Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.13 - 259votes)

Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari

Alt Names: alt 白の皇国物語alt Legend of the White Kingdom
Author: Shirasawa Inui
Artist: Fuji Mayu
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremHistorical HistoricalMecha MechaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Having lost his money, lover, and future, a man who has given up on everything finds himself reincarnated in the kingdom of Altodestenia. He, Lectival, has no memories prior to being saved by Meriela, the daughter of an aristocrat, and now finds himself rising up to save the kingdom in its current crisis.

adapted from novel

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/398000038
Go to Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

394 Comments

another one for the harem pile

FFS Don't stack them like that! The ones in the bottom will get squashed and start rotting.

Im very confused by the first chapter. Is this a sequel? The author jumps straight into the story and seems to expect the reader to know who everyone is in the first chapter.

Ok, I think I'm finally hitting my limit here, this manga is more random than a film done by M Night Shyamalan, we went from some exposition scenes the last chapter straight to jumping into a church through its sky lighting dressed like a ninja, WTF IS GOING ON!!!

That wouldn't be odd. The king/regent is so far separated from his people that he might as well be more akin to a symbol or icon (this is going to be generally true for many offices). Unless you're an avid follower of your governor or city mayor, it's quite possible that you won't recognize them in casual clothes and sunglasses in the park or a random store. Paparazzi is probably going to be able to pick out a disguised celebrity, but the average joe schmoe won't.

Yeah, but in this story, being "white" is a unique trait of the ruler that everyone knows. They've been going on about this "white" thingy from the first chapter.

The defining feature of the king is his white hair, but I guess a simple face mask covering only his mouth will totally hide it.

That wouldn't be odd. The king/regent is so far separated from his people that he might as well be more akin to a symbol or icon (this is going to be generally true for many offices). Unless you're an avid follower of your governor or city mayor, it's quite possible that you won't recognize them in casual clothes and sunglasses in the park or a random store. Paparazzi is probably going to be able to pick out a disguised celebrity, but the average joe schmoe won't.

The defining feature of the king is his white hair, but I guess a simple face mask covering only his mouth will totally hide it.

Lect is obviously saving his dragon waifu for last. He'll just plow everyone in his way until she's good and ready for him. Though he has to diversify a bit. Already got a woman of the cloth...well I suppose this one is of the rank and file variety and probably of the chaste kind so definitely of a different spice!

In history, the chance for those traitors is low since most of minor followers would be fear the dead to their entire clans. Also, even if the traitor uprising together, it is a good chance to wipe out all of them, there are some leaders who do that. And if you want to keep the lesser evil in check, keep them in low position, not as prime minister, that will just give him more power and time to create another plot with his authority. Also, again, it will courage others will revolt in order want a higher position like the Prime Minister, that is the most stupid and less "perfect" method in your term to do.

You'd need a mind reader to do that in reality, and ambition is a part of human nature, and do you know where said traitorous nobles will get their fodder for each uprising? keep in mind you've already had one uprising and now have another in this hypothetical, you've eradicated both the traitors and their armies that have been conscripted, how many times can a leader play whack-a-mole with their country before it's dead on its feet, plus the quality of life is in the shitter, and if we're talking medieval times than your weakened land is now being eyed by your neighbors, and lo and behold the cycle repeats.

Ok, I know what's happening, but at the same time I don't now what's happening, and I can't sympathize with any of these characters I'm seeing for the first time lol

It would be like if someone walked up to me in the middle of town and just started talking about all their problems, and I'd just be like "who the hell are you?"

I think whoever said this is similar to a Michael bay film in the comments a while back had the right of it, I'm still going to skim through each chapter though.

Oh for fuck's sake at least try to differentiate the character designs. Why would you make the nun look identical to the stupid archbishop aside from her hair being a little curlier? I know the source material is shit, but can the artist at least make an effort?

inb4 the shitty WN literally describes her with: "identical to the stupid archbishop aside from her hair being a little curlier" verbatim.

Oh for fuck's sake at least try to differentiate the character designs. Why would you make the nun look identical to the stupid archbishop aside from her hair being a little curlier? I know the source material is shit, but can the artist at least make an effort?

Or it will make them unify even more and then cause another uprising with ridiculous amounts of collateral damage, better to accept the presence of a lesser evil that you can monitor and keep in check, then start another stupid civil war, and he just started stabilizing his power base, so like I keep saying it's not perfect and whatever road he decides to take is still going to be filled with risk lol

In history, the chance for those traitors is low since most of minor followers would be fear the dead to their entire clans. Also, even if the traitor uprising together, it is a good chance to wipe out all of them, there are some leaders who do that. And if you want to keep the lesser evil in check, keep them in low position, not as prime minister, that will just give him more power and time to create another plot with his authority. Also, again, it will courage others will revolt in order want a higher position like the Prime Minister, that is the most stupid and less "perfect" method in your term to do.

another one for the harem pile

This was an okay chapter. It kinda dwindled off a bit towards the end and I would have enjoyed the change in atmosphere of actually killing the familia, but... Hey, not to shabby.
MidoriKitzune
May 07 2017 10:47 PM

...just oofff with they're heads... wtf wast that lenient punishment!

Still many better than not only let them live, but also give them a favor or high-rank position in your court, it will just encourage other ones rise against the king with simple think "he will spare their lives and give them good jobs on their favors".

Or it will make them unify even more and then cause another uprising with ridiculous amounts of collateral damage, better to accept the presence of a lesser evil that you can monitor and keep in check, then start another stupid civil war, and he just started stabilizing his power base, so like I keep saying it's not perfect and whatever road he decides to take is still going to be filled with risk lol

So if no matter what you do as a leader, your still going to have traitors in your midst, just trip whatever trap they make on purpose and take out the trash to discourage others like I said there is no perfect solution, haters are gonna hate, and betrayers are gonna betray.

Still many better than not only let them live, but also give them a favor or high-rank position in your court, it will just encourage other ones rise against the king with simple think "he will spare their lives and give them good jobs on their favors".

With the people in this series with that period, which lack of mass media and educated. Large or most population of locals still loyal with their former lord and will support any plan of their lord's plans, Despite, the mc reorgarnized the army into national army, there will be still many officers among it's rank loyal to nobles and willy join Coup d'état of the nobles. In reality, many Coup d'état in modern time come from national army by the military officer themself or from the noble/king behind them if the king want to overthrown the president/ prime minister who is elected by people.

So if no matter what you do as a leader, your still going to have traitors in your midst, just trip whatever trap they make on purpose and take out the trash to discourage others like I said there is no perfect solution, haters are gonna hate, and betrayers are gonna betray.

I think most everyone know by now, that this author's way of showing off the MC's wisdom is to randomly grab something out of his arse then scream genius.

No argument there, that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the shiny lasers and cool smoke machines though :P

I really shouldn't have to say this, but there is no perfect solution when it comes to people, especially politics, and it's called the "carrot and stick" lol

You also have to consider that regular people in that time period aren't that educated (despite all the weird-ass leaps in technology and culture this series is showing, but all of that can be explained with magic tbh), so they would easily fall victim to methods of deception that most people in modern times would consider simplistic, I mean most of us would respond to a pathetic political maneuver like that, by yelling "Bullshit!" and proceed to tell them where they can go fuck themselves .

I think most everyone know by now, that this author's way of showing off the MC's wisdom is to randomly grab something out of his arse then scream genius.

I really shouldn't have to say this, but there is no perfect solution when it comes to people, especially politics, and it's called the "carrot and stick" lol

You also have to consider that regular people in that time period aren't that educated (despite all the weird-ass leaps in technology and culture this series is showing, but all of that can be explained with magic tbh), so they would easily fall victim to methods of deception that most people in modern times would consider simplistic, I mean most of us would respond to a pathetic political maneuver like that, by yelling "Bullshit!" and proceed to tell them where they can go fuck themselves .

With the people in this series with that period, which lack of mass media and educated. Large or most population of locals still loyal with their former lord and will support any plan of their lord's plans, Despite, the mc reorgarnized the army into national army, there will be still many officers among it's rank loyal to nobles and willy join Coup d'état of the nobles. In reality, many Coup d'état in modern time come from national army by the military officer themself or from the noble/king behind them if the king want to overthrown the president/ prime minister who is elected by people.

In history, there are some traitors were spared from death sentence, but they simple plan another rebellion or make other loyal servants (who want the traitor death) doubt the king authority and untrustable, thus make the court unstable. Mercy is not divined method to gain their loyal, that why most of punishment for traitors in history are death, or banishment is the most mercy for them, no one offer traitor to the high rank seat, in East Asia proverb, that is "grow a warps under your sleeve" (it will sting you someday, not help you). Even in modern days, no country want to mercy a traitor and even re-hire he/she to be their prime minister.

mind games bro. if you always start with mercy, they won't feel indebted to you. you start with something harsh, look decisive, then give them a hangman's knot. when it seems like they've accepted their fate, undo the knot and give them the rope. it would look as if you've shown them more mercy than they deserve. you gain everyone's admiration while the threat of the being executed lingers so people won't rebel. win-win for everyone.

In history, there are some traitors were spared from death sentence, but they simple plan another rebellion or make other loyal servants (who want the traitor death) doubt the king authority and untrustable, thus make the court unstable. Mercy is not divined method to gain their loyal, that why most of punishment for traitors in history are death, or banishment is the most mercy for them, no one offer traitor to the high rank seat, in East Asia proverb, that is "grow a warps under your sleeve" (it will sting you someday, not help you). Even in modern days, no country want to mercy a traitor and even re-hire he/she to be their prime minister.

IT STARTED GREAT BUT NOW... its so f*cked up i dropped it at chapter 45... neh... im really surprised i got to chapter 5 kek~ :o

His brain got fried by that sword and turned him from a character into part of the setting.
Haha remember first girl? White Dragon princess that saved his life and educated him? That he formed a rider contract with and married? That is the only reason he's sitting on the throne in the first place? Yeah, me neither. Time to fuck my secretary and a loli priestess lol.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics