Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 63votes)

Kengai Princess

Alt Names: alt 圏外プリンセス
Author: Aida Natsumi
Artist: Aida Natsumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meguro Mito has always been made fun of for her chubby appearance. Her sole happiness is discussing her favorite role-play game with her two best friends. One day, while she is being bullied, a handsome classmate saves her. Is this the beginning of her first love?
Go to Kengai Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

195 Comments

I would've kinda liked it if Ugly-kun had actually turned out to be an ok guy.

Congrats Mito for standing up to him tho

Yea looking at that last panel I couldn't help but think "what exactly are you doing Mito??" (0_o)

After thinking she was going to grab his butt for a moment, somehow the holding his shadow's hand thing, although cute, lacked as much impact LOL.

Lol, that last page, from the angle, it looked like something else...

Grab that ass mito
Lol, that last page, from the angle, it looked like something else...

What a goober.

I all ways look forward to reading the latest chapter every Satuday morning.......

Thank you Dragonee , ( And KuReA for getting the ball rolling on this !)

These past two chapters were fantastic. Believably Ugly Guy is now a fantastic "antagonist."

Yes, he becomes one...
Spoiler

Ok, the jerk shows up his true colors.... but, at any rate, it still remains a pretty good chapter~
Thanks Dragonee!!

One thing that amused me was the movie--quietly calling out those shoujo stories with the rapey male leads that the girls come to like.  Zing!

img000020.png

Well, that pretty much sums up my relationship history.

"The fuck....does this mean?"
I know she probably isn't actually swearing but I really like this translation. Really captures the horror of young (gross and unwanted) love.

These past two chapters were fantastic. Believably Ugly Guy is now a fantastic "antagonist."

Hoe don't do it.

Ladies, if you don't like it, say NO.

It gets interesting again, I guess the best part of this manga is learning about all those "girls thing" and see her struggle lol.

Lol @ that 'Middle Finger Man' on her contact listing.

The hot guy with a shit personality who is secretly OK sometimes is easily my least favourite shojo archetype because its so close to genuine abusive behaviour. If Mito ends up with this loser I'll be so annoyed D; come on Mito!!!

To his credit he's seemed to back off and left her alone instead of pushing the abusive behaviour, so on some level it seems he realized his mistakes. Still, what a dickbag.

SHE STILL LOVES KUNIMATSU-KUN!!! WOOOOOO!! I hope you come back soon <3 

This guy is such a weirdo; he has too much baggage

If I were Meguro I'd stay away from him

The hot guy with a shit personality who is secretly OK sometimes is easily my least favourite shojo archetype because its so close to genuine abusive behaviour. If Mito ends up with this loser I'll be so annoyed D; come on Mito!!!

I enjoyed the new setting. Most importantly, seeing our sweet princess slowly gaining confidence makes me feel so proud. YOU CAN DO IT!

obvs sensei is the cutest lolol look at that blush >///<

I marathoned this yesterday, I started reading it randomly but it ended up being really great. This is one of the "good shoujos" in my book. I thought it was ending or something but I'm glad it's continuing on into high school. And with an (almost) completely new cast, so it really is something of a "fresh start".

Personally, I'm okay with the "new her". She was a much more cheerful social character near the end of the middle school chapters already. Her goofy routine about introducing her name is charming in a way and really shows how she's gotten over the trauma she had at the start. And right from the start, she was always pushing herself to interact with her love interest, this isn't that different. And I like how she only changed from "ugly" to "plain". 

I think a lot of her new energy is actually due to her genuine hatred of "Seiya", primarily because he "betrayed her expectations". Otherwise, I think she'd be a lot more low-key. Well, right from the beginning he wasn't actually a nice guy. He called her "ugly face" in the first chapter.  

Rei's seems like the cliche "nice guy love interest" but he's is never going to be a love interest so it's pretty nice that we are always going to keep that "actually just friends" relationship. 

She ignored the blackmail/secret between the two of her flag in a very offhanded fashion, even though it is such a traditional shoujo flag between a shoujo MC and a bad boy love interest. I hope she continues to ignore as many of these trashy flags as possible.

It's actually a nice turn around from the middle school chapters. Instead of her chasing the guy, the guy is chasing her. I hope she continues to reject him until he starts treating her with some form of respect. 

i have a feeling that actually these people are really the models for the characters in the otome game. And the game maker is one of the female students lurking in the same school fantasizing them...

mmm... I'm pretty sure that actually that's the plot of another manga but I don't remember its name XD
Well, that could have been an interesting development but it seems impossible if you think that they all are freshmen and came from different schools...
Spoiler

Thanks to Dragonee for this pack of chapters ^^

Hi guys, scanalator here. 

Please give the manga a couple more chapters to settle into its new setting! It is a little awkward at the moment! Please bear with me! 

thanks for the positive reinforcement, last few chapters had me cringing >.> but im hanging in there for mito chan!!

While the high school debut has made this series annoyingly cliched at this point, I still really like it. Mostly it has to do with the memory of the previous arcs, how fresh they seemed, and how they built up a better connection to the main girl for the readers. This would be downright boring if we were starting right at the debut with only a few pages dedicated to her past traumas, but as it is, I'm still really interested in Mito-chan and her antics. I still have high hopes that given time, this new arc will prove to offer an interesting take on a played out scenario you can find in almost any otome-game based setting.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics