Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 46votes)

Himizu

Alt Names: alt ヒミズ
Author: Furuya Minoru
Artist: Furuya Minoru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Every day in Japan, 2500 people die due to any number of causes. Do you think you'll be one of the ones to die? No, of course not. Do you think you'll win the lottery? You'd like to think so, we all would. But Sumida is different. He wants the status quo to remain in every way; live a normal life, get a normal job, have normal kids, never to be anyone fortunate or unfortunate, content in normalcy. Anyone who doesn't agree is foolish, doomed to live their life scraping up a mountain that they can never conquer, fated to die in despair wishing things had been better.

When his mother kicks his father out of the house and onto the streets, he thinks he'll be fine. When his mother leaves him to live with her boyfriend, he makes the best of it. When he realizes that he's no longer average, he strives to make his life worthwhile the only way he knows how. When the demons in the back of his mind speak to him, he tries his best to ignore them.
Go to Himizu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

77 Comments

Well, his message was directed at those who read it, not guys like you.

What he said.

Just lose that last page. I at least hardly ever read it, and if I do, I skip everything except the first two or so paragraphs.

So, considering that it's a bothersome effort for you and not even appreciated by the readers (i.e. me), I'd say it would only be natural to leave it alone.

Well, his message was directed at those who read it, not guys like you.

Anyway, only 4 chapters remaining. In the beginning I wasn't sure if I like this manga or not. But now, I really like it.

I tell you, coming up with stuff for this page is harder than it seems.

Just lose that last page. I at least hardly ever read it, and if I do, I skip everything except the first two or so paragraphs.

So, considering that it's a bothersome effort for you and not even appreciated by the readers (i.e. me), I'd say it would only be natural to leave it alone.

Visit Deadbeat-Scans' facebook page to easily keep in touch with our releases http://on.fb.me/1frwq0K

I'll have to disagree slightly. I never saw this as a very focused manga on a central plot and such. Moreso it was a character study in how this main character reacts in all these situations he's put in with the psyche he has. I enjoy it's sporadic, meandering nature because that's how much of his life is. Occasionally violent, contradictory and confused even when he's decided on something.

I find it fascinating, honestly.

So sad that this went to sh!t around vol.3. Feels like the author went into some mental breakdown and had no idea the manga´s direction. I doubt this can be saved, but I´m holding my finger it will be good.

Thank you Deadbeat Scans, if it weren´t for you, I would never have had the chance to read this, even if I dislike it right now.

It is indeed as you say. Too much focus on his way of thinking, psychology and his inner demons. The ending was a little nonsensical and disappointing too.

So sad that this went to sh!t around vol.3. Feels like the author went into some mental breakdown and had no idea the manga´s direction. I doubt this can be saved, but I´m holding my finger it will be good.

Thank you Deadbeat Scans, if it weren´t for you, I would never have had the chance to read this, even if I dislike it right now.

As someone who’s worked on scanlations before, I’ve never understood those cravings for signs of appreciation and gratitude. And cleaners doing this for themselves? Yeah, sure, because it’s not like having to spoil the story for yourself by cleaning untranslated RAWs is ruining the experience or anything. Sheesh ...

Just a quick question: Who pooped in your cereals, man?  I should've mentioned: only SOME feel that way, mostly translators. And yes, I only agree with you on 10% of what you spouted here: I don't really care about constant signs of appreciation either, I just want to get the series out. But as much as I don't give a crap, I have to consider my colleagues, otherwise I'm just a selfish asshole. And if the cleaner can't understand Japanese, yes, he does work for himself. Even if you spoil yourself with the RAWs, you can't understand a single word of what they're saying, which changed the whole experience. Yes, I'm talking from experience.

As much as I want the credits pages to contain only general knowledge, some of the writer's personality slips into the text. I will have to cut down on everything that goes on that page. That stuff takes as long, if not longer than the whole chapter takes to edit (cleaning and typesetting) and I have people shitting on my day for it. >_>

As someone who’s worked on scanlations before, I’ve never understood those cravings for signs of appreciation and gratitude. And cleaners doing this for themselves? Yeah, sure, because it’s not like having to spoil the story for yourself by cleaning untranslated RAWs is ruining the experience or anything. Sheesh ...

thanks for all the hard work you put in .

Sure, anyone can typeset given some time to get used to the software, but how many can do it right, without taking a long while to finish chapters?

More people than there are people who can get good at redrawing well and quickly. Again, I don’t want to diminish the importance or difficulty of typesetting but he hyped it up quite a bit - certainly more than is reasonable.

Typesetting is only easy if you don't put much effort into it... Same with every other aspect that goes into scanlating manga.

Anyway, I'm really glad this series was picked up considering I just started reading it and I would've been bummed to see that it was dropped halfway. Looking forward to the rest of the last volume.

Psh, typesetting is the easiest part of scanlating manga by far ... well, unless you replace all Japanese SFX with custom English ones.

It really depends on the series, actually. It's the same with cleaning, redrawing or translation. You can have a series with a complicated font scheme and very few hard redraws or you could have the opposite. You can have both or none.

Sure, anyone can typeset given some time to get used to the software, but how many can do it right, without taking a long while to finish chapters?

Psh, typesetting is the easiest part of scanlating manga by far ... well, unless you replace all Japanese SFX with custom English ones.

Thanks for the release, Deadbeat Scans!

It probably won't mean much to you (me being just a random casual reader...), but I haven't noticed anything bad about the typesetting or scanlation at all- it's a really smooth reading experience.

Keep up the great work!

:)

Halfway there, finally. I've been reading this since SnoopyCool went belly up, it'll be nice to finally finish the story and see what becomes of this poor idiot.

its seriously fucked up but ITS REALLY GOOD. MC is da best i've seen in a while, he makes this manga so interesting. Wanna see much much more. Thanks for scanlations

i;d put warnings on 

guro manga  alright, i don;t think it is neccesary at this one 

well, whatever.

like the manga. 

Why are you posting warnings? It's not even your content.

warning page on the chapter: I saw this warning and I was thinking it was a good idea, I know younger kids who read manga a lot. That being said the warning page is at the end of the chapter so I didnt notice it till i finish reading it, can you move it to the first page instead of last?? I dont think it will stop anyone from reading it anyways....

Yes, I've been meaning to put the warning page first, but forgot and the chapter got released by the time I remembered.

But then again, this IS a seinen series, right? Batoto warns you before reading that "The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised."

I don't even know if it's possible to change the chapter. I should investigate further.

EDIT: Alright, it's fixed now. someone2040 was kind enough to reupload the chapter after I repaired my fuck-up.

warning page on the chapter: I saw this warning and I was thinking it was a good idea, I know younger kids who read manga a lot. That being said the warning page is at the end of the chapter so I didnt notice it till i finish reading it, can you move it to the first page instead of last?? I dont think it will stop anyone from reading it anyways....

Mr.Hobo...Why?

What's with Chazawa? Has she gone through a similar experience before?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics