Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.35 - 79votes)

Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru

Alt Names: alt この世界がゲームだと俺だけが知っているalt Bu Dünyanın Oyun Olduğunu Bilen Tek Kişiyimalt Eu sou o único que sabe que este mundo é um jogoalt I Am the Only One Who Knows This World Is a Gamealt Только я знаю, что этот мир - игра
Author: Usber
Artist: Ichizen
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem Harem
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sagara Soma is a hardcore gamer, who spends basically all of his time playing or thinking about games. Since he was a child, he's thought of how great it would be to really live in a game world. One day, when he breaks a promise to his cousin Maki in order to play video games, his wish comes true. "New Communicate Online," also known as "Neko-Mimi-Neko," is the game he was playing at the time. Neko-Mimi-Neko is well known for its trick quests, occasional unfairly high level enemies, and many bugs, all of which combine to make players die over and over again. Now that Soma seems to literally be a starting character in the game world, will he re-spawn after death, or actually die? Luckily, he knows just about everything there is to know about the world of Neko-Mimi-Neko, so he may be able to make the unfairness in the game work to his advantage!
Go to Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window Josh Thomson
  • 1 Replies

87 Comments

Dudes got a point there. If I wanted to play a harsh and unforgiving game that keeps knockin' you off your feet every chance it gets, I'd go back to real life.

Or... y'know, Mouse Trap or something.

I'm the type of person that try to be as low level as possible in normal run and then be op af in post-game.

reminds me of the old man in pokemon crystal

Spoiler

Christ my blood started pumping seeing this again, even years later.  I've never been so afraid as I was of this.

Gotta feel sorry for him now...XD

TRAIN TO ZONE! 

eqtrain-e1275934204681.jpg

Its a trolling game, what does it matter whose name is on the note? And no. Quests don't have to give actual rewards. Have you even played a troll game before?

Theres no point in talking about what the series "may" switch to since I can't see the future.

It matters because Souma knows which quests are trolls and which aren't.  Evidently some quests must have actual rewards.

As for themes, if you read the novel, you will see the future.  And the future clearly says it is about a hardcore gamer abusing a broken game.

A game as troll as that and with such a name deserves this music for its opening cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwIYJEOlkmM

one of the most annoying and nonsensical or was it nonessential openings ever made    

Ok, but as asdasdgrfw pointed out, that's impossible to do in a single player game.  Regardless, then Souma wouldn't bother going for it, since he would already know it's a troll; but at some point in the game, quests have to give actual rewards, otherwise you won't bother with them, right?

This is more about a fellow trying to survive in a Nintendo Hard game with only a single life.  Well, later on the series may switch themes, as he may reach a pattern where he's not quite as liable to be killed by the RNG as he is when he starts out.

Its a trolling game, what does it matter whose name is on the note? And no. Quests don't have to give actual rewards. Have you even played a troll game before?

Theres no point in talking about what the series "may" switch to since I can't see the future.

That ugly rural slime kinda creeped me out a little bit.

It is not advisable to shout that you have loads of money for obvious reason.

A game as troll as that and with such a name deserves this music for its opening cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwIYJEOlkmM

And thats why you're a programmer and not a designer. If the Nekomimineko developers REALLY want to fuck over players, they'd put a note in the chest saying "Haha, theres no treasure here, sucks to be you - Signed $PREVIOUSPLAYERTOCOMPLETEEVENT$". That way the whole quest line would be about players trolling one another. Trollception if you will.

Ok, but as asdasdgrfw pointed out, that's impossible to do in a single player game.  Regardless, then Souma wouldn't bother going for it, since he would already know it's a troll; but at some point in the game, quests have to give actual rewards, otherwise you won't bother with them, right?

The whole story is horribly thought out even as a video game trolling parody. It can't seem to decide whether it wants to be a video game troll story or whether to play the "video gaming genius"-MC trope straight because both are contradictory.

This is more about a fellow trying to survive in a Nintendo Hard game with only a single life.  Well, later on the series may switch themes, as he may reach a pattern where he's not quite as liable to be killed by the RNG as he is when he starts out.

His thinks his biggest enemies might be humans? Yeah right. I'd say his habit of talking to himself out loud like a retard is far more dangerous. Heck, with the trolling nature of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the inn roof collapses on his head due to his excessive monologue. It'd be awesome if that girl also ends up in same world, but as a princess. Can't think of a better way to troll on the MC's predicament.

the panel of her going to sleep holding the tanabata wish was a pretty obvious foreshadow.

If this happened to me, I'd buy a house and continually hide under my bed until I got bored of being scared.

If it's a trap, hooray

If it's not a trap, hooray

she's not a trap, just an mpk... well it's the same either way. 

I dunno if you intentionally made your comments rhyme or not? its out of topic I know ┐(︶▽︶)┌

If it's a trap, hooray

she's not a trap, just an mpk... well it's the same either way. 

If it's a trap, hooray

LOADSAMONEY

And thats why you're a programmer and not a designer. If the Nekomimineko developers REALLY want to fuck over players, they'd put a note in the chest saying "Haha, theres no treasure here, sucks to be you - Signed $PREVIOUSPLAYERTOCOMPLETEEVENT$". That way the whole quest line would be about players trolling one another. Trollception if you will.

The whole story is horribly thought out even as a video game trolling parody. It can't seem to decide whether it wants to be a video game troll story or whether to play the "video gaming genius"-MC trope straight because both are contradictory.

But this is Nekomimineko Offline. Where you got previous player to complete event?

The loli's cute...... assuming it's a loli & not a nekomimineko trap!

Well, since you can't get at the chest before clearing all dungeons and setting up the quest status flag, even if you already knew the password in advance, you would still have to gather all the clues, so there's no point in making the password random — any more than there's a need to make the treasure's location random.  So as a programmer, I wouldn't bother.

Of course, as a programmer, I wouldn't bother to even give a specific number in the first place, and simply say "you put in the correct passcode and open the chest" based on the quest state.  But then again, I'm not a Nekomimineko developer...

This manga is pure gold hahahahha, 

His thinks his biggest enemies might be humans? Yeah right. I'd say his habit of talking to himself out loud like a retard is far more dangerous. Heck, with the trolling nature of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the inn roof collapses on his head due to his excessive monologue. It'd be awesome if that girl also ends up in same world, but as a princess. Can't think of a better way to troll on the MC's predicament.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics