Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

Seriously, No Matter how much the story progressed...without all the 41 members of Nazarick present as if the story were truly sad and lonely. I mean, being a player who spent his time until becoming Guild Master His friends/Members were already leaving and he was there sitting alone .

I wished they return or at the least some of the members were coming back and helped him. Momonga is too lonely to become the MC of this story.

Ainz hasn't been as entertaining since he seems to have completely embraced his role as the litch overlord.  If his human side comes back into the story it could help things. 

Sebas, on the other hand, is much more complex. He is bound to Ainz who doesn't share his alignment and is torn between his loyalty and his good nature. As powerful as he is Sebas' situation makes him far more vulnerable than his other allies.  I haven't enjoyed reading Overlord this much since the early chapters. 

well that was one of the points of the last arc, were Cocytus was to plan and fight against the lizards, the thing with Sebas is interesting and the points he made to Solution were on point but if they were so right, Ainz should be informed - he probably knows anyway - so, it's interesting as you said how his alignment and the creator's influence can affect the mission of the great tomb of Nazrick.

I'm trying to remember, this girl is someone's sister isn't she. 

Spoiler

Ainz hasn't been as entertaining since he seems to have completely embraced his role as the litch overlord.  If his human side comes back into the story it could help things. 

Sebas, on the other hand, is much more complex. He is bound to Ainz who doesn't share his alignment and is torn between his loyalty and his good nature. As powerful as he is Sebas' situation makes him far more vulnerable than his other allies.  I haven't enjoyed reading Overlord this much since the early chapters. 

the thing is... if you center the story completley on Ainz, who's OP as fuck, the story gets boring really fast.

to counteract that the author focuses on other "normal" characters to contrast the ungodly overpowered characters, and to make their entrance, into the events that are unfolding, even more impactful.

IMO op chars are only "fun" if you focus on how the world reacts/changes around them instead of only focusing on them.

just take saitama from One-Punch Man for example, same thing (aside from the parody aspect itself)---> character fights against a strong monster and struggles ---> saitama enters the fray and smacks it across the mouth ---> exploding into mush --->difference between the powerlevels = funny(?)... something like that
if you think about it, Saitama isn't exclusively the center of whatever happens in the anime/manga and the same thing applies to Overlord.

just my thoughts on the matter, make whatever you want out of it.

all of them are op as fuck, even the pleiades are so OP that the strongest warriors have trouble to deal with only one of them.

My god, even I fell for Sebas.
Now I have to read the light novel, anyone know what volume this is?

Volume 5, and 6. This arc span 2 volumes.

That is the third chapter without Ainz so far... When will it return to be good again?

the thing is... if you center the story completley on Ainz, who's OP as fuck, the story gets boring really fast.

to counteract that the author focuses on other "normal" characters to contrast the ungodly overpowered characters, and to make their entrance, into the events that are unfolding, even more impactful.

IMO op chars are only "fun" if you focus on how the world reacts/changes around them instead of only focusing on them.

just take saitama from One-Punch Man for example, same thing (aside from the parody aspect itself)---> character fights against a strong monster and struggles ---> saitama enters the fray and smacks it across the mouth ---> exploding into mush --->difference between the powerlevels = funny(?)... something like that

if you think about it, Saitama isn't exclusively the center of whatever happens in the anime/manga and the same thing applies to Overlord.

just my thoughts on the matter, make whatever you want out of it.

My god, even I fell for Sebas.
Now I have to read the light novel, anyone know what volume this is?
Ah Sebas, stealing hearts like nobody's business

By the way, Episode 1 of Overlord, season 2 was released early and has been TLed and subtitled by NIgel. It is available to stream online at various anime aggregator sites along with a DL link at Nigel's site:

http://overlordvolume10.blogspot.com/

It looks like it is going to be a very interesting season!!!

we can now see a new side of ainz servants that i couldnt imagine they would have. im amused.

Sebas make me wet

Looks like fat man is going trick-o-treating in the wrong neighborhood. He best move along quietly.

Sebas, you are a true man among monsters (of Nazarick).

May your dandiness keep reaching new heights as the underpants of the ladies around you are stricken into moist crises.

That is the third chapter without Ainz so far... When will it return to be good again?

the good thing about this series is that other characters are also important and the story is not all about a single (supreme) being.

How disturbed does someone has to be to seek out a fan fiction over such a being?

Please tell me that you are not one of those bigots who believe that someone who may not appeal to your personal sense of beauty doesn't deserve some love and romance.

How disturbed does someone has to be to seek out a fan fiction over such a being?

a step short compared to the one who created such a fan fiction, of such a being.

Just in case you weren't familiar with it, there is a truly GREAT Overlord fan fiction oneshot that I highly recommend. Someone finally wrote a tale that gives some love to the beautiful Ms. Neuronist Painkill.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12713858/1/Pleasure-and-Painkill

Spoiler

Just in case you weren't familiar with it, there is a truly GREAT Overlord fan fiction oneshot that I highly recommend. Someone finally wrote a tale that gives some love to the beautiful Ms. Neuronist Painkill.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12713858/1/Pleasure-and-Painkill

Spoiler

Can we get more Sebas chapters (Or an arc)? Or could we get more Momon adventures with Narbel? I want overlord to slow down and do a bit of character building instead of rushing through the plot.This is a rich universe and i dont want it to end as soon as this fast pace is leading me to believe is going to end.

Then you should read the LN, hear the CD dramas, special stories from the BD (like the Emissary, Yuri's side story, etc). The manga it's just a bonus.

Can we get more Sebas chapters (Or an arc)? Or could we get more Momon adventures with Narbel? I want overlord to slow down and do a bit of character building instead of rushing through the plot.This is a rich universe and i dont want it to end as soon as this fast pace is leading me to believe is going to end.

Remind me why do they torture people to get out the information instead of just using charm or mind control things which they can?

Y'all creepy lizard humpers need Jesus, Trump, and Guns.

I would hope that people wouldn't be idiots and think that some who called somebody else racist for NOT LIKING FICTIONAL LIZARD PEOPLE was joking, but well, here we fucking are.

This shit sounds like the type of outrage that would go in a Buzzfeed or Kotaku article about anime culture lmao

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics