Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 36votes)

Chrono Monochrome

Alt Names: alt クロノ・モノクローム
Author: Isomi Jingetsu
Artist: Isomi Jingetsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inubuse Kuromu aspired to be King in Chess, he was so skilled he represented Japan in the World Youth Chess Championship at age 11. However, due to his loss to a mysterious, wolf-like player, he developed a condition where he can't sit in front of anyone?! Because of this condition, he stopped playing Chess and chose to solely focus on his studies until his fingers break. Three years since his loss, while desperately still holding onto his title as 'King' through internet Chess, he meets an incredibly strong opponent. This game…starts his tale to become King.
Go to Chrono Monochrome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

73 Comments

On a side note the queen should had been 53 y.o. and suffering from smallpox aftereffect ~

The mangaka took "One Night In Bangkok" to heart. 

Thus, the fix to make the story more exciting. 

On a side note the queen should had been 53 y.o. and suffering from smallpox aftereffect ~

In  this manga, please tell me who is the real protagonist. It's kinda confusing...

I mean, we have Kampelen and the the guy who time travel (dont even remembered his name)... I kinda think that Kampelen is the MC here not the "Guy who time traveled"

So please tell me, who will i be rooting for?

There's not always one single MC in a story..

Well, it look like i would let this slip for a while, the premise is not as much amazing than i thought it was.

P.S. I hate the MC being manipulated (idk if he is the MC or not)

In  this manga, please tell me who is the real protagonist. It's kinda confusing...

I mean, we have Kampelen and the the guy who time travel (dont even remembered his name)... I kinda think that Kampelen is the MC here not the "Guy who time traveled"

So please tell me, who will i be rooting for?

http://websunday.net/backstage/isomi/
Isomi Jingetsu said that the next chapter is the final chapter (chapter 47). The last volume will be the volume 5. The series's cancellation was decided in summer.  :(

Not sure if I should be sad about this... I thought the series was a bit interesting in the beginning, but after the timetravel (Why is a japanese person able to speak german?) and the introduction of the Turk (Am I the only one who was reminded of Mechas when I saw Kurumo's "Cokckpit"?) my interest dropped...

If it's the 18th century...w-why is there...a

Spoiler

It's obviously a time-traveling spanner.

If it's the 18th century...w-why is there...a

Spoiler

http://websunday.net/backstage/isomi/
Isomi Jingetsu said that the next chapter is the final chapter (chapter 47). The last volume will be the volume 5. The series's cancellation was decided in summer.  :(

Well, we have another eccentric chess expert who sits oddly on a chair, maybe it's not an uncommon thing.

lemme guess, the sarifices were to get his rear pieces out of the way to put the queen in the corner, the king's locked behind a wall of his own pieces (aka corridor checkmate).

Why did Constantinople get the works? 

Why did Constantinople get the works? 

that's one scary callus or blisters...

Page 24 and 25. God, their hands are disgusting.

Spoiler

Well. Maybe he wanted to play against himself because there was no one better. But anyway all this about playing in desk and time travelling already can make someone crazy. So i wont be suprised if he going to be some chess maniac who rape minds of his opponents :D

Spoiler

omg youre right...i wonder what happened or what kind of trauma he have to face in the past for his hair to turn white like that...now this is getting very interesting
Spoiler

Did you know? Monochrome defines something that only uses black and white colors. Traditional chess only uses black and white pieces. That's why the title is Monochrome Monotone. Mind = Blown

Well Then.

Insta Followed.

So. . . his hair turns white at some point, then he goes Back to the Future and plays himself, causing his own phobia?

*Monochrone Monotone* I wonder where this could be headinggggg

So much fujoshish plot.

Feel like it is going to turn out that he is the Turk machine.

You was right, it seems.

This is really goofy but I'm curious to see where it goes with this plot.

ah good. finally a chess manga. something i know how to play. not shougi or go

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics