Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 63votes)

Kengai Princess

Alt Names: alt 圏外プリンセス
Author: Aida Natsumi
Artist: Aida Natsumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meguro Mito has always been made fun of for her chubby appearance. Her sole happiness is discussing her favorite role-play game with her two best friends. One day, while she is being bullied, a handsome classmate saves her. Is this the beginning of her first love?
Go to Kengai Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

195 Comments

welp, if its gon be liek dat, simple

*unfolllowed*

there, with no implication or whatsoever, manga became dull for my taste, i just unfollowed it because it has no more strings on me

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.co

So if the Grim Reaper isn't following this manga any more, does that mean it can never die?

Creepy.

That was not a great chapter to jump back into this series with. Such drama. Such shoujo.

Thanks Rainboots & Co. for your hard work though!

GEH! That was going to very dark realms there. I was about to go slappity-slap on Kanata's handsome face, then kick his balls.

I actually like how the story's developed. Yeah it decided to go into the shoujo cliche route a bit but I still see a strong semblance of humor, writing, and wonderful characters I've loved about the manga.

Personal opinion, I like seeing the development of the characters and their interactions with one another. I'm still invested in what's going to happen even if the audience knows they'll end up together. Part of me wishes they didn't so as not to be a total shoujo cliche, but I'm not against them getting together either. He's already acknowledged her before and during Mito's transitioning, she's cuter now but has retained her personality while growing self-esteem. It's because of those reasons I am actually invested to see this thing through......even though the updates are so FEW AND FAR BETWEEN :(

I want more Kengai Princess dang it!

wow mito x kanata is canon now

and how about kunimatsu? mito is so fast to move on :|

It's what tends to happen when the plot progresses, the story changes.

This is getting ridiculous... The manga is nothing like it used to be in the beginning.

welp, if its gon be liek dat, simple

*unfolllowed*

there, with no implication or whatsoever, manga became dull for my taste, i just unfollowed it because it has no more strings on me

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.co

=snif=  We need MOAR of our Kengai Princess!!!!

This is getting ridiculous... The manga is nothing like it used to be in the beginning.

It's what tends to happen when the plot progresses, the story changes.

wow actual development between the two? D:

I am not so sure about Kanata x Mito because I am still hung up on Kunimatsu...

but I am shipping Shinbei x Komari. Hahaha

Spoiler

25 February 2016 and on........ No new Kengai Princess make Clang go something something......

th?id=OIP.M289ae5f576316a7aa5247c32ab536

Today......

th?id=OIP.Mb01079340b2977b2b0307fff6e4f6

Are we in for a new batch of chapters? Because if the answer is yes then my body is ready.

Honestly, I don't understand the problems with Kanata. I understand he is the classic jerkass with a gold heart trope, but I don't see him as someone so abusive like I see in other stories? He was kind of rude with Mitto at first (calling her 'ugly face' in the beginning) but I think it's more that he is the kind of person who speaks what he thinks, even if it may sound rude. How can I explain... Even if he did call her like that, he still helped her with advices many times (not only one) and like even Mitto said, his words are harsh but mean well.

Also, he never goes too far with Mitto when he is being abusive with her and I like how their relationship is being developed. They are the opposite of each other, but both of them have a kind heart, Kanata just doesn't like showing it. Kanata is part of one of the cliche tropes in shoujo mangas, but I like how he is written and even how Mitto acts towards him. Like someone else said here, it's not the girl chasing him, but rather the opposite- Mitto only "chases" him when she wants to understand him better, but who always tries to start conversations and etc is still Kanata.

Mitto already had her development in the first part. Now is time for Kanata to develop. I think everyone should give him a little more time.

Since I don't recall it being mentioned, I should probably note to everyone that Komari's name (小毬) literally means 'tiny ball' lol.

Volume 6 says that volume 7 is the final volume and it will be released in 24 June. The series will end in March or April in the Margaret magazine.

So, from our current point, there're only 8 or 10 chapters left?
Well, if it was announced in the last volume, I don't think it was axed but, just in case, I hope for the end to be a natural one, just like the one of Koe no Katachi.

Thanks for the chapter, Rain Boots & Co.!!

I'm not doubting you, but where did you see this? Thanks~

http://www.animeland.com/2016/02/25/fin-annoncee-pour-ugly-princess-de-natsumi-aida/

Volume 6 says that volume 7 is the final volume and it will be released in 24 June. The series will end in March or April in the Margaret magazine.

I'm not doubting you, but where did you see this? Thanks~

I think this manga got axed. that's why the romance development kinda feel forced here..

Or, you know, it could still be in development! Just googling the manga's status on mangaupdates can do wonders, saving you up the trouble of looking like a moron.

I think this manga got axed. that's why the romance development kinda feel forced here..

Am I the only person wondering where the heck Mito's middle school friends went? 

If we're going full cliche here I hope they and Kunimatsu come back to save her from the Demon King~

Volume 6 says that volume 7 is the final volume and it will be released in 24 June. The series will end in March or April in the Margaret magazine.

oh come ON is she really gonna end up with jerk-who-is-secretly-nice-guy? >.>

I would've kinda liked it if Ugly-kun had actually turned out to be an ok guy.

Yeah, but it was kind of obvious from the start that he was a jerk.  He was acting kind of dickish from the start, and you could even see it.  If you'd animated those same features with a nice guy's expression, or even say a serious/thoughtful guy's expression, he would have looked quite a bit different.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics