Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.13 - 259votes)

Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari

Alt Names: alt 白の皇国物語alt Legend of the White Kingdom
Author: Shirasawa Inui
Artist: Fuji Mayu
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremHistorical HistoricalMecha MechaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Having lost his money, lover, and future, a man who has given up on everything finds himself reincarnated in the kingdom of Altodestenia. He, Lectival, has no memories prior to being saved by Meriela, the daughter of an aristocrat, and now finds himself rising up to save the kingdom in its current crisis.

adapted from novel

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/398000038
Go to Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

394 Comments

What a religion when your high-priests are total sluts. Don't even play the rape card since the drugs hadn't kicked in and she was totally feeling guilty about fucking him.

Because the church/religion gained almost the same power as the leaders of a country. If the church falls, the country falls. But if the country falls, that doesnt necessarily mean the church/religion falls. Best example would be the USA. Originally, they created a seperation of church and state. But now that they used religion in politics, they cant take it out any longer. If religion falls, its gonna take down politics/country with it. But if politics/country falls, religion would be fine without a scratch. If you wanna save your country who has a strong church/religion from crumbling because of said church/religion, make the church look white even if its black.

I don't think the US is the best example considering how unpopular every candidate in the primaries was with religious folk. Consider the fact that Henry VIII went as far as creating the Anglican church just to make his divorce ordained by God. I would argue that the church is stronger than any state or monarchy in a religious society because outside of the modern era, religious institutions have outlived their founding nations and banded many together against common enemies.

There's one flaw though. Lectival isn't simply a monarch, he's a reincarnation/gestalt of all the previous kings. He's more divine than any bishop or cardinal. He's closer to older concepts of divine kings like the Pharaohs, Japanese & Chinese Emperors, and the idea that many ancient Grecian & Roman cities were actually founded by heroes descended from gods. It wouldn't be difficult to place himself as head of church & state.

Somebody explain this chapter to me? I honestly can't follow. So you rescue temple priest then cover up for her mistakes, threaten her with her sister's life, and for some reason this helps with preventing a revolt?

Because the church/religion gained almost the same power as the leaders of a country. If the church falls, the country falls. But if the country falls, that doesnt necessarily mean the church/religion falls.

Best example would be the USA. Originally, they created a seperation of church and state. But now that they used religion in politics, they cant take it out any longer. If religion falls, its gonna take down politics/country with it. But if politics/country falls, religion would be fine without a scratch.

If you wanna save your country who has a strong church/religion from crumbling because of said church/religion, make the church look white even if its black.

Somebody explain this chapter to me? I honestly can't follow. So you rescue temple priest then cover up for her mistakes, threaten her with her sister's life, and for some reason this helps with preventing a revolt?

Religious ally nation from faraway land is planning a big time "controlled" coup and plan to declare another religious war at capital,
The priest sis think she's smart enough to stop this all by herself
by making her own decisions and plan to persuade her former partner, the partner is the leader that want to initiate coup was her former lover that has fallen so low and double crossed her by raping her on the spot and decided that he will control the coup personally

Being a good smart azz master planner, she even plan her own death if something went wrong that prevent her coming home in time for antidote, lectival noticed this and decide to protect her own sister in law's and her temple's honor by making the whole operation to nulify coup via midnight military training

Lectival explain why he need her and her temple alive after the whole shenanigan and etc

Basically its about a bitch with too much power and influence think of a master plan, to be a big time under hero, got screw up mid way and almost ruin the country

What boring nosense this manga has become.

Will they drop the manga now or will they read one more chapter? OMG so much dramah, can't wait to see who quits next.

Let's be honest. This series has lost a lot of it's initial interest months ago. Anyone posting in these comments is probably locked into reading this no matter if they think it's good or bad.

So wait she betrays him and then gets upset that he has changed? Seriously...

Yep, pretty much what I kept thinking all chapter.

Will they drop the manga now or will they read one more chapter? OMG so much dramah, can't wait to see who quits next.

So far we've heard only his version of the story, which is just an interpretation of what actually happened.

This manga is bad,
plot is also very bad,
yet, I still must read.

A short haiku by me. Like, I dropped Domestic for a while because of the melodrama, but I might drop this one of of sheer horridness.
Now a rape chapter? Ugh.. this manga is starting to get boring... guess ill stop reading this or not? Well gotta check next chapter to decide :0

>See new chapter

>Chick I forgot existed is in it

>Oh she met some knight guy she knew

>more political intrigue

>Suddenly he reveals he's locked the door

>He wants his pound of flesh if you know what I mean

>herewegoagain.jpg

>Good thing I took poison

>fades to black

Anyone else tired of this story now? I'm not going to say that I'm upset because we're adding rape to the story. I'm just tired that we can't really have a single chapter where some member of the harem, or satellite group, isn't the focus. I liked it better when we were fighting at Briggs. At least that was fun.

ok so they're just gonna make rape a thing in this manga now, that never ends well.

I think I've figured out what my issue is with this manga.  Its that all these otherwise accomplished and talented women feel that the only/ best way for them to achieve their goals is to sleep with the MC.  Its like a freaking harem manga.

Ummm... sorry to be that person, but it has "harem" as one of the tags, lol. And quite honestly harem is alright, it's just how the women are barely competent and only "exist for MC-kun" is what pushes it too far. There's no dimension to em.

MC is a man-whore. Everyone is smashing him except his wife.

I think I've figured out what my issue is with this manga.  Its that all these otherwise accomplished and talented women feel that the only/ best way for them to achieve their goals is to sleep with the MC.  Its like a freaking harem manga.

The plot is paper thin. He just won a decisive battle against a giant empire that they are still at war with and he has the full backing of the central church, the army, and the biggest noble families. How is their still political infighting when we have yet to meet a single character who isn't in love with him?

People are greedy selfish idiots. So of course there are people giving lip service and plotting to take over. Not to mention the mastermind of the very first plot still has not shown him/herself. Not to mention other countires will try to entice him with women or other things to gain his power..

The plot is paper thin. He just won a decisive battle against a giant empire that they are still at war with and he has the full backing of the central church, the army, and the biggest noble families. How is their still political infighting when we have yet to meet a single character who isn't in love with him?

Meh, that manga is more shoujo/josei than anything

Not at all. The art style just isn't the moeshit you're used to.

Anyways I've always found the "king's secret love affair with his longtime strategist" cliche to be a particularly hot one, so her being a wife is a bummer for me. Like all the rumors about the two of them and the intrigue, combined with the deepness of a brother-in-arms relationship that transcends a traditional romance.

Seems he's just tearing through the girls one after the other now. Sucks for the actual wife that called dibs on him first. He wouldn't even kiss her on the eve of a major battle.
I guess Lectival couldn't wait to enter the Maiden's "shrine". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wow so many butthurts... wonder why...

Ok, so Lect is actually just going through his harem now right? We got a fade to black I know what that means.

OK, how did Reide go from prospective bodyguard/assistant to wife?  I mean yeah he slept with her, is that all it takes?

I know my feminist self is not the target audience for this manga, but that's a bit much.

Meh, that manga is more shoujo/josei than anything, so it sounds like you're the target demographic. After all, most of the real "characters" thus far are women. With motivations, fears and longings, while the men are much like the MC. Just mostly there in flesh but with the impact of a wet firework.

So if you enjoy stories about women struggling and achieving things, etc... Then as long as you can get past the art, that sounds like the story for you.

Also about the concubine thing... Well to summarize immensely, when a king bangs a woman he either makes her a whore or a queen. Of course in real life you could have ministers and nobles opposing the thing, but with the magical loli fairy that's not an issue. Also she is the daughter of a war hero so that's not bad prestige-wise. So yeah an unorthodox choice in real-life even more considering the army is the one power in your country that's the more susceptible to overthrow you, but not the most stupid choice ever. Or the most tupid thing MC did in this arc.

But yeah, banging a king and him legitimizing your thing usually makes you a concubine at the very least. If you're in an absolute monarchy, then yeah getting the guy with absolute legal and executive power on your side is literally all it takes.

I know my feminist self is not the target audience for this manga, but that's a bit much.

is your "feminist" self suited for anything but feminist propaganda?

The "wife" part is almost certainly just what everyone else thinks. I'm pretty sure nothing has happened that made her a "queen" in his eyes. hence why some folks are debating the topic.

on that note, white dragon isnt distressed because king got another wife, if you paid attention. it is customary for all 4 fucking dragon clans to send a bride. and seeing as how literally every 5 chapters theirs mentions of conqubines, her "marrying" him should be a blatant sign of "i know youre going to be woth other women" because lore'n'shit.

that being said. white dragon isnt upset by his potental sleeping with other women, just her lack of ability to stop dragon-slayer-princess, and in turn putting her loved one in danger.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics