Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 649votes)

Sengoku Youko

Alt Names: alt 戦国妖狐
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Stop your evil deeds and take the right path!" That is the creed of Youko Tama and her younger step brother, Jinka Sendou. The two demon siblings travel the country to stop the deeds of all evil doers, along with a scaredy-cat swordsman they picked up along the way, Hyoudou Shinsuke. During their travels, they will come across a monk organization with more than suspicious methods and they'll soon be at war.
Go to Sengoku Youko Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It's been a good ride New Window Arnarinn
  • 3 Replies
Topic Jinnun VS Douren New Window Maiyahii
  • 0 Replies

766 Comments

I might be late to comment (forgot last time), but once again I have to say, this manga is one of the best manga I've read in my entire life mmm...

He did have an eye patch. Maybe severed the connection by removal of the eye?

Honestly it seems more likely that his eye died with his brother since the eye was their only connection when he became a demon. 

That said I really felt like the ending was a little... cruel, out of all the main characters only 2 had a happy end, the rest had to watch their friends and family die while the 'main' of the second half essentially ended up wandering the world instead of going back home. The reason for doing so is because he had to watch his loved ones die all around him, hell, everyone but the two fox demons had to have that shitty experience. This story has 1 moral: Being immortal fucking sucks if you love people that aren't also immortal. 

Jesus fuck.

*sob* I'm *sob* warmed!

These tears are warm tears!

I'm not sad, I'm happy! *sob* Promise!

*runs off crying*

Jinka failed to reclaim his mc position even until the end ;.;

Finally read the last chapters. I postponed not to read it until I accept Sengoku Youko has to end at some point. The ending is satisfying, though it's a bit sad Shinsuke and Tsukiko to died in their 50s-70s since Japan is the country with the highest life expectancy. They could live until 80, 90, heck they could survive until 120 still alive and kicking, but it's the author's decision and I respect it. Overall it's an amazing story, in my opinion it's even better than Hoshi no Samidare and Spirit Circle. Thank you for Milky Translations, Vexed Scans, and all of the people who worked on this translation because without you guys we couldn't even know what Sengoku Youko is. I hope we will meet again in Mizukami Satoshi-sensei's future masterpiece

You guys should try reading this short story by Mizukami. http://vatoto.com/reader#2208007fdb7f3b9b It's implied to be the future of Sengoku Youko, what with the monster town and the protagonist having the name "Kazamatsuri". Or actually, Sengoku Youko is the prequel, since that story was written first.

Cover 17!!

81r7rahQT%2BL.jpg

Spoiler

This was amazing, gotta love Mizukami-senseis works. Needed more Shaku at the end though.

This was truly a masterpiece. By the end, I came to love basically ALL the characters, even those small fries. 

And the couple last chapters was simply beautiful. My heart definitely cried reading it.

Thank you, Mizukami Satoshi. Hope I can meet you in another epic tale yet again.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will re-read this series. It was just that good.

Some people were debating about why Jinka is still alive when his brother would have died of old age, but I don't think anyone actually said that if one twin died it would kill the other. Not Ooyamamistuchi-hime at least, and she seemed to know what she was talking about. She said they would share the same fate. So maybe if Senya had killed Jinka's brother he would have been able to kill Jinka too. So assuming Jinka's brother did die of old age, Jinka will too. Just a long, long time later.
But anyway, just a theory.

Lots of thanks to Mizukami Satoshi-sensei and all the people who worked to bring us this series in English.

I wanted to see older Tama ;_;

Whenever someone asks for a definition of "epic" I'll just refer to this series. Simply marvelous!

This was such a good series...I'm gonna have to reread it every so often for nostalgia's sake. I'm glad there was a happy ending.

Binge read till the ending. very pleased now even if I'm a bit sad.

Man, this author just keeps knocking them out of the park.

Only thing I'm slightly disappointed by is that it's only the guys getting a kickass pose at the end.

Read the final few chapters while listening to my Zen playlist. It was beautiful quq I hope to be as good of a storyteller as this author some day.

Just finished reread the whole thing from the beginning. After Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer Satoshi has succeeded creating another masterpiece of a series.

Spoiler

Now I wonder if this will ever get an anime? I want Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer to get one too but considering Sengoku Youko ended more recently it might have better chance?

Too bad but this series isn't shit enough to get an adaptation these days

╯・∀・)╯彡┻━┻

Wow, just found this manga on the day it ended. Still, this one is good Thanks mizukami satoshi for writing it, and all the hard working fans for the translations

Just a honestly good series. Very satisfied with this ending.

Man... I just have no words. Been with this manga since it first started up, it was my first of Mizukami-sensei's manga and it's been my favorite ride (with the best characters) ever since. Really going to miss it, but this is one author I can trust to wrap everything up in a fantastic way. Congrats on finishing the series everyone, and I hope to see another series soon that touches me in the way this one did.

Just finished reread the whole thing from the beginning. After Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer Satoshi has succeeded creating another masterpiece of a series.

Spoiler

Now I wonder if this will ever get an anime? I want Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer to get one too but considering Sengoku Youko ended more recently it might have better chance?

That was an amazing read, thanks to all those that created the manga and the anons that took their time to scanlate this.

And so the journey comes to an end... Thank you for this beautiful manga, Mizukami Satoshi! Thanks for your work, Milky Translation and Vexed Scans!

See you for the next series dear readers 8)

I fucking love stuff like what showed up on the last page. This series was definitely one of my favorites and I'm happy to have been able to experience it. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics