Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 102votes)

Godspeed

Alt Names: alt ゴッドスピードalt 갓스피드alt God Speedalt GODSPEED
Author: Takabatake Enaga
Artist: Takabatake Enaga
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Akira is one of the children living in the special walled Sanctuary where they are looked after by the Angels. They are told that they need to stay inside the Sanctuary for their own protection or Demons will eat them. When they turn 14, they are taken through a special door which supposedly leads to paradise, but the children who enter paradise are never seen again...
Go to Godspeed Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gotta Go FAST! Gotta go faster and faster and faster and FASTER!!! New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

113 Comments

There's so much evil going around in the world right now and the last thing I want to read is a manga that vilifies angels. I know that this is fantasy but this is just too much. Unfollowed.

I wasn't even the one who put the tag there, I'd imagine whoever did it probably noticed that the boys suddenly went up a few cup sizes when they became angels.

Oh right. Fair point.

Angels being control freaks as always. *sigh* And they try to make the demons out to be the bad guys. What else is new. >.>

Jag thought olivier was a trap. Tag removed.

I wasn't even the one who put the tag there, I'd imagine whoever did it probably noticed that the boys suddenly went up a few cup sizes when they became angels.

How is this gender bender when there is no gender bender at all?

Jag thought olivier was a trap. Tag removed.

How is this gender bender when there is no gender bender at all?

Hmmm, I wonder about 7 sins are exist in demon from, gotta follow this

Well, no fucking wonder Lucifer became a Fallen Angel. These angels are bat shit crazy!

So... We will finally see a good Lucifer in this manga? I'm hoping..

They should just get together and start making Nephilims, and then kick everyones asses.

Well, no fucking wonder Lucifer became a Fallen Angel. These angels are bat shit crazy!

If chapter 4 was the last chapter then it would've ended well, but since it didn't, we'll have to see how it ends. 

this series ended on chapter 10.

If chapter 4 was the last chapter then it would've ended well, but since it didn't, we'll have to see how it ends. 

young jump is seinen? well, if thats the case than it might explain why this story ended after 10 chapters. it isn't a bad enough story to worth the axe, but if it doesn't fit the target demographic than nothing can be done.
than again, i wont be suprised if out there there are stories who survived outside of their most fitting audiance simply because of ow good they ware.

Any magazine with "Young" in the title is seinen, since that's technically what seinen means and they're weird with English. Godspeed was actually published in Miracle Jump though, which is basically a monthly Young Jump.

That said, the series wasn't canceled. It was one of the most well-received series in the magazine (almost half the chapters had color pages and it got an actual poster with chapter 3), and it was by a (within the magazine's audience) well-known author who always writes oneshots and short series, meaning there's very little doubt it was always planned to be two volumes.

It was published in a seinen magazine, and is therefore seinen regardless of its content.

young jump is seinen? well, if thats the case than it might explain why this story ended after 10 chapters. it isn't a bad enough story to worth the axe, but if it doesn't fit the target demographic than nothing can be done.
than again, i wont be suprised if out there there are stories who survived outside of their most fitting audiance simply because of ow good they ware.

why is this a seinen? so far its shounen. i hope that next chapter there would be a new development, like a plot reveal that justify the angels cruelty or something, because otherwise its just generic rebelious phase shounen, something that i had enough of, thank you.

It was published in a seinen magazine, and is therefore seinen regardless of its content.

Will this get an anime adaption?

I can't help but to love the angel's they are way too cute to hate them * 3*

Eeeeh... I beg to differ. They're performing torture rituals on completely pure children whom they've raised for years. It doesn't matter how cute they are.

I can't help but to love the angel's they are way too cute to hate them * 3*

The series is complete with 10 chapters.

Only 10? :/ Dang......

why is this a seinen? so far its shounen. i hope that next chapter there would be a new development, like a plot reveal that justify the angels cruelty or something, because otherwise its just generic rebelious phase shounen, something that i had enough of, thank you.

oh wow, this is pretty good.

LET'S GO.
...hope we can reach a satisfying conclusion within the next 7 chapters, though...

I think this needs a gender bender tag now that we know

Spoiler

It's not even close to original, even for manga.  Plus it also depends on your level of evil, are we talking full on "destroy the world just because we can evil" or "kill an innocent to save the world evil"?

saving millions of innocents by killing one innocent person isn't evil... but letting countless die just because you aren't willing to dirty your hands might be.

Sometimes you  need to do harm to reach a good conclusion; however you need to make sure that the harm does not overshadow the good.

I don't think this manga is original, but angels as evil isn't as overused as you make it out to be.

EDIT

there is a line between 'evil' and 'wrong but not outright evil'. while the exact location of that line is up to debate, the mare existence of it isn't.

as far as i am concerned, only stupidity (and by extension, madness AKA 'evil for the sake of evil') is evil.

ignorance isn't evil, unless it is by choice. ppl can do wrong out of ignorance, but as long as they are willing to listen to the voice of reason they aren't evil.

15a0502169.pngEven the angels don't seem to like this.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics