Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 506votes)

Taiyou no Ie

Alt Names: alt Ang Bahay ng Arawalt たいようのいえalt Evdeki Güneşalt House of the Sunalt 태양의 집alt La Casa del Solalt La Casa del Solealt Rumah Mataharialt Солнечный дом
Author: Taamo
Artist: Taamo
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: “Back in the day, that place was a house filled with magic—a place where you ended up smiling even if you were crying. Surely, an invisible wizard must have lived there. Or so I thought.”

What’s a young child to do when her mother leaves her father for another man? Or when her father remarries a woman who brings along a child from a previous marriage? Or when her childhood neighbor friend invites her to live with him?

~ Most chapters have been removed due to DMCA notices ~
Go to Taiyou no Ie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Taiyou no Ie New Window Swifft
  • 6 Replies
Topic Taiyou no Ie official discussion New Window Valcherion
  • 23 Replies

833 Comments

That was lovely, but it's getting to the point where the great little extras are mostly just reminding me that it's over.  To which my reaction is pretty much like hers at the end of the extra . . . 

(does the nakamura sigh) Haaaaa I'm too addicted to this manga... I'm getting withdrawal...

Pfft. "A House Without Girls" is such a perfect title for that extra chapter. The lethargy of a male-only household that's recently just had its one female (and non-familial) resident leave is portrayed so well.

Daikiiii!!! Kyaaa!!!

...Ahem, nice extra. I was missing this series already. Too good. Yeah.

why am i not satisfied? it seemed so short. so this is greed

Spoiler

It's great to see the extras of this beloved series. Thank you for all the hard work, Maigo! :)

She was exactly the type of girl you thought she was...except better :P

On a side note, Mao makes an adorable Tinkerbell. She would probably make an adorable anything tbh.

This has always been a beautifully drawn series but the last two chapters were exceptionally gorgeous. I'll miss it so much :'(

One of my favorite manga has ended. It was fun!

I thought it was about to get axed but actually no. Can't wait for the extra chapters!

Favorite page pls.

Spoiler

a spin-off manga will start serialization next issue. The first part will be about Radical.

Well, it's not exactly a new spin-off beginning serialization so much as extra chapters being released. 

This series redeemed the shoujo genre in my eyes.

Everything was good, from beginning to end. Man, I can already feel the nostalgia kicking in. I'll miss Mao, Hiro and Daiki.

To the scanlation groups that brought this beautiful story to us, thanks a bunch for the hard work! Deeply appreciated!

a spin-off manga will start serialization next issue. The first part will be about Radical.

I'll miss melting into a puddle from now on.

God. Damn. Sweet. That's why I love Taiyou No Ie so much, the characters are very honest with themselves, just the kind of people you'd want to know and be friends with.

Also the sweet oh sweet plot. This kind of stories reminds you about how human relationships are meant to be. <3 Mao is a lovely, lovely girl, but all of the characters are just that too. :'3

I'll miss this.

Well, personally, I hope there won't be a long time skip in the extra chapters. This manga doesn't really need it, because I feel it leaves us with a peace of mind concerning the characters' future. I don't really have to see much more (I'd be satisfied with some fluffy sweet content without much plot).

Also, I'm really tired of authors making their female characters cut their hair short in time skips. I'm really scared it might happen to Mao too, and I don't want it.

Man this manga has been a ride. I can't help but feel a bit empty inside after having followed this manga for a few years :(

a great ending to a great series. brief, yet satisfying. memorable characters that you genuinely care about and want to see grow. a shining example of the genre imo. 10/10

This didn't get axed, did it?

Couple of lose ends with Mao's story. Hopefully the extras fix these.

giphy.gif

Not spectacular, but pretty decent on the whole.

extra chapters yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ <3

Final chapter's out, and it's a clear, sunny day. I'll take this as my cue to binge the chapters I saved up. Judging from the flood of happy, tearful comments here, it looks like I'm gonna be in for a few feels.

What a warm and fuzzy feeling of contentment this series has left me with.. Glad to see that the title of the series was worked in so heavily into the last chapter. May the sun shine bright and clear over the Nakamura household for years to come.

Thank you Maigo, for introducing this gem to us. May we see more delightful series from you in the future.

I drink my coffee with 3 sugars, after reading the last chapter I drink it black from now on. That's how sweet this story is.

Thanks Maigo scans!

Woot! Promised  extra chapters!

Maybe graduation. 

And wedding. :)

And their kids playing...and bringing home some other kid whose parents are always fighting. ..

I Love you Ma(ig)o

Well, this was a good ride.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics