Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 96votes)

Trace 2.0

Alt Names: alt 트레이스2
Author: Nasty Cat
Artist: Nasty Cat
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Original webtoon from Daum:
http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/trace2

Now being officially translated on Tapastic :
http://bit.ly/tapastictrace2
Help support the artist!

Prequel:

> Trace 1.5
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/trace-15-r2888 )

Prequel:

> Trace ( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/trace-r112 )

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Trace 2.0 Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic ["Kidnappers" ch18+19+20 up] Trace 2.0 translations New Window bahboh
  • 27 Replies
Topic Haema Color New Window iphiel
  • 0 Replies
Topic Trace 2.0 Raws Discussion New Window Gizmos
  • 25 Replies
Topic How many years have passed since the start of Trace? New Window Whitehalo127
  • 0 Replies
Topic Trace 2.0 discussion New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies

201 Comments

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

omg, i've never been so excited to share/upload a chapter before. I love this trailer + music. 

Also, pardon me if some of the english sounds a little strange, I kind of got too excited to really think about how to make some lines sound more natural.

Anybody have any idea why this stopped updating on Tapastic.com?
They were officially endorsed by the author and everything... Why did the translating stop???

OMG!!! Big news!! (well, sort of) NastyCat will be a guest at Comiccon in New York on October!!! XD

He's expecting no one (or some Korean fans out in US), but let's make him panic with non-Korean fans who can only speak English!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Guests/Comic-Guests/

well, how was it?

OMG!!! Big news!! (well, sort of) NastyCat will be a guest at Comiccon in New York on October!!! XD

He's expecting no one (or some Korean fans out in US), but let's make him panic with non-Korean fans who can only speak English!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Guests/Comic-Guests/

... Not to mention, the Tapastic site is a hell of a lot easier to read on, as opposed to Naver's which is geared specifically to mobile devices and renders everything horribly for PCs (users must manually install some custom script to make reading somewhat easier).

Good News! The official PC version of Naver's "Line Webtoon" is up and running! No more having to put up with "Mobile only"!

... Now to just make sure their translation quality is up to par. :P

i can't complain at all about the job that tapastic and the scanlation team do to get this series released. last time there was a hiatus was due to legal issues that took more than a week to sort out.

one chapter a week is enough for me. i can complain a lot more about naver that insist on releasing popular series so slowly that they still aren't anywhere near catching up to scanlations. i'm still having to learn korean in order to read those.

And I also completely agree with Quality over Quantity.. My issue is with the randomness and the hiatuses that Scanlators do with series. You never know when a series is getting released and sometimes they just stop releasing it out of nowhere without any warning whatsoever. While I would much rather have quality, I think you also need to balance the 2 together and have timely releases. You said the Quality enhances the reading experience, but being able to read chapters quickly also enhances the reading experience. If you have to keep rereading the series over and over again because chapter releases are so far apart, then that really destroys the series for me. I just feel like Daum and Naver need to get translations of their series in order. Naver has started this and I think it is great. It does have quality issues, but they are clearly getting better with experience. Tapastic has good quality, but lacks consistent releases. So if they could both combine their strenghts (Tapastic and Daum=Quality...Naver=Quantity) then I think we would have a great system for Korean webtoon translations.

The problem with how Naver is doing it, is that they are prioritizing Quantity over Quality; hence all the poor translations and punctuation/grammar mistakes (although all the fan feedback has helped push for improvement in this area). Also, only very few Naver comics are actually up to date for the English releases.

If anything, I much prefer what Daum chose to do with Trace 2.0, with hiring on the scanlating team that was already releasing quality scans. Not to mention, the tapastic site is a hell of a lot easier to read on, as opposed to Naver's which is geared specifically to mobile devices and renders everything horribly for PCs (users must manually install some custom script to make reading somewhat easier).

Honestly, I would hope Naver would allow at least some of its comics to be handled like Trace 2.0. Some webcomics, like Kubera, rely so much on solid translations and attention to detail for readers to get a full understanding of the story; poor quality in these fields renders the story into a crappy third-rate fantasy that makes no sense (likewise for other comics).

TheCompany was doing a pretty good job of maintaining quality with a timely release schedule, and it really saddens me that they had to pull their stuff off this site... My two cents.

No I agree that Naver has some issues with Quality, but it has already improved.. I mean they have just started, but they have the right idea.. They are getting the webtoons to us efficiently.. The problem I have with how Daum and Tapastic are doing it is that it is all in the Scanlators hands.. Which means there is no real schedule or consistency to releases. You never know when a chapter will be released. What Im trying to say is Naver has the right idea, but I understand it is flawed still, but it is still new and in the process of improvement.. Again though, I am just happy to read Trace, but I think Daum needs to do something similar, if not learn from Naver's weaknesses and make a site that gets us English translations consistently and efficiently. From a business standpoint it doesnt make much sense to let other people translate your stuff when you could easily hire your own people and do it yourself.

No offense to Tapastic, but if anything it is slowing down the translation process.. It was being translated on schedule until Tapastic took over now we are only up to Chapter 25 when on Daum it is at Chapter 50.. And now no Scanlator will touch this series now that Tapastic has it.. Kinda sux, but at least it is being translated, even if it is super slow... I mean Naver has the right idea.. They took over everything themselves and are now translating all of their popular comics themselves at m.webtoons.com and actually release each chapter BEFORE it even comes out in Korea which is crazy! Now thats efficiency and smart! Why Daum has not done this I have no clue and going through another site just doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

The problem with how Naver is doing it, is that they are prioritizing Quantity over Quality; hence all the poor translations and punctuation/grammar mistakes (although all the fan feedback has helped push for improvement in this area). Also, only very few Naver comics are actually up to date for the English releases.

If anything, I much prefer what Daum chose to do with Trace 2.0, with hiring on the scanlating team that was already releasing quality scans. Not to mention, the tapastic site is a hell of a lot easier to read on, as opposed to Naver's which is geared specifically to mobile devices and renders everything horribly for PCs (users must manually install some custom script to make reading somewhat easier).

Honestly, I would hope Naver would allow at least some of its comics to be handled like Trace 2.0. Some webcomics, like Kubera, rely so much on solid translations and attention to detail for readers to get a full understanding of the story; poor quality in these fields renders the story into a crappy third-rate fantasy that makes no sense (likewise for other comics).

TheCompany was doing a pretty good job of maintaining quality with a timely release schedule, and it really saddens me that they had to pull their stuff off this site... My two cents.

No offense to Tapastic, but if anything it is slowing down the translation process.. It was being translated on schedule until Tapastic took over now we are only up to Chapter 25 when on Daum it is at Chapter 50.. And now no Scanlator will touch this series now that Tapastic has it.. Kinda sux, but at least it is being translated, even if it is super slow... I mean Naver has the right idea.. They took over everything themselves and are now translating all of their popular comics themselves at m.webtoons.com and actually release each chapter BEFORE it even comes out in Korea which is crazy! Now thats efficiency and smart! Why Daum has not done this I have no clue and going through another site just doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

Episode 19 is now on Tapastic!

Tapastic is not a scanlating group, but rather a webcomic hosting site. Trace 2.0 is now being officially (i.e. with the author's permission) translated and uploaded to Tapastic. 
Therefore, the old versions have been taken down from Batoto. Cool fact: Twisted Hel Scans, who did the previous versions, are doing the new, more-awesomer, versions too!

Also super cool fun fact! Comic creators will actually be paid by Tapastic according to the popularity of their comics! :D (Given that they are popular enough, admittedly. However, Tapastic is all very up front about the conditions and what-not. Super-awesome well-done site, too. [I'm a bit of a fan, can you tell?) 

From http://tapastic.com/site/faq :

"Give ad revenue Tapastic creators can earn money from ads when readers view episodes. Anyone can help creators by just reading and spreading the word about comics on Tapastic."

"Keep all rights Tapastic does not claim any ownership rights to creators’ content. We are not a publisher, but a self-publishing platform."

Thanks! We're trying super hard to bring more great content!

So you guys are on Batoto too? (You are the ones from the webcomics page right?)

BTW I don't know if you can talk with the creator of GamerCat but tell him/her that the comic is great.

I'll let her know!

The last chapter which was released here was chapter 19, the latest one on Tapastic is chapter 13, 14 and 15 will probably be up there within the next couple days.

yup! Will be posting more today.

Uh, new releases of the same chapters?

Wassup with that Tap.

This a v2?

I guess technically, it is a V2, since now it's official? 

So what chapter were we up to again?

The last chapter which was released here was chapter 19, the latest one on Tapastic is chapter 13, 14 and 15 will probably be up there within the next couple days.

So what chapter were we up to again?

Wassup with that Tap.
This a v2?

Tapastic is not a scanlating group, but rather a webcomic hosting site. Trace 2.0 is now being officially (i.e. with the author's permission) translated and uploaded to Tapastic. 
Therefore, the old versions have been taken down from Batoto. Cool fact: Twisted Hel Scans, who did the previous versions, are doing the new, more-awesomer, versions too!

Now you all know why we haven't been releasing ^_^
We've been busy reworking the old chapters of the series with the original PSDs and fixing any iffy translations to bring you a better-than-ever Trace 2.0 through Tapastic.

Also super cool fun fact! Comic creators will actually be paid by Tapastic according to the popularity of their comics! :D (Given that they are popular enough, admittedly. However, Tapastic is all very up front about the conditions and what-not. Super-awesome well-done site, too. [I'm a bit of a fan, can you tell?) 

From http://tapastic.com/site/faq :

"Give ad revenue Tapastic creators can earn money from ads when readers view episodes. Anyone can help creators by just reading and spreading the word about comics on Tapastic."

"Keep all rights Tapastic does not claim any ownership rights to creators’ content. We are not a publisher, but a self-publishing platform."

It's a bit complicated, but we're doing the best we can.

So you guys are on Batoto too? (You are the ones from the webcomics page right?)

BTW I don't know if you can talk with the creator of GamerCat but tell him/her that the comic is great.

Wassup with that Tap.

This a v2?

i dont get it

It's a bit complicated, but we're doing the best we can.

Guess I'll have to make a tapastic account and follow Trace there... been browsing through the available comics they have, didn't really see anything interesting so far.

haha. If you like Korean webtoons, I'm sure you'll enjoy the other ones that came from Daum such as Jack, the American Ghost, Subway Line 1, or Season of Su. You could also check out Moonlight Hair.

Guess I'll have to make a tapastic account and follow Trace there... been browsing through the available comics they have, didn't really see anything interesting so far.

You should check out Gamer Cat! If you know games, it's so amusing.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics