Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 649votes)

Sengoku Youko

Alt Names: alt 戦国妖狐
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Stop your evil deeds and take the right path!" That is the creed of Youko Tama and her younger step brother, Jinka Sendou. The two demon siblings travel the country to stop the deeds of all evil doers, along with a scaredy-cat swordsman they picked up along the way, Hyoudou Shinsuke. During their travels, they will come across a monk organization with more than suspicious methods and they'll soon be at war.
Go to Sengoku Youko Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic It's been a good ride New Window Arnarinn
  • 3 Replies
Topic Jinnun VS Douren New Window Maiyahii
  • 0 Replies

766 Comments

This series started slow but finished strong. It was a VERY good read and I recommend it for anyone who likes action/adventure stories with a heart. I found the ending satisfying, if a little sad. I keep coming back to this one page (don't look 'till you've read the whole series), it moves me deeply.

Spoiler

omg, just found an absolute tearjerker of a foreshadow

Tsukiko's thoughts from

were played out exactly here

*sob*

I only found it recently but it really makes me want

Spoiler

omg, just found an absolute tearjerker of a foreshadow

Tsukiko's thoughts from

were played out exactly here

*sob*

SO I WASNT MISINTERPRETATING THE BLUSHES SHE KEPT HAVING

8D imsohappy

So who was the wife mentioned in the last chapter?

Spoiler

Spoiler

So who was the wife mentioned in the last chapter?
Spoiler

read final chapter, then read chapter 52 again

http://vatoto.com/reader#235f17a41a54db28_3

http://vatoto.com/reader#235f17a41a54db28_4

mind=blown

this is almost like the same level as sayonaya zetsubou sensei's 7 years warning

i fucking love this author

This is going to make rereads so much better.

Don't pretend we're not all gonna keep coming back to this.

Spoiler

Just like Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer it just manly tears all over again.

I love it. 100/100

I started this series because it was so high rated, and after reading the first few chapters, I was extremely disappointed and rated 3 stars because the story wasn't bad but  wasn't good either and the drawing style sucked (imo) and it seemed very ordinary in general

However, I hate dropping stories and now I'm extremely glad I kept on because the story turned out sooo amazing and also the drawings and basically everything about this Manga is AWESOME

5/5 stars now!

In the end it actually is Sengoku Senya instead of Youko lol... Jinka totally lost his mc position

Jinka was still the stronger one in the end, that's what matters.

Fuck ! Do you not know to not spoil ?
The firsts commentaries are spoils about the end. Thanks a lot !

Sorry for discussing lastest chapter.
Sorry for saying they lived cheerfully that spoiling your dick.
Sorry for not considering ignorant dicks who come to discussing section just to read the lastest comments and expect everything about the story should be put in spoiler tag because they didnt read a damn.
Fuck ! Do you not know to not spoil ?

The firsts commentaries are spoils about the end. Thanks a lot !

"But you should know it'll talk about the end because the series is ended"
Fuck this, I wanted to know a little more about the manga, to read posts which talk of the manga as a all. And I thought people knew how to put spoiler tag.

That's not only for fun they make you tick the box were it is written "I [...] will keep all plot details [...] in spoiler tags"

Then you didn't pay attention to the story. The theme of growing up, loss and acceptance was always a major part of the story. If you've stuck this far and still held out for a happy ending, you didn't pay attention to the story.

Sure, but I never said anything about despair or sorrow. And as for why he wanders, well. That should be obvious.

..?? I said I considered the ending positive (ok well specifically I said not negative) and that the author believes in happy endings.

Senya lived peacefully with everyone he loved until they died. And given that he'll live for much longer, remembering their warmth and continuing to live is the best way to end things. It IS a happy ending. He could easily have talked about his loneliness but he chooses to remember the happy things instead. Plus he does still have Mudo and Jinka for company.

Your earlier comment made it sound like you considered this series ending to be about loss in a negative way, which is what I disagreed with. If that wasn't your intent then I just misunderstood

This is the kind of story you can't put down until the very end. Mizukami's style is fun and brilliant, and I enjoyed every page of this.

Then you didn't pay attention to the story. The theme of growing up, loss and acceptance was always a major part of the story. If you've stuck this far and still held out for a happy ending, you didn't pay attention to the story.

... this series ended happily.

They lived a fulfill life, cheerfully to the last moment, what else you need?

Everyone die at some points. You expect they all die at the same time?

I do agree with the human life being the blink of an eye for a demon part, but I don't think the author meant for it to be negative. I mean, he obviously believes in happy endings there are so many other ways this story could have ended.

And Senya himself even comments how as long as the warmth he has from everyone is still with him, he can continue on however long. I feel it's more like the idea that even people who had left before us still remain with us and even if it's lonely and sad in the moment, the good memories should outweigh the bad. Plus Senya isn't completely alone. He does still have Mudo and Tama and Jinka to keep him company. He's lost a lot of people to the difference in time but I definitely don't think that it was despair or sorrow that made him wander.

Sure, but I never said anything about despair or sorrow. And as for why he wanders, well. That should be obvious.

In the end it actually is Sengoku Senya instead of Youko lol... Jinka totally lost his mc position

Its good, yep.

One of the best read out there, no doubt, and the ending was extremely satisfying.

Now this is how ending should be. 

But I do feel a little disappointed not being able to see the the life of the couples just being couples and living their lives with their children.

That was always implied.

(Ignoring the whole 'what if you get killed'-angle) Demons outlive humans, gods outlive demons; so unless you strictly stick with "your people", you will inevitably cause heartache to someone else.

Take that to the logical post-"all my human friends have peacefully passed on"-conclusion and the result is thus : A human life is a blink of the eye for a demon, so in the end; what demon would give a fuck about what humans do? Cue time skipping ending.

I do agree with the human life being the blink of an eye for a demon part, but I don't think the author meant for it to be negative. I mean, he obviously believes in happy endings there are so many other ways this story could have ended.

And Senya himself even comments how as long as the warmth he has from everyone is still with him, he can continue on however long. I feel it's more like the idea that even people who had left before us still remain with us and even if it's lonely and sad in the moment, the good memories should outweigh the bad. Plus Senya isn't completely alone. He does still have Mudo and Tama and Jinka to keep him company. He's lost a lot of people to the difference in time but I definitely don't think that it was despair or sorrow that made him wander.

Just a spectacular book. Well paced, multi-faceted with a likable cast where even the jerkiest of characters are relatable and sympathetic. Great art and simply compelling and ultimately extremely satisfying and quite funny, too. Thank you, everyone who worked on it.

That said I really felt like the ending was a little... cruel, out of all the main characters only 2 had a happy end, the rest had to watch their friends and family die while the 'main' of the second half essentially ended up wandering the world instead of going back home. The reason for doing so is because he had to watch his loved ones die all around him, hell, everyone but the two fox demons had to have that shitty experience. This story has 1 moral: Being immortal fucking sucks if you love people that aren't also immortal. 

Jesus fuck.

That was always implied.

(Ignoring the whole 'what if you get killed'-angle) Demons outlive humans, gods outlive demons; so unless you strictly stick with "your people", you will inevitably cause heartache to someone else.

Take that to the logical post-"all my human friends have peacefully passed on"-conclusion and the result is thus : A human life is a blink of the eye for a demon, so in the end; what demon would give a fuck about what humans do? Cue time skipping ending.

GOD BLESS THIS MANGA IT WAS PERFECT MY HEART

Awww, how nice! At the series end, it makes it to the Highest Rated list! ^_^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics