Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 110votes)

Spice and Wolf

Alt Names: alt 狼と香辛料alt 狼与香辛料alt Okami to Koshinryoalt Ookami to Koushinryou alt Spice & Wolfalt Wolf and Spicealt Волчица и Пряности
Author: Hasekura Isuna
Artist: Ayakura Juu & Koume Keito
Genres: Adventure AdventureFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: With his carthorse as his only companion, the young merchant Lawrence Kraft slowly wends his way through dusty back roads in search of profitable trade. But this monotony screeches to a halt when, one night, he encounters a harvest goddess in the guise of a beautiful young girl…with wolf ears and a tail! Longing for the northern lands of her birth, Holo the Wisewolf joins Lawrence as he follows the ebb and flow of trade through the countryside. And when the two come across a compelling but suspicious opportunity for profit, will Lawrence with his mercantile chops, and Holo with her ancient instincts, be able to separate the truth from the lies — and make some coin while they’re at it?!
Go to Spice and Wolf Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discución Sobre Spice and Wolf New Window leyend
  • 0 Replies

102 Comments

Lawrence is a lucky son of a bitch to have her. Lawrence should meet up with rito and the dude from infinite stratos they can have the most dense male party.

lawrence isn't THAT dense.

Lawrence is a lucky son of a bitch to have her. Lawrence should meet up with rito and the dude from infinite stratos they can have the most dense male party.

After reading manga for a while, you come to expect a certain shallowness of character for anybody with animal ears, like there is nothing more to their personality than "catgirl" or whatever. Horo completely defies that and has depth that is rarely seen, showing that just because a character is friggin' adorable doesn't mean she can't have the temperament and personality of a real person.

Spoiler

HHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/world-end-economica-complete
If anyone's interested, World End Economica ep2 and ep3 are getting localized.
It's a Visual Novel by Hasekura-sensei. I was wondering whether it'll ever be fan-translated but looks like it's going farther than that. 16 days left with 250% funding.

anyone care to explain to me why is it bad when he bring women?

There's a lot of potential reasons.

First and foremost is the emphasis that's been placed on him having a female companion this entire volume, especially one as pretty and aparrently dainty as she is. It's obvious that everyone sees her as some kind of toy, not as a viable partner or even marriage candidate.

There's also the fact that not a single one of the merchant's he's done business with is female so it's probably highly irregular for there to even be a female merchant though their are probably low key partnerships where the female is a silent and (most likely) invisible partner.

Finally there's the fact that this is a church city and the fact that the church might have some pretty limited views on women and what positions they can 'properly' hold.

Volume 10 cover:

Spoiler

It serves as a distraction and can give the impression that he is using her as eye-candy or an excuse. Notice how she hid when talking to the first one? Yeah this particular instance was probably a mistake.

it gives the impression that he is sightseeing/going on a date, instead of trying hard to solve the problem

tho the light novel is pretty more well done, this manga helps me getting my imagination alive with those really good drawings, I already know what will happen but I'll still read this manga for that little sweet feeling when you see their expressions.

I like the novel's art style more, the story is told way better and more consistent and the characters are portrayed more charming and intelligent. and as the manga is miles away from the current novel volume... If it truly is up to date that means (assuming 3 volumes manga per volume novel) they are at best at the end of the 3rd volume (the longest so far)...

Really, if you like this one, try the novel, it's just plain better. And should be fully translated in about 2 years.

I don't want to say the manga is bad, but the novel is better...

also obviously not up to date there's 9 volumes out in japan

The translation and editing thereof are subpar here. Get the official translated manga volumes from Yen Press and you won't be disappointed, I assure you. Also, the official translation is presently up to date with volume releases in Japan.

I like the novel's art style more, the story is told way better and more consistent and the characters are portrayed more charming and intelligent. and as the manga is miles away from the current novel volume... If it truly is up to date that means (assuming 3 volumes manga per volume novel) they are at best at the end of the 3rd volume (the longest so far)...

Really, if you like this one, try the novel, it's just plain better. And should be fully translated in about 2 years.

I don't want to say the manga is bad, but the novel is better...

You should probably put a page or something in each release telling people about the official releases.

I forgot to add it, but I'll have it on the next chapter that will be release soon on next week probably.

That's the plan, for now we're just here to raise an awareness to this series, and we will only do up to Volume 6 or 7.

You should probably put a page or something in each release telling people about the official releases.

The translation and editing thereof are subpar here. Get the official translated manga volumes from Yen Press and you won't be disappointed, I assure you. Also, the official translation is presently up to date with volume releases in Japan.

Prionblank...you probably should be trying to tackle this series. You don't have the capable staff to do it justice, and Yen Press also doesn't tolerate scanlators as much as other publishers do.

That's the plan, for now we're just here to raise an awareness to this series, and we will only do up to Volume 6 or 7.

wow the novel is sooooooo much better, it's not comparable anymore...

the pacing and use of words here was horrible, I'm glad I got the novel instead.

Prionblank...you probably should be trying to tackle this series. You don't have the capable staff to do it justice, and Yen Press also doesn't tolerate scanlators as much as other publishers do.

wow the novel is sooooooo much better, it's not comparable anymore...

the pacing and use of words here was horrible, I'm glad I got the novel instead.

This is the only manga I buy in stores, up to volume 8 now.

Oh my, I figured this was dead since the licensed version had come out so long ago.

Hopefully scanlator doesn't get into trouble with licensing.

Wow Yen Press is serious about translating both the manga and novel.. Novel is already at v10.. (though I've read all of them already)

gene_wilder_peter_boyle_young_frank.gif

Thanks for the release!

nice to see the translation picked up

a bit sad that the proofreading is somewhat lacking : it feels like a an upgraded version of google translate

Hot damn, a new chapter -- what an awesome surprise! Thanks Kisu Kissmanga Scans!

THE MANGA CONTINUES!!!!

ud0XXxE.gif

thanks Kisu Kissmanga Scans!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics