Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 76votes)

Gojikanme no Sensou - Home, Sweet Home!

Alt Names: alt 五時間目の戦争alt Dernière heurealt War in the Fifth Hour - Home, Sweet Home!
Author: Yuu
Artist: Yuu
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "The youth ensemble of love, food and war..."
Go to Gojikanme no Sensou - Home, Sweet Home! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

104 Comments

Saishuheki Kanojo had the same peacefulness and then  world despair. So far it doesn't seem like heading for that much despair but a shitty situation, like the one about world government and El Dorado (forgot the title).

Although the mangaka did really well for wolf children, this manga falls short of that..

His approach on this "invisible looming war" that hangs in front of everyone's head feels kinda fake, even unrealistic setting of who's gonna die/injure/missing next

He could have just taken out the "war" aspect and just did a decent high school romance manga

I think the feeling of falsity is intentional. Their homeroom teacher's behavior, the talking stuffed animal, and the seeming importance our the runner MC and female cook MC all reflect on the strangeness of this war torn setting and the contrast of the children's peaceful island life as being somehow constructed to some, likely nefarious, ends. Sekizen's (Glasses-kun's) doubts about the war, his investigations, and his theories, including those about the sky pillar and the possibility that the war has already been 'lost' all lend to the possibility that something strange is happening on the island and that this story, "Home, Sweet Home", feels like a farce not because the story is poorly told but rather because the story is so excellently told and the mysteries are being slowly unfolded before us.

This reminds me of Afterschool war Activities... But not as dark (so far at least).

Its interesting how she refers to her dead lover as ex-boyfriend rather than boyfriend.

Ha, geddit? His leg is wounded and he's lame. It's funny because you're lame when you can't walk right. Ha, puns are funny. Jokes are the best when you explain them.

Don't explain the joke!

"I'm so lame."

Ha, geddit? His leg is wounded and he's lame. It's funny because you're lame when you can't walk right. Ha, puns are funny. Jokes are the best when you explain them.

Thanks for the chapter Substitute Scans & Fallen Syndicate.

I'm suprised considering how the set up is kinda dark yet no casualties for the classmates as of yet. Funny how the guy got his leg wounded while the glasses guy is completely is unharmed.

Although the mangaka did really well for wolf children, this manga falls short of that..

His approach on this "invisible looming war" that hangs in front of everyone's head feels kinda fake, even unrealistic setting of who's gonna die/injure/missing next

He could have just taken out the "war" aspect and just did a decent high school romance manga

I like how we have a manga story at first, then, unexpected topology. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PretzelTransformation.html.

What I don't understand is why not sending all the students all at once, and why send them back? If it was introduced in the beginning then I don't remember. Also  whats up with the two rings anyways? and the moving talking bunny? This seems like cheap tricks a magician does, the rings behind the back and pulling them apart, and the talking/moving bunny would be ventriloquism. 

1. This is time of war and on the losing side, the one tell them about enemy will be the experienced soldier while there is no training. My old math teacher who is an ex-soldier in Vietnam War tell us that he survived as a new horn because he followed and mimic an old strong looking man in his squad.

2. More meat wall more better.

3. What do you give them then? Between useless gun + indifferent morale and useless gun + crumble morale, what will you choose as your soldier?

No, I think the point is more that there is a lot of mysteries going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. There was a scene which suggested this manner of sending the students as soldiers was forced upon the teachers by the 'invaders', or that this method of sending the students out to ward is part of some greater purpose; the center of which being our two students that are not allowed to fight.

Remember the talking doll?

kids, this is how you made a death flag:

Spoiler

never try this at home, except if you wanna die xD

I enjoy the sense of melancholy this series has. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the whole series is a prelude to a rather bittersweet epilogue of one or two of the characters surviving all this and reminiscing on the past.

Also, best bro triggered the ultimate death flag for himself. This is going to end very poorly indeed.

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The enemy are "aliens" so they prepare rookies by not telling them what they're going to fight.

"What is that? Lemme get a closer lo-*splat*"

"SHOOT IT!"

"NO DON'T! Your guns are useless against it! We just gave them to you to lure you into a false sense of security!"

1. This is time of war and on the losing side, the one tell them about enemy will be the experienced soldier while there is no training. My old math teacher who is an ex-soldier in Vietnam War tell us that he survived as a new horn because he followed and mimic an old strong looking man in his squad.

2. More meat wall more better.

3. What do you give them then? Between useless gun + indifferent morale and useless gun + crumble morale, what will you choose as your soldier?

when stuff is tough go back to music

A few reasons come to mind (no actual spoilers if you've read that far, just lenghthy speculation):

Spoiler

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The enemy are "aliens" so they prepare rookies by not telling them what they're going to fight.

"What is that? Lemme get a closer lo-*splat*"

"SHOOT IT!"

"NO DON'T! Your guns are useless against it! We just gave them to you to lure you into a false sense of security!"

I thought the cook would be a ditz, and ultimately unimportant, but. . . I like her. 

She's the best.

... also the soldier that explains to reina in the mainland about the monster...WHY THE HECK DIDN'T HE EXPLAIN THAT IN THE SCHOOL TO ALL! >_>

A few reasons come to mind (no actual spoilers if you've read that far, just lenghthy speculation):

Spoiler

So: They send the children to the front, and if they survive an encounter, they ship them home?

Sort of "survive or die" in some sick weeding-out process? Brrr! That's scary!

No, I think they just don't have enough people to carry out operations, and the Island is right next to the front so a short boat trip allows them to send them home after each mission.  I don't think the military are "weeding out the weak" or anything like that,

Spoiler

Also, I assume that those who make it back will be selected to go another week, at least until the war "ends."  It's not likely a one-time thing were once you "pass" your "safe."

So: They send the children to the front, and if they survive an encounter, they ship them home?

Sort of "survive or die" in some sick weeding-out process? Brrr! That's scary!

Still, a lovely story all around. Now I must check for other works by Yuu...

'barely anyone has seen the "separated ring of wisdom" and come back alive' - it may be cuz the aritimetic information is too much and normal people's brains can't take it and ends up exploding? that or only street magicians who knows how the trick works aren't impressed by it and doesn't die by seeing such awesomeness...

Getting strong After School War Activities vibes.

Getting a Bokurano vibe...

Probably cause they will become adam and eva? Chapter 5 and still nothing is explained, 1 or 2 kids going on a mission doesn't explain anything, also the soldier that explains to reina in the mainland about the monster...WHY THE HECK DIDN'T HE EXPLAIN THAT IN THE SCHOOL TO ALL! >_>

If I know that I am being forced to fight with that kind of monster, I would rather die by punishment in island than go into that hell.

So, why wasn't the guy not able to go? I can understand the girl since she has siblings she needs to take care of, like that one woman said, no new children have been born. Without the sister to take care of the children they would die or something along those lines, but what about the guy? Is it because he is popular??? GOD DAMN IT THE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE.

Probably cause they will become adam and eva? Chapter 5 and still nothing is explained, 1 or 2 kids going on a mission doesn't explain anything, also the soldier that explains to reina in the mainland about the monster...WHY THE HECK DIDN'T HE EXPLAIN THAT IN THE SCHOOL TO ALL! >_>

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics