Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 262votes)

Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin

Alt Names: alt Alderamin on the Skyalt ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミンalt 发条精灵战记 天镜的极北之星alt Nejimaki Seirei Senki Tenkyo no Alderaminalt Tenkyou no Alderamin
Author: Uno Bokuto
Artist: Kawakami Taiki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The Katjvarna Empire and the Kioka Republic are at war, and Katjvarna is currently defending their border against Kioka's attacks. Yatorishino is from an influential family in the empire, and she's taking the high ranking officer exams. To make sure she passes at the top, she's convinced lazy, anti-war, girl-crazy Ikuta to take the exams as well and help her, in exchange for a favor from her family. The first, written test goes as planned, and then they head off on a boat for the next. Unfortunately, the boat sinks, and Yatorishino, Ikuta, some other examinees, and a mysterious, important little girl are stranded behind enemy lines! [tethysdust]

adapted from light novel series of the same name
Go to Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Can explain why the princess board the ship ? New Window Pringer-X
  • 2 Replies
Topic No Spoilers: Guess why that girl is mad Game New Window lygarx
  • 6 Replies

503 Comments

MidoriKitzune
Oct 12 2016 08:38 AM

You know, what kind of commanding officer who don't know about terrain?

Not like i said the manga is bad, but incompetent has its limit... how did the country managed to last this long with officers like that? :o

Luck?

Ask why the world is how it is now.

YOu will find luck as answer again.

We got enough nukes to raze the whole earth, multiple times.

And alone the tests ruined the living conditions for us for hundreths of thousands of years. In many areas of this world.

Not to speak of the atomic waste generated by our hunger for cheap energy.

Yeah ... how didn't we extinct ourself yet .... luck.

Look at whos in power in some of the biggest nations atm.

Putin for example. He's old and batshit crazy.

Then there's the possiblitie to get a trump ...

And most of euoropa grows more right ... day by day, as the terror threat and the look onto assilants get worse and worse. Duo the politicans not makeing up they're minds. And half assing it.

The next 10 years will be fun .... wish us luck.

DAMNNNNNNNN!!

Spoiler

But I.. I believed until reading the last couple of pages...

T_T
DAMNIT!!

Not like i said the manga is bad, but incompetent has its limit... how did the country managed to last this long with officers like that? :o

The elites get sent to the front lines to the east. I'm thinking the north is an assignment for lesser officers.

From what it looks like, the army in the north never fought in battle before and were supposed to do nothing more than basic peacekeeping duties until their general decided that peace was too boring for him.

Maybe we can get better by using Hikgaya Voice actor?

does not go well with buffed characters but who knows?

he got buffed in the anime, a thinner ikta is a better ikta hence manga ikta is better than anime ikta.(LN Ikta is also thin)

the LN is not shoujo-ish it's moe-ish, the manga is a little more realistic, and the anime? now that's shoujo.

LN - have you seen a shoujo manga/LN/anime with eyes as cute as that?
hqdefault.jpg

ANIME

EDIT: it's ok to empathize the lip's and the eyes for the female's but not so good with the males specially Ikta and the fat guy can't remember his name

79531.jpg

MANGA - now this is the Ikta we love(well, there's not enough translation of the LN for me to love the LN Ikta ver.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKD3o3VhJ9C5UN9dDHM3Q

EDIT: I watched it again, lol the VA for Ikta doesn't match the anime design, the VA doesn't match buffed characters well haha, don't get me wrong the voice actor is awesome but and a good choice for ikta BUT the anime Ikta doesn't match his voice lol.

Maybe we can get better by using Hikgaya Voice actor?

The deep moral of the story: You should never Zerg Rush using waifu material as cannon fodder.

after reading ch.22

I too was looking forward for a third meeting

kdNm7_s-200x150.gif

pd: did the anime just got to the manga?

i know!!! why did they have to kill poor Kanna! i liked her so much!!! yes the anime got to manga, but it is based on a light novel, so for sure it's not the manga that is the most advance in the plot

The LN has changed the artist after few volumes. somehow in the new character design most men have older,broader and stiffer look lol. but the old illustration isnt that great either tho.

The anime probably wanted to use the character design that was more used during 80s or 90s instead i think. maybe because back then more war genre uses this kind of style maybe? idk... my only problem is probably Ikta's change like many have pointed out... 

after reading ch.22

I too was looking forward for a third meeting

kdNm7_s-200x150.gif

pd: did the anime just got to the manga?

That makes no sense. He looks like a generic shoujo pretty boy (aka bishounen) in the manga and LN. In the anime he actually looks like a sleazy, laidback womanizer. Everyone in the manga looks shoujoesque and Ikta's group in particular looks like bunch of 12 year olds, instead of young adults like they're supposed to be. The anime got the designs right even if they don't match the manga/LN designs, and they actually match the tone of story and personalities of the characters. 

he got buffed in the anime, a thinner ikta is a better ikta hence manga ikta is better than anime ikta.(LN Ikta is also thin)

the LN is not shoujo-ish it's moe-ish, the manga is a little more realistic, and the anime? now that's shoujo.

LN - have you seen a shoujo manga/LN/anime with eyes as cute as that?
hqdefault.jpg

ANIME

EDIT: it's ok to empathize the lip's and the eyes for the female's but not so good with the males specially Ikta and the fat guy can't remember his name

79531.jpg

MANGA - now this is the Ikta we love(well, there's not enough translation of the LN for me to love the LN Ikta ver.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKD3o3VhJ9C5UN9dDHM3Q

EDIT: I watched it again, lol the VA for Ikta doesn't match the anime design, the VA doesn't match buffed characters well haha, don't get me wrong the voice actor is awesome but and a good choice for ikta BUT the anime Ikta doesn't match his voice lol.

Spoiler

Thanks for the info fam.

Question for those of you who are well read in the art of cannon warfare: How did soldiers prevent cannon balls from rolling out of cannons that were pointing downhill like we've seen? Were there lock mechanisms for ammo? Just a point of curiosity.

When loading a muzzle loader the crew would also put in a bunch of cloth/hair/paper called Wadding. Its primary purpose was so the gunpowder would push the ball out more efficiently, but it also prevented the ball from rolling out the front.

32pdr.gif

Question for those of you who are well read in the art of cannon warfare: How did soldiers prevent cannon balls from rolling out of cannons that were pointing downhill like we've seen? Were there lock mechanisms for ammo? Just a point of curiosity.

I think he means the manga vs the anime version. The anime version has better art style then the manga.

... That's subjective imo .I like the light novel art more than anything else although I did not read the light novels. But the anime version is probably a light version of the manga and so it is not based on the light novel. I said light version of the manga because it is needed for the animation.

Making the anime a copy of the copy of the original or, at least when I say original, how to the author wanted it to be at first.

Just checked. Looks the same to me. What exactly did they change? 

I think he means the manga vs the anime version. The anime version has better art style then the manga.

The anime is a let down, gonna stick with the manga and ln.

The manga is almost identical to the anime, only difference is the art style. So far everything that is cover in the manga is covered in the anime. So don't know why you're let down.

Madhouse changed the artstyle of Overlord as well, it's different from both manga and LNs.

Just checked. Looks the same to me. What exactly did they change? 

Wondered how bad it could be, so I went ahead and watched the first episode. Jesus what did they do to poor Ikta? He looks nothing like the disheveled, slightly sleazy Ikta we all know and love. He looks like yet another blase black haired shounen protagonist (which he certainly ain't) 

He is a bishounen now

That makes no sense. He looks like a generic shoujo pretty boy (aka bishounen) in the manga and LN. In the anime he actually looks like a sleazy, laidback womanizer. Everyone in the manga looks shoujoesque and Ikta's group in particular looks like bunch of 12 year olds, instead of young adults like they're supposed to be. The anime got the designs right even if they don't match the manga/LN designs, and they actually match the tone of story and personalities of the characters. 

I tried watching the 1st ep. but the opening sequence killed it for me. Ikta caring for the country? wanting to save it? the hell with that! and they probably changed his design to match the voice actor.

Imo the anime chara design is definitely different but yatori was downright hot when she was mauling that poor bastards last episode. 

just watched the anime
i got these flashback to gendum sheed from time to time (yes, yes... i know the chara designer is not hisasi)

in their defense, most LN artist's styles can't be translated well into animation, it's bound to there be some dissonance. Also, plenty of animation studios do use their own character designs for everything they do (*cough*Kyoto Animation*cough*XEBEC*cough*).BUT!

This is Madhouse, which is why most people feel betrayed I guess, they can make some really good looking adaptations while keeping the original style, so having a style trampling over the original is hard to swallow. Also the original art is not like let's say Overlord's LN illustration which would be a pain to make into animation.

Oh well, seeing as there's not much of the novels translated I can put up with the animation since I haven't read enough to make me attached to the original art, I mean, it's not UGLY AF, it's watchable :v it'll all depend on the pacing and plot for me :V

I watched the anime and I have to agree that the art needs some getting used to. But what's important would really be the pacing and how they animate the story. It would be good if they do omit some parts and not add anything that can only be found in the anime. I've watched some animes that added characters and scenes not found in the original story and it really ruins the anime and the story it was based on(one good example would be Bleach).

in their defense, most LN artist's styles can't be translated well into animation, it's bound to there be some dissonance. Also, plenty of animation studios do use their own character designs for everything they do (*cough*Kyoto Animation*cough*XEBEC*cough*).BUT!

This is Madhouse, which is why most people feel betrayed I guess, they can make some really good looking adaptations while keeping the original style, so having a style trampling over the original is hard to swallow. Also the original art is not like let's say Overlord's LN illustration which would be a pain to make into animation.

Oh well, seeing as there's not much of the novels translated I can put up with the animation since I haven't read enough to make me attached to the original art, I mean, it's not UGLY AF, it's watchable :v it'll all depend on the pacing and plot for me :V

Thanks for the chapter!

Tbh I didn't even watch more than a PV of the anime, the characters' faces are really off-putting if you're used to the manga, imo.

He is a bishounen now

I will agree that I don't like his design in the anime, but I don't really think it counts as bishounen. It's fairly... ugly to me.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics