Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

Manga is allowed to end after this one. Maybe an epilogue, but it really could end here and I'd be satisfied!

The effin feels. Especially the panels where his mom was shown or referenced. Just amazing.

Dang nice Arc... Made me Cry... and also, that End in the title made my heart skip a beat.. ^_^ <3

then again, if the story actually ended here (with epilogue or some sort next week to tie the loose knots) i won't complain. would still be a great ending to me.

Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Spoiler

this last fight is one of a few moments, when a sport manga at its best!!

Holy shit. It happened, guys. It really happened.

There's a tournament arc that's AT LEAST as good as the Dark Tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho. I hope this gets animated, I don't want to die before seeing this arc.

Dang nice Arc... Made me Cry... and also, that End in the title made my heart skip a beat.. ^_^ <3

I got goosebumps reading the end of the chapter. I was cheering for Ushio out loud to the point where my landlady was asking me if I was all right. I'm so happy words fail me!

Almost every chapter of this match ended with "next week, the conclusion". Next week, Hinomaru will counter Kuze's moves. Next chapter, Kuze will counter Hinomaru's.

God dammit.

Jesus, the description of this manga should just be changed to: "You want hype?..... WELL HERE'S HYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE"

On another note, I wonder if any publishers here will ever license this manga...

As long as it's not Yen Press.

Jesus, the description of this manga should just be changed to: "You want hype?..... WELL HERE'S HYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE"

On another note, I wonder if any publishers here will ever license this manga...

Holy shit the tears are too much.

Like holy shit that thing with Kuze's mother and Onimaru's grandparents was too much sadness.

You want to respect both contenders, because they both worked crazy hard, while being made fun of the entire time.  Just because you are given a great body, and your parents might have skills, doesn't mean you don't work ridiculous hard yourself, mostly to allow your parent to keep gaining respect through your achievements and to not dishonor your parents by failing.

Kuze worked so hard himself, it's just not really shown.

I don't know why, but reading the last 2 chapters my tears came down, must be some ninjas cutting onions... T_T

This is a good match

Who are you saying needs someone to prove themselves against?  Each of the 3 already found someone, so all 3 are going to go pro.

If they need to "prove themselves" why would they stay in highschool, when their skills are far beyond that?  That makes no sense at all.

There's no point in adding a "super freshman" to the mix either, as that's Kuze, and it would be stupid to have someone else all of a sudden pop out of nowhere.  That already happened with the Coach.

Of course he's going to win, then he's going pro, this is what I've been saying....

My post was in reference to this sentence of yours.

I'm not sure why he cannot get in the other 2 years but, that's what the claim in the manga was.

I took it to mean, that you think Hinomaru can prove himself to be proworthy in the next 2 years of his highschool time. Did I missunderstand you? If so, my mistake.

If not, Kuze and Tennouji are going to leave highschool sumo after this year. They are the only ones powerful enough, for a victory against them to mean, that Hinomaru is worthy of being a pro, even at his small stature. He can't do it in the next 2 years, because he would have no equal.

So, yeah, storywise Hinomaru is going to win. Skillwise... well, as he said after his victory against Tennouji: Tennouji was and is stronger than him. Still he won. I think that is the same here. Kuze surpasses Tennouji and Hinomaru in the sum of power, technique and body, but that still doesn't mean Hinomaru can and will beat him.

The reason he wouldn't be able to is that he needs someone to prove himself against. THIS generation is exactly that, his chance to proof himself. Hinomaru said as much in the beginning of the arc.

So no, the match will have a definite outcome. Before I knew, that it would continue, I saw a slight chance for it to be Hinomarus final loss, but now he is going to win, hands down.

Who are you saying needs someone to prove themselves against?  Each of the 3 already found someone, so all 3 are going to go pro.

If they need to "prove themselves" why would they stay in highschool, when their skills are far beyond that?  That makes no sense at all.

There's no point in adding a "super freshman" to the mix either, as that's Kuze, and it would be stupid to have someone else all of a sudden pop out of nowhere.  That already happened with the Coach.

Of course he's going to win, then he's going pro, this is what I've been saying....

Please delete. Thanks.

I think you missed the point where Kuze is going to go Pro, Tennuji is going to go pro, and any chance Onimaru has of going pro with his small body will be lost.  IT's alreadfy been mentioned taht he HAS TO WIN HERE in order to go pro, or else all chances will be lost.

I'm not sure why he cannot get in the other 2 years but, that's what the claim in the manga was.

The reason he wouldn't be able to is that he needs someone to prove himself against. THIS generation is exactly that, his chance to proof himself. Hinomaru said as much in the beginning of the arc.

So no, the match will have a definite outcome. Before I knew, that it would continue, I saw a slight chance for it to be Hinomarus final loss, but now he is going to win, hands down.

Well I mean Onimaru was (and is) an amazing new freshman until the end of this year. They've also already keyed in several characters with strong growth potential throughout the series.

I figure it'll be something like Onimaru looks like he wins and injures himself or something, but the judges rule a tie so he has to replay the match but can't because he's injured. Hence, S2 with Onimaru still being acknowledged by Kuze as a strong rival but not able to make it to the pro stage yet, letting him set up to utterly dominate in the 2nd year. Rather than have Onimaru grow, he'll take on sort of a Mutou from Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru role and just help everyone else grow and be an utter badass when the team needs him.

I think you missed the point where Kuze is going to go Pro, Tennuji is going to go pro, and any chance Onimaru has of going pro with his small body will be lost.  IT's alreadfy been mentioned taht he HAS TO WIN HERE in order to go pro, or else all chances will be lost.

I really hope that isn't the case.... I mean... Are we really expecting there to be some sort of amazing new "Freshman" that enters the fray vs Kuze/Onimaru?

The biggest players have already entered the stage, and since some of them are graduating, I believe that the other 2 (Onimaru/Kuze) will be going pro off the bat.

I hope we see familiar faces throughout the pro circuit though.

Well I mean Onimaru was (and is) an amazing new freshman until the end of this year. They've also already keyed in several characters with strong growth potential throughout the series.

I figure it'll be something like Onimaru looks like he wins and injures himself or something, but the judges rule a tie so he has to replay the match but can't because he's injured. Hence, S2 with Onimaru still being acknowledged by Kuze as a strong rival but not able to make it to the pro stage yet, letting him set up to utterly dominate in the 2nd year. Rather than have Onimaru grow, he'll take on sort of a Mutou from Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru role and just help everyone else grow and be an utter badass when the team needs him.

Heck, just saw that next week it enters "Season 2", so I'm guessing the author plans on going through all 3 years of high school. Wonder how long until the anime....

I really hope that isn't the case.... I mean... Are we really expecting there to be some sort of amazing new "Freshman" that enters the fray vs Kuze/Onimaru?

The biggest players have already entered the stage, and since some of them are graduating, I believe that the other 2 (Onimaru/Kuze) will be going pro off the bat.

I hope we see familiar faces throughout the pro circuit though.

Thanks for the info, mate.^^

Heck, just saw that next week it enters "Season 2", so I'm guessing the author plans on going through all 3 years of high school. Wonder how long until the anime....

Dat bitchslap tho

I didn't see enough to learn any spoilers, but yes this does continue past this fight and is still ongoing as of the most recent chapter.

Thanks for the info, mate.^^

for some reason i assumed this fight would be the ending but HMMM. THAT WOULDN'T BE ANY GOOD, WOULD IT. he has to become Yokozuna!! so altho Dachi High will be bye-bye, i guess it'll be all solo bouts with old and new faces in the pro world? i could look at spoilers but i think i'll just quietly wonder. if i had any concerns, it would probably be over how them skills will grow and develop. i'm not a fan of super-power sports series, personally >u>;;

Nah, still a long way to go

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics