Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 37votes)

Days

Alt Names: alt Hari-hari
Author: Yasuda Tsuyoshi
Artist: Yasuda Tsuyoshi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Two boys met on a stormy night: Tsukushi, a boy with no special traits at all, and Jin, a soccer genius. On that night, Jin drags Tsukushi into the world of high school soccer.
Go to Days Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

86 Comments

I'd run through a brick wall for the captain at this point!

The title of the newest chapter feels like a manga death-flag. I hope this isn't signalling the end of the series...

Truck-kun intensifies.

This chapter is watford vs leicester city in 2013 all over again, manga version.

Seems like Truck-kun paid a visit to Tsukushi's dad.

It seems Japanese truck drivers are very bad and mangaka/novelists hate them. :P

Seems like Truck-kun paid a visit to Tsukushi's dad.

Goddamnit the cliffhanger!

The title of the newest chapter feels like a manga death-flag. I hope this isn't signalling the end of the series...

LOL, there are at least 9 more volumes tho ;)

Dear moderators,

There was a typesetting mistake in last chapter I uploaded hours ago so I uploaded the corrected chapter, but website uploaded it twice... (It happened before, Batoto pls) Please accept the latest upload. Thank you

Chapter 97, you meant "jackpot" in the lottery, not potluck, lol. Probably not worth issuing a v2, but still quite a silly mistake imo. Potluck has two meanings in English, but even if you take the one related to actual luck, it still doesn't work here at all.

An unstoppable force vs an immovable object is perfectly fine and a well-understood paradox.

IT IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO A SPEAR AND A SHIELD. You can't just fuck with a metaphor in a way that makes it break down completely. There are more mechanics than forward force and flat resistance when you are using a spear and a shield. The strongest shield would not even be flat; it would be round, and thus any spear could be easily deflected off of it. The force doesn't have to be "resisted" or "stopped" to do this. It would naturally redirect itself.

I am not going to let this go. Don't fuck with incorrect metaphors. I will say it a million times if I have to: a spear cannot beat a shield. A SPEAR CANNOT BEAT A SHIELD. You'd need to change the metaphor to be a sword or axe, and even then you still wouldn't have a perfect analogue to the unstoppable force vs immovable object paradox.

In the link is written this:

Spoiler

It's not about the skill of the wielder, It's not about the shape of the weaponry, it's not even about if it is possible or not for a shield to be destroyed by a fucking spear, It's simply about who wins: the ultimate attack or the ultimate defense? It's something without answer, a contradiction. Had you read it you would've known it's not about the concept of spear vs shield, but about the concept of "ultimate attack" vs "ultimate defense".  They are just examples used in a tale from a book wrote in a time in which spears were used more often than swords in the war, and as such, It represented better the concept of attack for the tale. Had it been written today, it could've been written as something like supreme gun vs supreme bulletproof vest, a Nokia 3310 vs a hydraulic press or even the Mexican vs Trump's wall. For you it may sound ridiculous, but various authors (including this mangaka) use it as the metaphor because of the historical influence of a book written in 300 BC.

TL;DR: The spear and shield are just used in many fictitious work as the metaphor cus a tale in an ancient Chinese book used them as examples to represent the concepts of "ultimate attack" and "ultimate defense". In context it makes sense, as in the tale It is only about the quality of the weaponry and the contradiction it brings, nothing more, nothing less.

GOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!!

Aaaaaannnndddd it's offside....

Huh, nice. The author may not be the best at metaphors, but he sure knows his football.

This is the first time a manga-ka that I've seen has brought in the minutiae of offside rules. Offside traps in general are common in manga, but a lot of people (not serious football/soccer players, obviously, but certainly a lot of people) assume that offside rules stop applying as soon as an opponent has touched the ball. But if that touch is merely a deflection or unintentional bounce, then it can still count as offside (as is the case in the latest chapter).

Err, no, I didn't mean to genuinely insult you! Sorry! When I said "silly mistake" I didn't mean "stupid mistake", I meant that the sentence just sounds funny as a result!

See, the most common usage of the word potluck is an event where a bunch of people bring their own dishes to share. So winning a potluck in a lottery sounds like you just won a bunch of home-cooked meals as a prize.... (especially because Japanese lotteries do have a bunch of random prizes, not just money)

This was an accident that anyone could've made. I think your translation is quite good!

I wasn't offended at all, we need more feedback like this. Some people say "your x sucks" but doesn't give us an example to correct us.

We apologise for that. We were looking for a new proofreader, and yesterday we found one. hopefully we'll be able to provide better translations from now on.

Err, no, I didn't mean to genuinely insult you! Sorry! When I said "silly mistake" I didn't mean "stupid mistake", I meant that the sentence just sounds funny as a result!

See, the most common usage of the word potluck is an event where a bunch of people bring their own dishes to share. So winning a potluck in a lottery sounds like you just won a bunch of home-cooked meals as a prize.... (especially because Japanese lotteries do have a bunch of random prizes, not just money)

This was an accident that anyone could've made. I think your translation is quite good!

Chapter 97, you meant "jackpot" in the lottery, not potluck, lol. Probably not worth issuing a v2, but still quite a silly mistake imo. Potluck has two meanings in English, but even if you take the one related to actual luck, it still doesn't work here at all.

We apologise for that. We were looking for a new proofreader, and yesterday we found one. hopefully we'll be able to provide better translations from now on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox  Read this. It's what the metaphor is based on (and many fiction pieces love using this as a metaphor).

An unstoppable force vs an immovable object is perfectly fine and a well-understood paradox.

IT IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO A SPEAR AND A SHIELD. You can't just fuck with a metaphor in a way that makes it break down completely. There are more mechanics than forward force and flat resistance when you are using a spear and a shield. The strongest shield would not even be flat; it would be round, and thus any spear could be easily deflected off of it. The force doesn't have to be "resisted" or "stopped" to do this. It would naturally redirect itself.

I am not going to let this go. Don't fuck with incorrect metaphors. I will say it a million times if I have to: a spear cannot beat a shield. A SPEAR CANNOT BEAT A SHIELD. You'd need to change the metaphor to be a sword or axe, and even then you still wouldn't have a perfect analogue to the unstoppable force vs immovable object paradox.

IMPOSSIBLE!! This much of tension's just too much for me! the hell with those almost-got-in-but-saved-in-the-last-seconds event streak? O.o

This became a Dragon Ball Z fight. Everyone has special moves, the opponent always get stronger, and it's kind ridiculous compared to reality. But I liked

If there was a real story about this, and the shield didn't blatantly win, then it wasn't the strongest shield.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox  Read this. It's what the metaphor is based on (and many fiction pieces love using this as a metaphor).

Two chapters in a row with point blank chances! If soccer was like this in real life, I'd watch every match played.

High school soccer can be just like this. In my opinion high school soccer when good schools are playing are more interesting then professional.

At some point, I've learned from soccer manga that if the chapter ends while the opponent is shooting, unless it's a point blank goal, he probably won't score.

Two chapters in a row with point blank chances! If soccer was like this in real life, I'd watch every match played.

At some point, I've learned from soccer manga that if the chapter ends while the opponent is shooting, unless it's a point blank goal, he probably won't score.

I think you didn't really understand the metaphor. (lol)

Spoiler

If there was a real story about this, and the shield didn't blatantly win, then it wasn't the strongest shield.

another 3 chapters at once?!

z8iuul.jpg

A spear vs a shield...? Terrible metaphor. It's obvious that a shield would win in real life, because a spear just jams forward and doesn't bend. It takes a sword or axe to beat a shield because you knock it out of the way on the fore swing and then riposte on the back swing.

I think you didn't really understand the metaphor. (lol)

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics