Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.44 - 160votes)

Stealth Symphony

Alt Names: alt ć‚¹ćƒ†ćƒ«ć‚¹äŗ¤å¢ƒę›²ć€ˆć‚·ćƒ³ćƒ•ć‚©ćƒ‹ćƒ¼ć€‰alt ć‚¹ćƒ†ćƒ«ć‚¹äŗ¤éŸæę›²
Author: Narita Ryohgo
Artist: Amano Youichi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where elves, dwarves, and invisible dragons live in harmony inside a metropolitan city, Sieg sets out to find someone or something that can unleash the curse that he carries on his back. As he attempts to survive in the city of Jinbocho, a city filled with fantastic secrets and organizations, he encounters many powerful individuals who set out to either destroy him or save him. Will Sieg be able to discover the true secret of his curse, or will it lead him to his own demise?
Go to Stealth Symphony Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw Chapters New Window KuroHorobi
  • 3 Replies

438 Comments

why axe it? it's better than Bleach and Nisekoi

there are 3 new series on their way for WSJ, one as a replacement for "Soul Catcher(S)" because it's moved to Jump Next,

the second would be iShoujo and the third one would be Stealth Symphony....... why couldn't it be Illegal Rare?

Why axe it?

THe answer is simple, because One Piece, Bleach and Naruto refuse to end. It's been almost two years since Naruto bagan it's final push, and it's still going on. Bleach however, should've ended a loooooong time ago. After Arrancar arc, Bleach was supposed to have one more arc and then it would end.

That's exactly what didn't happen and now we have this forced Quincy arc.

One piece is still going to continue for a long time. And with that, many people buy Jump to read only these three titles, and ignore most of the other ones.

In the end, many good series end prematurely, and the author is left to cope with whatever chapters he has left, the story suffers and we have a sucky nonsense-driven ending.

Wow, edgy enough? Geezus.

And I've been saying since the start that this series just didn't mesh well. I pin it primarily on Torama. They went too far with the invisible == empty metaphors to the point he "had no presence" as a character. He was just a convenient deus ex machina asspull to save the MC whenever they liked.

So then, according to the dragon director lady, Sieg is at the stage where only someone of his own blood could kill him. Meaning that Sieg is not dead, or that that assassin guy is related to the president of V&V.

I know I don't have the right to say this as I haven't been following this weekly like some other Jump series but:

"What complete and utter BS! Seriously Narita, what were you thinking when you were writing that scene!?"

On the other hand, I for one think that entire scene is a metaphor for Jump 'axing' Stealth Symphony. The assassin is a representation of the Jump editorial staff. While Sieg's Dragon form and plight is a representation of Narita or the manga itself struggling to come to terms with the fact it isn't as popular to the Jump readership as it wanted to be and desperately throwing out plot points in hopes of 'rescuing' the manga. While in the middle of trying to do so, the editorial staff (assassin) hands down their verdict of ending (cutting from the neck) the series (Sieg).

It makes a lot more sense if you look at the scene like that.

The one I really feel sorry for is the artist, Amano Youichi. The art itself is amazing.

i wonder if the mangaka purposefully made it so i didn't really like the main character from the start so that i didn't mind if too much that this happened

That was unexpected. When I got to the last page, I heard a wilhelm screem. Seems fitting.

Even if the author had time/the opportunity to build up to it, it still would have been a bullshit ending.

The main character turned evil and blew up the world.

That is the ending. No amount of building up can lead to that after the generic "happy-go-lucky kid from the boonies goes to the big city"-beginning without jumping the shark half a dozen times.

I do think the story should've been darker to begin with if that's where it was headed, but there's still degrees to bullshit. There's "innocent kid slowly descends into madness" and there's "innocent kid slowlEVERYTHING IS FUCKED".

Going from shounen to total nihilism is 19 chapters: Now that's the acceleration of despair.

Leave for the Assassin Guild boss to be competent at his job

he's the vice-boss tho

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Bet Sieg asked to be killed when he visited the assassin's guild lol

Really?  Was that the last chapter?

No there's a new chapter this week. The raw for it should show up within the next few hours or early tomorrow.

FUCK.

Leave for the Assassin Guild boss to be competent at his job

So the previous black dragon was killed by the 'boss' of the assassin guild

And sieg too is to be killed by the 'boss' of the assassin guild?

Spoiler

Even if the author had time/the opportunity to build up to it, it still would have been a bullshit ending.

Really?  Was that the last chapter?

I'm pretty sure the kid isn't dead.  So his head is off, big deal.  If that was enough to stop him the Black Dragon wouldn't be the big boojum everyone's atwitter about.

And I'm sure the kid will again have some sort of dramatic reversal before the end, some sort of synthesis with his good-guy self and stuff, if the ax doesn't fall before the story gets there.

Noooo is this the last chapter nooooooooo

Nature of being a weekly series I suppose. Bleach isn't getting canned because the editors of Shounen Jump know that it's the final arc of a long running series, so they want to let it end well (I think). Then again, Kubo is probably milking this, which is why Bleach has been consistently god awful for quite a long time now.

Nisekoi, on the otherhand, maintains enough popularity so that it's not in danger at all of being cancelled. As a result, the author has no reason to really push the story, as he can get away with just putting in slice of life filler. It's not like he's incapable of making the story interesting, as Nisekoi has some small, solid stretches of plot here and there. 

SS is different from these two, as it has been pretty much stuck in the bottom of the rankings. As a result, the author has been actively trying to make the story interesting, with whatever action or plot or whatever to make it attractive. So of course, compared to the stalling series, as a whole, it feels better written. However, it just isn't getting any traction, which is probably(?) leading to its axing.

Take what I wrote with a grain of salt though, like hell I really know the inner workings of manga publication. Just a bunch of stuff I kinda assume.

If anything it's the editors and bigwigs that make Kubo milk Bleach. It's not like it would be the first, or even the tenth time Jump  tries to pressure authors into prolonging series.

The MC got the literal 'axe'... or close enough anyway

I'm almost certain this isn't just an arbitrary step into the deep end, but I think the issue is that the authors didn't get the time or opportunity to build up to it. I also felt at the series' beginning that it would be axed pretty quickly, but I really wish it could have had the chance to be all that it could have been.

That is the ending. No amount of building up can lead to that after the generic "happy-go-lucky kid from the boonies goes to the big city"-beginning without jumping the shark half a dozen times.

I feel like this chapter went a step too far for me. It's gone so arbitrarily far off the deep end that it's hard to feel emotionally attached to what's going on.

I'm almost certain this isn't just an arbitrary step into the deep end, but I think the issue is that the authors didn't get the time or opportunity to build up to it. I also felt at the series' beginning that it would be axed pretty quickly, but I really wish it could have had the chance to be all that it could have been.

43518981.jpg

I feel like this chapter went a step too far for me. It's gone so arbitrarily far off the deep end that it's hard to feel emotionally attached to what's going on.

why axe it? it's better than Bleach and Nisekoi

there are 3 new series on their way for WSJ, one as a replacement for "Soul Catcher(S)" because it's moved to Jump Next,

the second would be iShoujo and the third one would be Stealth Symphony....... why couldn't it be Illegal Rare?

Nature of being a weekly series I suppose. Bleach isn't getting canned because the editors of Shounen Jump know that it's the final arc of a long running series, so they want to let it end well (I think). Then again, Kubo is probably milking this, which is why Bleach has been consistently god awful for quite a long time now.

Nisekoi, on the otherhand, maintains enough popularity so that it's not in danger at all of being cancelled. As a result, the author has no reason to really push the story, as he can get away with just putting in slice of life filler. It's not like he's incapable of making the story interesting, as Nisekoi has some small, solid stretches of plot here and there. 

SS is different from these two, as it has been pretty much stuck in the bottom of the rankings. As a result, the author has been actively trying to make the story interesting, with whatever action or plot or whatever to make it attractive. So of course, compared to the stalling series, as a whole, it feels better written. However, it just isn't getting any traction, which is probably(?) leading to its axing.

Take what I wrote with a grain of salt though, like hell I really know the inner workings of manga publication. Just a bunch of stuff I kinda assume.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics