Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 219votes)

Yumekui Merry

Alt Names: alt 夢喰いメリーalt Dreameater Merryalt Merry Comesueñosalt Merry Nightmare
Author: Ushiki Yoshitaka
Artist: Ushiki Yoshitaka
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yumeji Fujiwara is your ordinary adolescent boy, but 10 years ago he noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the persons body which he looks upon through his fingers. Every so often Yumeji has dreams about a war with cats, but one day a girl fell on top of him.... what will happen now with his incoming feline enemies?

Spin-off:

> Yumekui Merry - 4-koma Anthology
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/yumekui-merry-4-koma-anthology-r8252)
Go to Yumekui Merry Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

508 Comments

If this turns into NTR I swear to fucking god

IT'S ALIVE!!! 'A')/

Which part was this scene again?

It's from chapter 3 iirc.

It has nothing to do with "personal definitions" and everything to do with your own "personal" vocabulary. "Red" means "gun", "blue" means "light animals on fire" and "green" means "murder children", anything anyone else says be damned.

I'm wrong? Well, I wouldn't know since you have you own "personal definition" for "wrong".

Fine then. Let's be boring and just use dictionary definitions then, since in your world, everyone should apparently thinks in the exact same manner, and understands abstract concepts the exact same way, illogical me excepted of course. Let's ignore the fact that different words have varying connotations between regions, time periods, and peoples' personal backgrounds and experiences.

According to merriam webster: 

satisfaction - a happy or pleased feeling because of something that you did or something that happened to you

entertainment - amusement or pleasure that comes from watching a performer, playing a game, etc.

If I were to extrapolate, eternal entertainment would have the exact same definition, except it would be "eternal amusement or pleasure" instead of just amusement or pleasure.

Please tell me again about how these two are mutually exclusive.

So his power is to make dreams come true? Heh.

Why did that seem so badass?

Because it was.

Why did that seem so badass?

It finally happened!

yumeji_doe_chaser.JPG

Which part was this scene again?

To the people that were hoping he would do Chaser.
He did that faster than I ever thought he would.

It finally happened!

yumeji_doe_chaser.JPG

KarchAmadeo
Feb 05 2016 05:22 AM

CA0QhkP.gif

Finally he's doing something other than sucking!

Spoiler for the long reply:

Spoiler
On the topic of wish granting:Having all of your wish instantly granted is like playing a game with full cheat on. Easy-peasy but there's hardly any satisfaction.There's only short-lasting self-entertainment with it.

I'm sorry for the long comment, I'm on mobile, I'll edit later when my laptop's back,

For that spoiler of yours, I already recognized that not all wishes are good in my previous comment,
But these kids' reasons were not even touching on that topic, that's what I'm criticizing,

And on that topic of the difference berween eternal dream and unanimated being,
Why should there be a difference between us and them in the first place?
Does not being human make you any less than what you are now?
What proof is there to make you think this is not some kind of The Matrix world where our 'real' selves are sleeping which makes THIS world an eternal dream?

You're asking about the point of living, but unless you believe in the existence of intelligent design, there is no point of living,
Then the point of living we believe is just some self-made arguments to make us feel better

Depends on your personal definition, I guess. I think of them as more of a cause-and-effect thing, where entertainment usually produces satisfaction, though not necessarily so. I should have specified that my definition of entertainment involves pretty much anything that stimulates, which could be the good feels you get from completing some task, exercising, eating good food, etc. I would have said eternal stimulation but it sounds kinda lewd. The problem with entertainment is that all satisfaction derived from it is short-lived, but that wouldn't be a problem if there was a guarantee of perpetual/eternal entertainment. It's very possible that this will turn the person in question into some sort of immortal Lotus-eater (because eternal and the fact that you can't entertain something that's dead), but I don't think a Lotus-eater has ever wanted to not be a Lotus-eater.

I tacked on the satisfaction part because otherwise the wish may end up providing entertainment of variable quality, which is what real life is anyway.

But on second thought, it would be more straightforward to just wish for satisfaction, or happiness.

It has nothing to do with "personal definitions" and everything to do with your own "personal" vocabulary. "Red" means "gun", "blue" means "light animals on fire" and "green" means "murder children", anything anyone else says be damned.

I'm wrong? Well, I wouldn't know since you have you own "personal definition" for "wrong".

Hoo boy, next chapter be like

17it5xv64tvibjpg.jpg

Satisfaction and eternal entertainment are mutually exclusive.

Depends on your personal definition, I guess. I think of them as more of a cause-and-effect thing, where entertainment usually produces satisfaction, though not necessarily so. I should have specified that my definition of entertainment involves pretty much anything that stimulates, which could be the good feels you get from completing some task, exercising, eating good food, etc. I would have said eternal stimulation but it sounds kinda lewd. The problem with entertainment is that all satisfaction derived from it is short-lived, but that wouldn't be a problem if there was a guarantee of perpetual/eternal entertainment. It's very possible that this will turn the person in question into some sort of immortal Lotus-eater (because eternal and the fact that you can't entertain something that's dead), but I don't think a Lotus-eater has ever wanted to not be a Lotus-eater.

I tacked on the satisfaction part because otherwise the wish may end up providing entertainment of variable quality, which is what real life is anyway.

But on second thought, it would be more straightforward to just wish for satisfaction, or happiness.

Yumeji just became badass...again!

Aw shit. His ahoge became a super ahoge.

Super ahoge god super ahoge

It's going down!

im yelling "timber!"

It's going down!

Cliffhanger intensifies!!!

Aw shit. His ahoge became a super ahoge.

It's about to go down

Spoiler

I like how casual ice dude is about dollgirl running away

Spoiler for the long reply:

Spoiler

On the topic of wish granting:

Having all of your wish instantly granted is like playing a game with full cheat on. Easy-peasy but there's hardly any satisfaction.
There's only short-lasting self-entertainment with it.

Like that back story of the angel people in heavens lost property

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics