Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Desert Punk

Alt Names: alt 砂ぼうずalt Desert Punkalt 모래돌이alt Sand Boyalt Sunabo-zualt Sunabouzualt Sunabozualt Пустынная крыса
Author: Usune Masatoshi
Artist: Usune Masatoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a nuclear war turns most of the Earth into desert wastelands, surviving humans had used the sands in order to survive. One of them is a professional mercenary named Sunabozu, who makes a living by hiring himself out to anyone who needs his talents.
Go to Desert Punk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Direct download links New Window Goral
  • 4 Replies
Topic Sunabouzu Image Thread (wallpapers, fan arts, gifs, covers etc.) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic MiB and Gantz Waiting Room recruiting jp->en translator for Sunabozu (Desert Punk) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic What strength is, and what is not strength. New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies

238 Comments

Thanks for the new chapters.

when he was little? he's 12 years old right now, how old was he then?

This manga is soooo good. Surprises everywhere! Arg what's gonna happen next!??

BTW, I will have much less time starting next month so I'm looking for volunteers willing to work on Desert Punk. If you're interested you can contact me or Ikkyusan.

ahahaha this is so good. Dam I knew there was something up with that kid, didn't expect that though xD. As always thanks for the release :D

Another great cover. Thanks for the chapter!!

Sunabo-Zu:  I'm going to take over the world!!!

Of Course!!!

That clifhanger

No matter how many times Junko screws him over he falls for the same trick over and over, then again, this time he know damn well if, he tries to escape or turns them down, he's dead, so no other choice but to join forces until the contracts up and he, escapes mid-side but WILL HE FINALLY (RAPE) HAVE SEX WITH JUNKO!

We all know his ultimate goal is to tie up Junko to a bed or something similar.

Page 30 DAT FACE (Don't you fucking dare betray me).

So now this is monthly or what?

Wait, Suna-something sold him to a homo right? How is he in active service again?

It's explained in the next chapter though it shouldn't be surprising knowing that he was from The Oasis and had special training.

Wait, Suna-something sold him to a homo right? How is he in active service again?

wow page 10. That's hella a piece of scratchboard art.

I remember watching the anime, and liking it a lot. Also their desert suit made me think of the fremen suit in Dune, not from the look but because it make you survive in a dersertic environnement where there is almost no water. Altrought  i think the fremen kit was better because it recycled your sweat and body waste. (not that it sound much appealing thought)

This guy has such an evil grin, I love it.

Nice cover!

Yep. I've changed it since the one from volume 1 isn't too tempting. When I first saw the cover of Desert Punk I thought it was another anime that only Japanese could appreciate (about robots or aliens or something like that) but it turned out that it's one of the best manga I've read. And the author is a genius, not only does he create convincing and interesting characters but he's also doing it the smart way. Thanks to choosing such a theme and creating such conditions he doesn't have to draw complicated faces or backgrounds, he can just copy-paste desert/sand and desert suit :D. Pure genius if you ask me.

Oh, and I've changed it on Baka Updates too. I'll be changing covers there more frequently than here (probably once every new volume comes out) to try and encourage people to check this manga out. 3 new votes have been added (previously it was at 85 votes) since then.

Doesn't anyone in these things know your suppose to travel at night in the desert, and rest during the day? Desert native doing the opposite, come on....

Well, it depends on the conditions in this Japanese desert (technically we have a desert in Poland which probably wouldn't be called that by Africans) - I don't remember we've been informed what temperature there is (though I might be wrong) plus they have their gear which allows them to ignore it but in general you're right. But the real explanation to this is easy - it's cheaper to do it during the day, less ink is being wasted and the costs of printing are lower :]. Also it's easier to tell what's going on that way.

If we're nitpicking

Spoiler

I'm glad this gets picked up again. I'm tired of browsing through the sea of shoujo every day. >_>

//////////////////////////

also added a few missing tags.

Huh ... looks like Kosuna might actually enjoy those cavity searches (c45/p13).

Nice cover!

Doesn't anyone in these things know your suppose to travel at night in the desert, and rest during the day? Desert native doing the opposite, come on....

Heres to Natsuko getting f*cked in the ass! CHEERS!

Lol, I saw the picture and I thought it was Jax from the League.

Oh, he will get the chance. He'll just end up not accomplishing anything in the end, that's all. And probably in debt.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics