Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 158votes)

Rengoku no Karma

Alt Names: alt พลิกชะตาชำระบาปalt 炼狱之业alt 煉獄のカルマalt Karma del Purgatorioalt Karma of Purgatoryalt Rengoku no Karuma
Author: Hirose Shun
Artist: Haruba Negi
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Makoto does not have it easy. He gets bullied in School and has problems with his father due to skipping School.

His outlook on life brightens when Kirisaki, a girl in his class, compliments his drawing skills. A while later he sees her getting harassed by the ringleader of his bullies. He decides to intervene, but is cut short by the revelation that she is the ringleaders girlfriend who incited the bullying in the first place.

Depressed by his situation Makoto decides to kill himself. He lands in purgatory, neither Heaven nor Hell with the mission to save the lives of six people, whose life will be negatively affected by his suicide...

His father, his bullies and Kirisaki.
Go to Rengoku no Karma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 1 discussion New Window Gogogamera
  • 0 Replies

161 Comments

Wait...wait...WAIT CHAPTER 20. YOU NEED TO FUCK DOWN.

Spoiler

I think he meant that he's never gotten a pet because he's suicidal. He was probably aware of the fact that he might kill himself one day and didn't want to take in an animal that would eventually get left behind by him and miss him afterwards. 

I'm surprised you took the time to reply to a comment that was nearly 2 years old. Since that's the case, I will ignore the fact that you wrote this 6 months ago and reply.

I know that's what it's meant to mean but "it may cause me to have a premature death", literally means that taking that dog in as his pet would kill him. Which, is of course, different from the meaning you suggest. That's the reason I said that the line made no sense.

I really dislike this "he didn't act like he cared but DEEP down he did so it's ok", human beings communicate to make themselves understood, you can't pretend for other to "guess" what you really meant. Either be clear or don't complain when your lack of skill to communicate makes things worse, because that is also a fault. 

His father failed by being closed and not making himself clear about how he felt, you can't expect that the MC just use, what? psychic powers? to guess what his father really felt.

maybe Im just illiterate but I still dont see what the lady's purpose is

So his version of "take responsibility"  for his son's suicide is a fucking suicide. Great

lel mc be like Yes motherfckers i've come back to haunt all you

but seriously, there's bad parenting and then there's this guy who doesnt even help his own son at his own school

muchas gracias a rakuen por traducir todo el primer arco!! espere años por poder verlo completo y entender bien que ocurria en el 20 ... muchas gracias por su gran trabajo =)

Godamn it. It's Colorful all over again.....

She's doing a shitty job of it. Just tell him he's going to burn in hell! It's so weird that the author is avoiding mentioning an afterlife but insisting on a Christian morality regarding suicide.

Or at least the Hollywood version of it. Actual Christian morality regarding suicide actually goes about a league around what's been depicted here: Purgatory is not a place that's "neither Heaven nor Hell", suicide victims don't end up in Purgatory or in anything that would be functionally similar to what the author calls Purgatory (Limbo/Sheol/"abode of the dead"), and also there's no such thing as karma, which is a Hindu/Buddhist/Kardecist concept. I'll spare the thread further details on the theology of it, though.

I would assume she'll let him loop again later, her purpose seems to be to make him feel the full weight of the consequences of his suicide. The infinite loops sort of destroyed any sense of urgency and greatly softened the impact because he knew he could just keep retrying if he failed to save someone.

She's doing a shitty job of it. Just tell him he's going to burn in hell! It's so weird that the author is avoiding mentioning an afterlife but insisting on a Christian morality regarding suicide.

13 chapter spoiler

Spoiler

the first

Spoiler

also/tambien

Spoiler

solo 4 capitulos más del mejor arco :c

la ultima pagina me recordo a robot chicken, al menos la intro jajaja

13 chapter spoiler
Spoiler

Who the fuck bullies the principal's son?

my mom was a teacher when I was in my grade school and no one even dares to touch me, her students even acted as my bodyguards

So what the hell is that ladies perpose? First she gives Makoto an infinite loop to save people then once he's saved two she takes away the infinite loop for what? and now that it's over she desides to torture him even more by making him watch his father hang himself? What's gonna happen now that he's got no time left?

I would assume she'll let him loop again later, her purpose seems to be to make him feel the full weight of the consequences of his suicide. The infinite loops sort of destroyed any sense of urgency and greatly softened the impact because he knew he could just keep retrying if he failed to save someone.

cause if the father doesn't do shit for his son and they know OR they bully and if he tells on them, he would embarrass the principal, thinks like that ... after all they're pretty f**ked up.

also, when did they tell the father was the principal xD (I can't remember).

So what the hell is that ladies perpose? First she gives Makoto an infinite loop to save people then once he's saved two she takes away the infinite loop for what? and now that it's over she desides to torture him even more by making him watch his father hang himself? What's gonna happen now that he's got no time left?

he has to realize what he did (killing himself) and the consequences, he stopped the loop cause he was to relax that he had loops to try more times and well, she's clearly a sadist and in a lighter tone, maybe she got mad cause he rejected her approach xD

"What does Nanase think of his father's death?" WOW I BETTER READ THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL FROM THIS ONE

No that would make sense. Why would a father hit his son if he knows he's being harassed?

There hasn't been anything to suggest "Zach" knew that the person he was talking to through a seeming anonymous game chat was his son.  It does make it a really stupid coincidence if that's not true however.

I thought for sure that Zack was going to end up being the hair clip bully.

No that would make sense. Why would a father hit his son if he knows he's being harassed?

I thought for sure that Zack was going to end up being the hair clip bully.

If people he hates are going to be negatively affected by his suicide....good?

Good lord, this manga is so infuriating.
Still, I have to see it through to the end.

Don't tell me that bully was actualy his on-line friend in secret. That would've been cheap.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics