Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 40votes)

Baki Dou

Alt Names: alt 刃牙道alt Baki Dōalt Baki's Pathalt Baki's Wayalt Baki-Doualt The Way of Baki
Author: Itagaki Keisuke
Artist: Itagaki Keisuke
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Baki is bored. After the conclusion of the epic battle between father and son, he continues to fight in the underground arena and train nonstop, but he always has to suppress his yawn caused by the overbearing boredom. No amount of stimulus or danger can bring excitement to him at this point.

Now, with the inclusion of the Prime Minister of Japan in the loop, a massive cloning project is attempting to clone Miyamoto Musashi, one of the fathers of martial arts in Japan. Another fight of historical proportions awaits Baki!

Order:

1-Baki the Grappler (1991-1999) 42 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/grappler-baki-r2434)

2-New Grappler Baki (1999-2005) 31 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/new-grappler-baki-r2432)

3-Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre (2005-2012) 37 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/baki-son-of-ogre-r2974)

4-Baki Dou (2014-?) 10 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/baki-dou-r11920)
Go to Baki Dou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion thread New Window MoterCrozz
  • 6 Replies

226 Comments

the shivers running down to my spine...

Baki is to martial arts what Prince of Tennis is to (duh) tennis.

All I know about Prince of Tennis is that the dinosaurs were made extinct by tennis balls.

And I've just realized that the constant use random non-sequiturs out of nowhere makes Baki the Family Guy of fightin' mangoes.
Poor leaf.
tumblr_m1h48dXx331qhn51h.gif

"Like a feather?" Nah, man. You gotta be like WATER. Formless. Become the cup. BECOME the teapot! Be water, my friends.

Water can flow, or it can CRASH! Be water my friend.

At a rough estimate I'd say that the amount of bullshit contained in a single chapter of grappler baki could be used to fertilize an area the size of Texas.

Baki is to martial arts what Prince of Tennis is to (duh) tennis.

At a rough estimate I'd say that the amount of bullshit contained in a single chapter of grappler baki could be used to fertilize an area the size of Texas.

This whole new series seems like filler, I mean in the past sagas, arcs, mangas or whatever were also filled with a bunch of characters and fights that were not centered in Baki and his conflict with his father but that was the central theme of the whole story, now that that is over (it seems) this new manga seems like the same thing that happened in Son of Ogre with that Pickle saga, monstrous fighter that appears from nowhere (I know that that was explained with SCIENCE!!, which also brought Musashi) is going to kick the ass of a bunch of characters that we have known since the first manga,is that going to lead anywhere? it is hard to tell, since the only thing resembling to a goal for the main character has already been accomplished.

But this whole thing does not have to be bad, I don't think that anyone is reading Baki for his "brilliant" plot or its realistic and awesome character development, as long as the fights are good and it keeps its bizarre charm I think that is going to be ok, even if the author decides to keep adding more and more sagas just because. Anyway to finish this thing, what has been happening in this saga is not too different of what happened in Son of Ogre with Pickle or in New Grapper Baki with Ali jr. those fights are building the image of this new threat by using the well-known characters of the first manga.

PD

If they are going to go all necromancer, they should revive Yuujiro's father, if he is dead.

With Pickle I would argue (how I saw it) that he was a training opponent for Baki since at that point in the story Baki became so strong that his only opponents were giant imaginary insects.  In a way Pickle was a foreshadowing of Baki's fight with his father. If Baki's father only uses his strength against Baki's strength and martial arts then he would loss.  But, if Baki's father uses his strength and martial arts then he will win, like how Pickle won when he realized that strength alone was not good enough to beat baki.  Ali jr on the other hand showed us how Baki decides which opponents he respects and tries to win without killing them and which opponents Baki will end up killing due to not respecting what it means to be a grappler.

That said i am not going to lie.  I am having a good time with the manga right now.  Every brain cell of mine is telling me that the fight between Musashi and Rertsu will end up being epic.  It's just that the cynical part of my brain is saying that the manga Baki will end up deteriorating without some kind of main plot.  For example, this arc broke one of the many things that I was impressed about the manga which is that it does not use magic.  Yes the story exaggerates the science and makes up laws of science but never actually admits to using magic. But now we have Musashi who was created by science (Science of cloning) and using a spirit medium to retrieve a Musashi's soul (magic).  

Overall, I guess that I am a plot addict.  Even if the plot is bad, dammit just give me one.  On a side note, would it not be ironic if the main plot ends up being Baki's quest to evolve from grappler (who Musashi said is not a real form of martial art) to warrior, so that he can take revenge on Musashi for killing his father.

I beginning to feel as if though this arc is going to turn into Musashi vs every popular character on Baki. Which kind of sound like filler to me.  I don't know.  To me the plot of Baki is his quest to earn his father's respect by being stronger then him.  Which he accomplish in the last arc (sort of.  I'm still in denial about how that was accomplish).  So right now, it has turned into a monster fight of the week.  Again, I don't know but this is how it is starting to look like to me.

This whole new series seems like filler, I mean in the past sagas, arcs, mangas or whatever were also filled with a bunch of characters and fights that were not centered in Baki and his conflict with his father but that was the central theme of the whole story, now that that is over (it seems) this new manga seems like the same thing that happened in Son of Ogre with that Pickle saga, monstrous fighter that appears from nowhere (I know that that was explained with SCIENCE!!, which also brought Musashi) is going to kick the ass of a bunch of characters that we have known since the first manga,is that going to lead anywhere? it is hard to tell, since the only thing resembling to a goal for the main character has already been accomplished.

But this whole thing does not have to be bad, I don't think that anyone is reading Baki for his "brilliant" plot or its realistic and awesome character development, as long as the fights are good and it keeps its bizarre charm I think that is going to be ok, even if the author decides to keep adding more and more sagas just because. Anyway to finish this thing, what has been happening in this saga is not too different of what happened in Son of Ogre with Pickle or in New Grapper Baki with Ali jr. those fights are building the image of this new threat by using the well-known characters of the first manga.

PD

If they are going to go all necromancer, they should revive Yuujiro's father, if he is dead.

"Like a feather?" Nah, man. You gotta be like WATER. Formless. Become the cup. BECOME the teapot! Be water, my friends.

I beginning to feel as if though this arc is going to turn into Musashi vs every popular character on Baki. Which kind of sound like filler to me.  I don't know.  To me the plot of Baki is his quest to earn his father's respect by being stronger then him.  Which he accomplish in the last arc (sort of.  I'm still in denial about how that was accomplish).  So right now, it has turned into a monster fight of the week.  Again, I don't know but this is how it is starting to look like to me.

It's at the after story point already, the whole fight against his father is already over. Right now it's about Baki finding a new goal.

Could still happen, I can't imagine an entire Baki series based on one event, my guess Musashi Miyamoto was just the 1st one who will be ressurected. But getting the same done with Bruce Lee would be tricker if the story adds in his family who are still alive having a say in the matter while Musashi is long dead along with any living relatives.

They're basically underground mafia. I don't see why they would respect anybody's wishes or go asking for permissions. I agree though, that the Musashi was the world first, and more might follow. (Well, certainly will that is, but whether we'll be told that story here, or not, is a different matter.)

He's not small, he's tall for a Japanese (not overly tall), and average for most western country. But when everyone else is a dinosaur, it's inevitable that he appears small.

I don't think he was asking you about normal people. He was talking about the people at the top of the martial worlds, and Baki personally, who should have amazing enough genes to be as tall in stature as the rest of them, but isn't.

wow!! just like real miyamoto musachi for him sword fighting is not a hornor but survival. he incite his oppnent just like he did to kojirou.

Doppo was bested so easily.

Anyone read the raws and saw the last 3 chapters ? Man, even in Baki's standard, that was, well ... brutal.

Spoiler

Well, it was less epic than i thought (at least for now, as there will certainly be a re-fight at some point of the story), but i guess i've been spoiled by the amazing last fight of Son of Ogre.

Must...fight...urge...to......YAWN!!

why is baki so small
did he actually shrink since the beginning?
how can his dad be a giant and he's so tiny

He's not small, he's tall for a Japanese (not overly tall), and average for most western country. But when everyone else is a dinosaur, it's inevitable that he appears small.

This is one of the most badass mangas on planet earth. I grew a full beard, another testicle, and called Chuck Norris a pussy just reading this chapter.

why is baki so small

He's 170 cm I believe.

I got to love how opponents are using baki as a weapon.  First his father uses him as Nun-chucks and now he has become a sword.  I wonder what other weapons baki will be forced to become.

Get rekt.

why is baki so small

Well, it was less epic than i thought (at least for now, as there will certainly be a re-fight at some point of the story), but i guess i've been spoiled by the amazing last fight of Son of Ogre.

I guess. it's not like Baki fought a dude who fucked up dinosaurs or a dude whose muscles allow him to withstand gun fire or his Dad.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics