Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 556votes)

Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru

Alt Names: alt 狼少年は今日も嘘を重ねるalt 狼少年今天也在说谎alt Der Junge der Wolf schrie erzählt heute schon wieder eine Lügealt The boy who cried wolf tells another lie todayalt הילד שקרא זאב סיפר היום עוד שקר
Author: Namo
Artist: Namo
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Keitarou Itsuki is a junior high school student unhappy about the menacing look of his eyes. Keitarou tries to confess to the girl he likes, Aoi Tokujira, but she rejects him flat out. Thinking that his eyes were the reason why she rejected him, he confides in his older sister about it at her salon, who helps by giving him a complete makeover... as a pretty girl! Forced to head home like this, he runs into Aoi in town, but she doesn't recognize him and thinks he's a somewhat manly girl. Before he can leave, Aoi asks him to help her overcome a problem she's had for many years: an intense fear of men.

Main Site: http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_lie/
Latest Raw Chapter: http://www.comic-clear.jp/comic.aspx?c=5
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/namo_
Go to Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic This was way too short New Window True Goddess Reincarnation
  • 1 Replies
Topic Botan Appreciation Thread New Window Radicool21
  • 8 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru New Window Swifft
  • 6 Replies
Topic I... have this endless feeling... of something tugging at my heart New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

935 Comments

Guard Dog Girl just became a little bit harde to dislike.

She found out already? Man, this guy got no break
I hope she didn't. We just finished the first volume! At least give me three volumes!

Did she say she gave him contacts? I thought it was just mentioned to be creative use of eyeliner etc.

Wow didn't take long for the friend-zoned lesbian to show up.

She found out already? Man, this guy got no break

Of course there are feminine featured guys that can pull it off but the case here is almost the opposite. The MC is supposed to be "intimidating" in male form to the point where people are unnaturally afraid of him. Most crossdress manga simply acknowledge the character is a male that looks like a cute girl, but they never show them in male form, much less make them out to be an intimidating male. If there is some sort of switching it is usually magical, surgery, body swap, or something like that.

I know it's fiction and all, but the "makeup" explanation just kind of sticks out. Oh well whatever, it isn't that big of a deal anyway.

Well, the reason why he's intimidating is purely because of his eyes. In girl mode, he has iris-changing contacts that makes it harder for him to create the kind of stare that freaks people out.

And we have the violent psycho lesbian character show up. Time to bail. 

relevant profile picture

Man I wish I was bold enough to stop following this shit after that instance of horrible character stacking.

There have been cases of idols or celebrities in asia wich were crossdressers and no one had a clue until themselves confessed. Even there is a idol group in China who is formed by corssdressers, and I wouldn't say they are men if I didn't knew this.

And is not like in occident hitting to a cute girl in a club, going to the bathroom and finding that cute girl has a wiener larger than yours never happened. I can tell you, I was drinking with a friend in a bar and we were astounded with a waitress with a miniskirt too short. Another friend who knew her told us to be careful. At some point she started to dance on the bar and we discovered her 2 secrets: she was a man and she didn't like underwear. I swear I wasn't drunk to not realize, she was indeed beautiful.

Of course there are feminine featured guys that can pull it off but the case here is almost the opposite. The MC is supposed to be "intimidating" in male form to the point where people are unnaturally afraid of him. Most crossdress manga simply acknowledge the character is a male that looks like a cute girl, but they never show them in male form, much less make them out to be an intimidating male. If there is some sort of switching it is usually magical, surgery, body swap, or something like that.

I know it's fiction and all, but the "makeup" explanation just kind of sticks out. Oh well whatever, it isn't that big of a deal anyway.

Spoiler

I don't think I can possibly wait half a year for the next chapter. Going to have to put my own Japanese skills to use then... I don't really like doing that for series I particularly like because I'm not fluent yet and little details are often lost on me, but man I can't help it, I gotta at least see chapter 5.

I'm not really trying to be picky, I was just validating people's observations since I thought the same thing myself. Lets be honest here the mangaka put in a complete body swap and called it "makeup". The body swap could have been easily explained by the usual supernatural means and no one would have said anything.

There have been cases of idols or celebrities in asia wich were crossdressers and no one had a clue until themselves confessed. Even there is a idol group in China who is formed by corssdressers, and I wouldn't say they are men if I didn't knew this.

And is not like in occident hitting to a cute girl in a club, going to the bathroom and finding that cute girl has a wiener larger than yours never happened. I can tell you, I was drinking with a friend in a bar and we were astounded with a waitress with a miniskirt too short. Another friend who knew her told us to be careful. At some point she started to dance on the bar and we discovered her 2 secrets: she was a man and she didn't like underwear. I swear I wasn't drunk to not realize, she was indeed beautiful.

And we have the violent psycho lesbian character show up. Time to bail. 

Ah. Itsuki, your is a lie that does good like Itsuwaribito Utsuho. Tokujira will still have heatstroke when she finds out the truth

The new girl is the real stalker! (Probably)

P.S. May someone post a spoiler summary of Thorn Princess? Unless the manga gives us one in the next chapter.

Thorn Princess is basically Sleeping Beauty.

Ah. Itsuki, your is a lie that does good like Itsuwaribito Utsuho. Tokujira will still have heatstroke when she finds out the truth

Huh? I thought crossdressing Itsuki was Tokujira's only friend. How come she's talked to someone other than him?

The new girl is the real stalker! (Probably)

P.S. May someone post a spoiler summary of Thorn Princess? Unless the manga gives us one in the next chapter.

and the character stacking begins....

(╯=▃=)╯︵┻━┻

Mark my words: The new chara is a guy.

Huh? I thought crossdressing Itsuki was Tokujira's only friend. How come she's talked to someone other than him?

Looking at your image, if the height is the very top where you can see the top of Itsuki's head as a guy and girl, then the height difference could be due to patting down hair. I understand the difference in body types, such as where the shoulders are, though. I want to say that his body as a guy is actually smaller than it appears in his uniform, but that may be stretching it.

Since I did the composite myself, I can say the difference is a bit more obvious while moving a cutout of the girl around trying to line it up. I aligned the two by their chin BTW. It's hard to see where the top of the head ends, but you should easily see that in girl form his eyes are lower and way larger. The face is a bit shorter and rounder to make it more cute/feminine. It also appears the legs are shorter, but we don't have a full height image down his feet to really argue that (I could have lined it up by the bottom of the pictured legs to make the height difference stand out more, but I wanted the shoulders to line up). The overall height is close enough, I mean it is just a drawing with variances, but you can really see the difference in the shoulders, arms, and hands.

It's obvious the mangaka just drew a guy and then a girl without really trying to make them similar. Heck look at the end of Ch1 (in the booth from the side), Itsuki even appears smaller than Tokujira. Managaka usually hide the male to female body differences with magic or not show them at all. Having an "intimidating" MC (male) vs cute (girl) makes it stand out more.

I'M HER GUARD DOG. GAO GAO.

...gorigorigorigorigori.

A tsundere appeared! I think.

I wonder if this new girl is going to be a constant thorn in his side or he'll be able to reason with her. 

New girl? Bring it on. Our trap will handle anything.

She needs the right guy for practice.

Looking at your image, if the height is the very top where you can see the top of Itsuki's head as a guy and girl, then the height difference could be due to patting down hair. I understand the difference in body types, such as where the shoulders are, though. I want to say that his body as a guy is actually smaller than it appears in his uniform, but that may be stretching it.

BOOM

his sister is a witch, or magical girl, or whatchamacallit :D

I'm not really trying to be picky, I was just validating people's observations since I thought the same thing myself. Lets be honest here the mangaka put in a complete body swap and called it "makeup". The body swap could have been easily explained by the usual supernatural means and no one would have said anything.

This Itsuki reminds me of another character named Itsuki; however, the Itsuki I'm talking about dressed like a boy but was really a girl.

And as one might imagine, Itsuki is a gender-neutral name like Chris or Pat (and technically Ashley), so that's why you see it used often in these situations. Tsukasa is also, hence why you saw it used in .hack//Sign.

Sawashiro Miyuki would make the perfect VA for Aoi

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics