Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 200votes)

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Alt Names: alt El Legendario Escultor de la Luz Lunaralt 달빛 조각사alt Legende du Sculpteur Crepusculaire
Author: Nam Hee-Sung & Lee Do-Gyeong
Artist: Kim Tae-Hyung
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: The man forsaken by the world, the man a slave to money and the man known as the legendary God of War in the highly popular MMORPG Continent of Magic. With the coming of age, he decides to say goodbye, but the feeble attempt to earn a little something for his time and effort ripples into an effect none could ever have imagined.

Through a series of coincidences, his legendary avatar is sold for 3.1 billion won, bringing great joy to him, only to plunge him into despair at losing almost all of it to vicious loan sharks. With revelation of money through gaming, he rises from the abyss with new found resolve and steps forward into the new age of games led by the first ever Virtual Reality MMORPG, Royal Road.

This is the legend of Lee Hyun on his path to becoming Emperor with only his family loving heart, his boundless desire for money, his unexpected mind, his diligently forged body and the talent of hard work backing him.

This is the legend of the lowest becoming the strongest.

This is the legend of WEED.

Original Webcomic:
http://page.kakao.com/home/47196143
Go to The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is Game of Scanlation on this one? or does another group need to pick it up? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 3 Replies
Topic I think we can all agree we would buy his avatar at any price New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Last chapter discussion New Window Epolimar
  • 18 Replies

380 Comments

just you wait there is a story so big in this you don't even know halve of it

even i don't know everything and i am up to date on the ln which is v44c8 

Spoiler

also i'm sad they didn't call the japtem, japtem

Etcetera is a terrible word to use to replace japtem, though I can understand not using japtem.

Honestly , i feel the art quality drops a lot since season 2 ...

Truthfully spoken. Weed is alwaya depicted as handsome, but doesn't see it himself so.

He is even nicknamed the prince ... in early chapters.

And the winking of the old aritst got on my nerves.

So this is waaaayyy better. I like it.

Weed was never "handsome" from top to bottom he was an average guy with ungodly work ethic which in turn got him very decent skills in martial arts and weapons use in real life. Prince had nothing to do with his looks at all, it was the actions he took during the event where he gains said nickname that the internet gave it to him.

Before i get to into it I haven't read any new chapters after the first one of s2's start but i skimmed the recent one and a few in the 50's to get a better understanding and my take is:

While the old artist added some odd things to weeds character I will say they created a much more detailed world then the new art style which seems to have become a veritable copy paste instead of making the dungeon Weed is in more "interesting" i guess, perhaps more natural is what i'm aiming at as this is a VR game created by the most advanced tech with an actual AI system a dungeon with a flat featureless floor and copy pasted pillars is a very poor choice in the making of the chapter background. The style of old art itself was softer too adding an interesting flair instead of the razor edge like lines in the new style which makes it much more obviously computer draw (not a problem with this being "weekly-ish" time is a factor) but otherwise I'd say the new style at least for the last chapter had very good looking faces, complex and not really cut pasted which give more personality to each character.
So the basic question is do you read for the characters or the story? The new art focus on the characters while the old created and brought us into the story's world, at least that's my thoughts.

Okay, the ending to the first "season" was bad, but this is even worse. At least the first season had some kind of plot and sense of adventure and discovery, this is just a terrible fucking case of mary sue.

just you wait there is a story so big in this you don't even know halve of it

even i don't know everything and i am up to date on the ln which is v44c8 

Spoiler

also i'm sad they didn't call the japtem, japtem

Okay, the ending to the first "season" was bad, but this is even worse. At least the first season had some kind of plot and sense of adventure and discovery, this is just a terrible fucking case of mary sue.

The winking aside, I liked the paneling, line style, color use and effects better in the old style. There was also a marked difference of appearance between characters in the game and characters outside of it, which I also liked. This style is good, but the old art style had a charm to it. The artist also had a great sense for dynamic paneling, and the line weight was also good. I liked how it looked penciled, or even chalked in. The cleaner, more digital look of the new style just doesn't hit me as well.

This all said, Weed is a fun character to read, so I honestly don't care.

MidoriKitzune
Oct 04 2016 03:42 PM

I like the old art better.

How?

I mean did you ever read the Novel?

Did you ever have a chance to see Weed doing his thing on it?

This actually is alot closer now.

And less stupid winking for no reason, looking like an smartass.

What did you like with the old art better?

The bad body phisics?

The more game like style?

The senseless fitting everyone into "cute to look at " style?

I really want to know. Because except, the jerky portrait of Weeds group. This is atm much much better in so many ways.

Artwise.

Feeling of the area.

Feelings of the chars.

Emotions on NPC ...

Etc. et.c et.c

I like the old art better.

I personaly like the art alot better now. It fits weed better.
MidoriKitzune
Oct 03 2016 07:42 PM

Truthfully spoken. Weed is alwaya depicted as handsome, but doesn't see it himself so.

He is even nicknamed the prince ... in early chapters.

And the winking of the old aritst got on my nerves.

So this is waaaayyy better. I like it.

Nothing against the new artist, but the 1st artist's style felt very unique and was very pretty to read (reminds me how much i enjoy reading Maou Yuusha "Be mine, hero. I refuse" over the other versions)

I wonder what happened that  caused the change in artists

Wow talk about genre shift.... Went from mildly interesting with good art to generic art with nausea-inducing 100% gary stu.

RIP

GOS put up a bunch of new chapters: 
https://gameofscanlation.moe/forums/legendary-moonlight-sculptor.99/
up to #62 at the moment.

The new art style has become.... ummm... More mainstream???? Weed looks handsome now, I don't think he was handsome in the novel.. was he???? Got to read it again when I get time... I liked the old art style better though... 

O.o the new art style hmmmm, sure it looks great but i still prefer the old style

Alternative ending:

Lee Hyun banned for real world trading. End of the legend.

Batoto is getting crappier by the day. Rampant censorship of things they don't like (mostly "echi" stuff in male aimed comics) while stuff such as hardcore yaoi and so on is completely a-okay and a bunch of groups happily pulling their stuff and putting it back whenever they feel like it aswell as trolling readers with fake chapters and junk like that.

Now sure why you are bringing this up here considering the reason the MangaCow chapters aren't hosted is because MangaCow doesn't allow it. It has nothing to do with censorship and more to do with Batoto respecting the wishes of the scanlators.

For those wondering, this series is still going and you can find it here. I don't know if they don't allow Batoto to host their comics anymore or what, but they're already into the 50s at the website I linked to. :)

Batoto is getting crappier by the day. Rampant censorship of things they don't like (mostly "echi" stuff in male aimed comics) while stuff such as hardcore yaoi and so on is completely a-okay and a bunch of groups happily pulling their stuff and putting it back whenever they feel like it aswell as trolling readers with fake chapters and junk like that.

For those wondering, this series is still going and you can find it here. I don't know if they don't allow Batoto to host their comics anymore or what, but they're already into the 50s at the website I linked to. :)

Is this still being translated, been dropped, or has been popped official?  Lonemanga site is GoS now and no mention of it.

Ch 52 new sculpture
Spoiler

Wait, that actually happened?

Spoiler

I'm so confused right now.

OMG!!! I cant belive that the novel i love so much has a manga now... I really hope this to reach the point where the novel stoped to be traduced... Thanks for translating this awsome story
Best gift to birdbrains
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics