Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 158votes)

Mayonaka no X Giten

Alt Names: alt 半夜的X仪式alt 真夜中のX儀典alt Mayonaka no Cross Methodalt Midnight Cross Method
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Bareisho
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hiroki has a plump NEET Shut-in for an older sister, which leads him to always think "It's better to be a girl!"

While taking care of his plump lazy self-centered sister Yui, he has finally had enough of her behaviour, and snaps at her. Griping about his plump sister, Hiroki mutters "I wish we weren't related", and accesses a mysterious website address.

The website claims to allow you to enter the body of another person, as long as you are willing to make your own body available as well. Skeptical, Hiroki tries the service and winds up in the body of popular idol Mikuriya Mikuni.

While spending time as Mikuni, Hiroki is involved in finding out a secret about her he'd rather not. At the same time, when seeking to go back to his own body, the person occupying it tells him something outrageous has just happened!

What happened to Hiroki's body during the incident? And what is the idol Mikuni's big secret? Be witness to the suspense as these mysteries pile up!
Go to Mayonaka no X Giten Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cleans for chapter 3 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cleans For Chapter 1 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies

378 Comments

The sister is still in the fridge... Just a reminder

Just from that chapter, this whole manga could have easily been about idols alone.

I'm just going to take a guess and say X is...

Spoiler

Motive? It would have definitely been to see how much Hiroki really loved her.

Plus, do you see that smile? Definitely not an ordinary woman. I have no doubts that she was the one who replied to him on his blog(there was a comment the moment he published the post). 

also one more thing, isn't it confuse for you people ??
sachi swap his body with someone who can't move his body but how can someone who can't move his body put that body swap paper in his forehead ??

Later chapters reveal two of the eight participants. They knew about the event beforehand, and arranged for one to be restrained before putting the paper on his head.

once i drop this manga because the mangaka is the same as shinigami-sama ni saigo onegai
yeah, it's that manga that ended so bad, it doesn't tell the reader who is the real killer.

but then realization struck that : what if mayonaka x giten is shinigami-sama ni saigo onegai's sequel??
because body swaping magic will explain a lot of unanswer thing in shinigami ni saigo
for example, what if someone use somebody else body to kill his family? which one redeemed as guilty by shinigami?

And dont foget both has murder framing, a novel bout that murder, and also a bedridden character
What if this X, is the same as that manga X

also one more thing, isn't it confuse for you people ??
sachi swap his body with someone who can't move his body but how can someone who can't move his body put that body swap paper in his forehead ??

The one hole in their reasoning may be:

Spoiler

Maybe I'm just tired right now, but when X says she came to the right answer ... what exactly does that mean?

Spoiler

You know, now i'm starting to think that X is actually Mikuni's friend, she was supposed to change bodies with Mikuni but didn't, and so our main character ended up in Mikuni's body...(no this is not my real reasoning, just an example, merely an example, also,it seems the author is forgetting that the death of the Kirishima's was not the first of all X crimes.)

Of course, they'd never kill a main character that is a cute girl.

You are sorely mistaken, Yamaguchi Mikoto has 0 qualms about killing off his characters.

Of course, they'd never kill a main character that is a cute girl.

B.S. motives can always be made up on the spot in manga; nothing is really impossible.

As long as it goes with previous events, its true that anything goes.. With the introduction of double personality skill it can be prettymuch anyone and the most insane, yet logical, murderer would be an already dead person who got introduced ages ago and most would be unaware about.

Spoiler

People were right about the class rep being involved, I'm gonna go on a limb and say you're correct to. But only because it's in the authors modus operandi, He never finished his last mystery series about a boy being accused of killing his sister and their parents, but it looked like he was leading to the revelation that the wheelchair bound mother was the killer. Honestly I can see this being wrapped up in 5 chapters, nee san is the killer and was crazy the entire time. 

What would be the motive then?

B.S. motives can always be made up on the spot in manga; nothing is really impossible.

Spoiler

What would be the motive then?

I agree. That would be my first guess too.

I think it may be really a good hint . 

Just sum it up :

-You can put your soul into a teddy bear(or any item depending of your cross)

-there is tones of ability unknow ... (even the hero)

-A strong sister becoming a neet ? Seriously , there is a dark side here ...

-no test on the corps , using regular drugs can really help the plot here (she could be really used to cross stuffs: Select regular 7 menbers and the brother for the bloody date/ take some sedative just before crossing ,be the first there and take the only door you never seen before ). Tadaaaaa you are now in a perfect spot to do the job , once finished , using a doll or whatever to escape...

Spoiler

I agree. That would be my first guess too.

Spoiler

... I really like this series so far. But somehow the pacing is getting to me; it's going by a little faster now, and I feel like finding out who X really is will be just the tip of the iceberg.

I love that you love Cephei's love for how there's a love triangle now.

Boom! Our love triangle for love triangles is complete!

My axe senses won't stop tingling and it's making me want to cry.

I feel it coming on too, things are accelerating quickly, feels like this could go two ways. X really is the killer (axe) or X was there but didn't kill his sister (keep going). I'm just prepping for an abrupt ending, sucks because the author just introduced an interesting new weirdo and he hasn't fully fleshed out hiroki and miku's love. 

My axe senses won't stop tingling and it's making me want to cry.

I love your love for how there's a love triangle now.

Quick! We need a third person to make a love triangle love triangle!

I love that you love Cephei's love for how there's a love triangle now.

Sachi's letter and the fact that "higher-ups" have allowed shooting him to death mean that X is the idol's friend or her father?

Lmao. I love how there's a love triangle now.

I love your love for how there's a love triangle now.

Quick! We need a third person to make a love triangle love triangle!

That new character is so sexy...and weird...

Someone on another forum pointed out something about the current chapter:

Childhood friend = Anno Shion.

Girl detective at the party said her name was = Aono Shin

Take the O from Shion and put it in Anno... Aono Shin. :)

Well, I for one did not catch that until you pointed it out.

i can't believe the class prez turned out to be such an embarrassing character... but, of course, i'm sure we all knew all along who "aono shin" was.

AND THE END OF THAT CHAPTER. WHAT?? THIS ISN'T AN INCOMING AXE, RIGHT??

Given how the authors last mystery series ended, I wouldn't be surprised.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics