Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 110votes)

Ookami-heika no Hanayome

Alt Names: alt 狼陛下の花嫁alt 狼陛下的花嫁alt His Majesty Wolf God's Bridealt Ookami Heika no Hanayomealt Wolf King's Bride
Author: Kauta Mato
Artist: Kauta Mato
Genres: Comedy ComedyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuurin, the daughter of a low ranking government officer, came to the royal palace after hearing of a job with higher wages. However, that job is to act as the bride of Haku Reishou, who is feared as being the ruthless and heartless "His Majesty, the Wolf". In the royal palace where conspiracies swirl, after learning His Majesty's secret, Yuurin ends up stuck being his temporary bride...?!
Go to Ookami-heika no Hanayome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Main heroine name New Window Anderson_CZ
  • 2 Replies
Topic Raws/Translations New Window fallen_angel
  • 1 Replies
Topic Why no Anime New Window madhouse007
  • 5 Replies
Topic Translation New Window Tristan Kho
  • 3 Replies
Topic What happened on the bridge in Ch11 of Wolf King's Bride? New Window MathiasonThe5th
  • 5 Replies
Topic chapters 8 & 9 New Window Zia
  • 1 Replies

192 Comments

YAAAAAYYYY!! It's back! OMG these two are so cute! I wish they would talk properly.

And... wtf, Minister Ryuu? Keep talking like that to Yuurin and my fist will show your face who doesn't know whose place.

After reading ch 47, I wouldn't mind reading a manga just with the cute little bunny and wolf chibis. They look so adorable. 

Hiatus! I was in Japan and traveling too much. I am now back in the US and we should have three chapters coming your way shortly :)

Thank you so much for the chapters! I really do enjoy this series.

By the way, that illustration of the rabbit bravely putting her chin on top of the sleeping wolf was adorable! XD

Hurrah!  Many thanks.  Let the dance proceed another step or two forward, step or two back.

Hiatus! I was in Japan and traveling too much. I am now back in the US and we should have three chapters coming your way shortly :)

Much appreciated. Thanks!

"How about we take this consort job a step further?"

Seriously, Yuurin, didn't you imagine more things after hearing THAT? She's too practical and hard-working for her own good. On the other hand, that's what a soldier-king may like, especially one who hated the vanity and superficiality of the previous reign.

Lost interest? Lost their translator? I see singinglupines is still at least coming here, but there's been zero activity on the Tiramisu & Strawberry blog since late June or so......yeah, who knows.

It's been almost 6 months since the last update. What happened? T_T

Lost interest? Lost their translator? I see singinglupines is still at least coming here, but there's been zero activity on the Tiramisu & Strawberry blog since late June or so......yeah, who knows.

It's been almost 6 months since the last update. What happened? T_T

if that's what a part time job was back in the day i don't even wanna know what a full time job looks like

Well...in those times what was needed from a consort was an heir.

Now that you mention it, doesn't the old geezer talk about that issue time and again? It's played for laughs, but the series doesn't forget it either.

Since all that's been revealed or explored in the last arc, I must admit I'm curious about Yuurin's court ladies. The staff has been severely reduced and there's no shortage of young noble ladies wanting to be near the king, although they can't, yet Yuurin has always around her a group of servants or "ladies-in-waiting", as the manga calls them. I'd want to know more about them.

Thanks for the chapters!

Well...in those times what was needed from a consort was an heir. It didn't matter if she was 30 or 13. So I really like this fantasy style setting and hope that it will never take to much of this slice of reality.

Being lukewarm isn't always a bad thing. One can sleep better that way.  :batoto_031:

"Behold the sight of a panicking Yuurin!"

It's interesting to see the part-time bride face the other court ladies. After all, she was hired to shoo them away from the king. This makes me appreciate Kouju more, she's the only friend Yuurin has in that pool of sharks.

And I like the author took time to explain how a normal inner palace would work and why the current situation is so strange. Kouju is like the readers, wishing for a happy love story, but her brother's words were wise. Their father isn't being a villain, he just follows what was normally considered the best path in those times. Of course, this is a manga and love will conquer all, but a bit of historical reality never hurts.

Oh goodness, I didn't look at the picture at all XD It's definitely not lavender. It's sweet osmanthus aka keika apparently. Corrected, thanks! We have some blooming by my school here and it's so strong! My teachers couldn't remember the name, but now I can tell them!

Osmanthus and lilac flowers look very similar! Thanks :)

JUST SAY I LOVE YOU TO EACH OTHER ALREADY!!!!! GAAAAAAH!!!!

(Sorry. I lost my temper)

About chapter 45: that's actually lilac, not lavender. Sorry, that's been bugging me every since I first saw the blossoms...

Thank you for these 3 new chapters!^^

Oh goodness, I didn't look at the picture at all XD It's definitely not lavender. It's sweet osmanthus aka keika apparently. Corrected, thanks! We have some blooming by my school here and it's so strong! My teachers couldn't remember the name, but now I can tell them!

About chapter 45: that's actually lilac, not lavender. Sorry, that's been bugging me every since I first saw the blossoms...

Thank you for these 3 new chapters!^^

Do one of you know other manga in the same type ? If yes pleaaaaaaseeeee tell me the names.

what @elecninja said, and also "Bride of the Water God"

Edit: "Saiunkoku Monogatari" is similar, girl ends up as the king's concubine (it's also an anime)

Do one of you know other manga in the same type ? If yes pleaaaaaaseeeee tell me the names.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/takane-to-hana-r15628is pretty nice.

Yeah I think so too.

Right before one of the best chapters! Argh, I can't wait!

This is one of the problems with written media.

Particularly in English.  Many other languages have a lot less ambiguity in how their letters sound.  Korean may be the best for that--I understand that it's actually quite difficult to make a spelling error in Korean if you know how the word sounds; each letter has one sound, each sound has one letter.  Carefully designed to be that way.  But even Spanish, for instance, is a lot better than English which is really one of the worst languages for that kind of problem.  Comes from being really two languages scrunched together with chunks of a couple others squished in (Anglo-Saxon, French, Norse, Latin, plus bits and pieces).

Main job promoted from 'Temp Consort' into 'BAIT'!! hahaha

I think it might be more of a cultural thing. In the US, seeing Yuurin, you might think it's pronounced "yur-in" which sounds like "urine". It's not going to be automatic for everyone in every place to know it's "yoo-rin". So I don't think it's a matter of being "crazy" or not. When you see the name Puyallup how do you pronounce it? If you've never heard it's proper pronunciation, you might be tempted to try "Poo-yal-up". I could call you "crazy" for that, but honestly, how would you know if you've never heard it before? This is one of the problems with written media. Something that one person takes for granted as one way, can be interpreted in potentially thousands of different ways by others. It's very interesting.

No US resident who isn't a dipshit would see 2 u's next to each other and pronounce them as one.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics