Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

I read up to page four. Then clicked the main link and followed the manga. Now to continue it.

something I can confirm for this series.

Tsundere - v
Yandere - v
Imouto - v
neechan - v
loli - v
girl soul boy body - v

His Imouto is yandere

..and with those abilities how the hell did he end up failing and repeating

That will prolly be explained in the next chapters.
But if you wanna know still,
Spoiler

I think I should go and watch Gattaca again.

..and with those abilities how the hell did he end up failing and repeating

Honestly, when will all these MC who wins these battle start manning up and say

"I want your virginity."

Just waiting for it to happen.

If only.

These guys will fail miserably IRL lets be honest.

>You have a big breasted voluptuous red head ready to do anything for you. MC, what are you going to do.

>>Definitely not sex.

something I can confirm for this series.

Tsundere - v

Yandere - v

Imouto - v

neechan - v

loli - v

girl soul boy body - v

And the description grows yet again,how very lovely.

Those who wanted to read the LN, go vote for it at

http://setsuna86blog.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/series-proposed/

yes, it's cliche. But cliche is from formula that already proven.

some able to execute that formula well, some don't.

Honestly, I partook of this mango because it seemed pretty cliche, and I wanted to confirm it before I ignored it. I stayed for the grammatical train wreck that occurred twice a sentence. Seriously, it was like watching a train wreck over and over again: I just couldn't bear to tear my eyes away to see if noone was hurt, externally, but was watching because I knew this was the most exciting point of my week, internally.

whatev, ill follow

This type of manga has been done a lot, but I feel like this one has been executed pretty well. Main character is pretty cool, and he looks like he has a strong sense of purpose. Art is awesome too. I'm just waiting for the harem.

gotta say though, it's really hella similar to asterisk so far. the whole 'win the competition against other schools', 'MC starts off teaming up with strong girl', 'begin story with a duel'.

but otherwise, I guess I could still continue and see what happens.

Man, this manga is a lot like... who cares. This will always always always happen when new mangas, anmie, LNs come out. it happens in TV all the time. want to read something thats different? go pick a new genre. otherwise just pick one manga from the list this is like and ignore every else in the same genre.

I understand where you're coming from, but I nonetheless disagree.

The audience doesn't have to always be passive. We are not obligated to just stit there and be fed what authors give us, or leave the genre entirely if we don't like it. If we get this apathetic, then how can the genre change to reach new readers? People aren't supposed to go ''oh, that's cliché, but it's good enough''. That's how genre die in my opinion. Genres need to constantly re-invent themselves to suit newer generations of readers, least they die out. You can only go so far by pandering to a fanbase. How do you think A Song of Fire And Ice sells, even to people who read next to no fantasy before? Because GRRM took a risk by writing a fantasy series not trying to be another Lord of the Rings ripoff, which plagued the fantasy genre for years. Dwarves and elves can only get you so far. I would also add The Black Company and The Second Apocalypse to other series doing great as the new type of fantasy.

And it's not like Japanese can't do that, we know they can, that's why we are disappointed each time an author falls back to the same used formulas, either because of laziness or genuine fear to try something different. For example, we have seen Japanese authors take the Harem/Romantic Comedy genre, and turn it around on its head to fnd new ways to use it, sometimes even ending up becoming a Deconstruction. Toradora! deconstructs many of the character archetypes seen in typical harem anime, with the main one being what kind of experiences could give a person a childish tsundere personality in real life. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ends up deconstructing the typical dense harem protagonist, and what kind of guy with what reasons would decide to play blind to the girls' feelings. And then we have My Romantic Comedy is Wrong as Expected which...well...just take the entire genre and all the tropes associated, and crush them under its foot after beating them senseless into the ground. And it's glorious.

Heck, even The Familiar of Zero surprisingly did this past volume 11, becoming generally more serious, deconstructing what having a relationship with a Tsundere looks like (hint: it's not hilarious), and how a kid stuck in another world deal with homesickness. There's also a subtle one with one of the character representing the even more loser than Saito of a reader that uses Saito as a measuring stick and finds himself ahead without realizing Saito may have deeper qualities or complexities.

I know we don't matter much as manga readers us Westerners since, you know, we don't live in Japan and all, and don't actually influence a mangaka's book sales as we get to read the things basically for free (and a big thanks to all scanlation groups for their dedication and amazing jobs, because we will read them, even if they are cliché), but I feel that Japanese manga readers should ask for quality from their LN authors and mangakas. Aren't they tired of the same things? Or do they just have a mentality so skewed from us that we can't possibly understand their tastes (yes, I am still pissed off at Mx0 getting axed)?

Anyway, even if they are like that, we on the other hand shouldn't, and always keep a critical mind when reading works of fiction.

PS: On another unrelated note, Lævateinn, really? What's with Japanese and riping off Norse Mythology? It's like they all have chuunibyou or something. At least it wasn't Gram, which is usually the main offender.

decided to check out this anime, wow did it suck balls. the action scene was misleading haha

Really? I thought this scene was trashy from the start.

It's so cliche to the point of predictable in so many ways (tsundere female lead, harem route, MC being the aloof badass, etc)
But even with that, you'd still want to read the next chapter anyway.

So to paraphease the Honest Trailer guy: "You have to admit, that shit was dumb/cliche as hell, but I still can't wait for the sequel/next chapter"

Probably because we want to see all this cliche made well together. Because every one who make story's like have pretty interesting things in their storys but it seams like their a bit lazy and just take something cliche that is sure to sell. But the point that where all probably most drawn too is the amazing art.

Out of the stories One-Eyed Othinus mentioned, I think this is most similar with Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, where the MC is obviously 'powerful' but there's a backlash, as opposed to Mahouka, where MC is obviously powerful, but is imposed certain limitation but without backlash.

Notice also how the school building is a rip-off of school buildings and how the sword is a rip-off of the katana.

And ripping off the blue skies of the real world by drawing blue skies and clouds, that's just low.

Even the god damn speech clouds are rip-offs, i swear, artists these days have no originality.

And why do the characters speak? That's a rip-off of all the characters that were ever made, that's just stupid and lazy.

Let's hug, my friend! This is a start of a beautifull friendship!

Somehow the duel remind me of:

Spoiler

decided to check out this anime, wow did it suck balls. the action scene was misleading haha

I laughed a bit when the MC says (paraphrasing)

Spoiler
LOL 

The description makes me feel like satire had a baby with a broken 4th wall...

Wow. For once, I'm actually interested in the charas and story.

what do you mean?

It's so cliche to the point of predictable in so many ways (tsundere female lead, harem route, MC being the aloof badass, etc)

But even with that, you'd still want to read the next chapter anyway.

So to paraphease the Honest Trailer guy: "You have to admit, that shit was dumb/cliche as hell, but I still can't wait for the sequel/next chapter"

shitty, unoriginal manga. followed.

what do you mean?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics