffer? I feel like Im reading a half written plot(well I Am, but there's something missing that would make this story better).

Koe no Katachi is probably one of the best "bully redemption" stories (the MC being the bully here), but it isn't supernatural.

...I suggest not Hanged Doll actually, there were some things about that ending that were... unsettling.

Thansk for sharing your thought, and do you know any manga/ comics that puts the leash on buillies and forces them to redempt? Supernatural of course, since I know a slice-of-life version of bully redemption already.

Thansk for sharing your thought, and do you know any manga/ comics that puts the leash on buillies and forces them to redempt? Supernatural of course, since I know a slice-of-life version of bully redemption already.

Well, for that specific kind of manga i honestly don't know. There's this shitty manwha "A World That I Rules", but it doesn't really redempt anything though lol.

Heya, Because an other group already pick this up and do a good job on it. Me and papo(Rakuen Trans) are dropping this manga. But i already translated chapter 9 to 26 on my leisure time, so it would be a waste if i don't share it.

Good luck for MangaIchi :)

https://bosenscan.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/rengoku-no-karma-script-chapter-9-26-eng/

While i agree on some of your comments, if it go that way it will only become a generic "bully-revenge" manga that we already see many times in here. I think rather than blaming the suicider, it wants to potray what is the effect of the suicide for the loved ones who knows the suicide.

Still, the execution of the story itself is kinda bad though. Many character just do something that's stupid, illogical, and evil just for the sake of evil (well, bullying itself is just that, thoguh). The next arc story will potray it better.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics