Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.57 - 84votes)

Coiling Dragon

Alt Names: alt Bàn Longalt Crouching Dragonalt 盘龙alt Panlong
Author: I Eat Tomatoes
Artist: Tong Yi Ming
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Linley is a young noble of a declining, once-powerful clan which once dominated the world. He has large aspirations and wants to save his clan. Linley's journey begins with an accident when he discovers a ring. He took a liking to this ring, which had a dragon carved coiling around it. Upon being injured during a battle between two powerful fighters he discovers that his ring is not what he thought it was and possesses powers beyond his imagination.

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/64615.html
http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/510331
Go to Coiling Dragon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Differences between LN and Manhua New Window darkdoepie
  • 4 Replies

120 Comments

Okay so everyone is complaining about how this is so much different from the LN but lets just take a step forward and answer a more important question: Is it still good?

The answer is yes...it is still pretty good.

this is so loosely based on the Coiling Dragon Novel that i must say this work deserves its own name. about the only things even similar are the character names.

Wtf is this shit. So much stuff is changed or left out.

Just read the current available raw chapters and i'll just tell you guys forget about 'Coiling Dragon by I Eat Tomatoes' just treat this as a manhua of the same name or just don't compare them.

Seems promising..Follow!

Well the translation note on ch1 did indicate it was 'loosely' based on Coiling Dragon, every adaptations on 'I Eat Tomatoes' wuxia novels have modifications in characters and stories well its either the original author wanted those or they paid him a bonus so they can apply those modifications to the story. By the way I think 'Swallowed Stars' had the worst adaptation.

Little wharton was supposed to be chubby....

Hell, even plot is somehow different. Not going to mention because I don't want to spoiler you. Just go read light novel and you will understand.

Not quite spoilers, just mentioning small differences between light novel and manhua.

Spoiler

The father of Linley was once an aspiring sculptor but couldn't earn a living with it.

Yeah, I remember this in novel. He just never did sculptures like that manhua. 8th rank warrior who happen to be sculptor? Please.

So you read the whole LN and the whole manhua? 

All I can say is that I haven't read the LN but this is really great, art is great... plot is great and even character development is great. I don't have to compare to its original LN but when I comper to other mangas, this was refreshing and somewhat original.

Light novel is great with good quality translations with decent speed of translation right now. You must read it if you like this manhua, http://www.wuxiaworld.com/cdindex-html/you can read it here

This is only a great manhua if you have not read the source material.. If you have its utter trash.

So you read the whole LN and the whole manhua? 

All I can say is that I haven't read the LN but this is really great, art is great... plot is great and even character development is great. I don't have to compare to its original LN but when I comper to other mangas, this was refreshing and somewhat original.

So the Baruch clan are also sculptors now? Why?

Because that is what China does best. Screwing with all.

Just recall funny titles when pirating things. Even toys aren't what they look like.

They don't care about original.

The father of Linley was once an aspiring sculptor but couldn't earn a living with it.

Well this seems just ok compared to that awesome LN but still, it gave me a hope that i will see my favourite Stellar Transformation too.

Because that is what China does best. Screwing with all.

Just recall funny titles when pirating things. Even toys aren't what they look like.

They don't care about original.

yea or so, but they are really short, so saing it's 800 does not really say much in real.

I see, I thought they would be reasonably long so maybe I'll start reading it

I have not read the LN, I think this has great potential. Followed
Just a forwarning, if you have read the LN and came here expecting a manhua of it, leave. Or at the very least forget everything you read of the LN. If you have never read the LN before. Please enjoy.
That blonde man that bought their merchandise... he looked weird.

Why is Grandpa Cowart a woman?

Doesn't the LN have like 800 chapters.

yea or so, but they are really short, so saing it's 800 does not really say much in real.

I don't know if I like the way it is going to. The old man was an important figure in the novel, to change it to a woman. Not really sure if I like it or not.

Just read the ln...don't suffer through this ...

Why.. why did I read this?

Human brain should have some ability to un-see something in case something like this happens

Wait... what!? That's supposed to be Grandpa Cowart?

Mmmh I read a little bit of the novel , which is great so i guess i will give the manwhua a chance.

'I Eat Tomatoes' is a genius <3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics